• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Scourge of the Howling Horde

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Ooooo I think she likes you Denizel shakes his head and drives the mule forward, taking the reins about his elbow to keep his crossbow at hand.

"Whatever suits you Miss Sylla." He gives her a slight nod.

[sblock=ooc]I had an extra http in the link. Should be better now.

There are no mule stats in the Pathfinder Bestiary, though it is listed in equipment. I was hoping someone would tell me I was wrong and point me to their statistics. That doesn't seem like its going to happen.

I agree with Systole, that the pony probably has the closest stats. I've included them below. The mule can carry 75 lbs and still have a light load. If anyone wants to unload anything on the mule he can carry 10 more lbs before slowing down.

I don't mean to be a bother with the mule, and would have taken him if the mission was outside the city. However, the encumbrance rules for Pathfinder were not forgiving to a low strength score. The mule was chosen because the equipment section of the core books lists it as not being easily scared, like horse.

The newly suggested order is fine. However, I think the mule should be medium sized.[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel's Stats]Denizel
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 8 Current: 8
CMB: -1 CMD: 11 Fort: +0 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow
Current Conditions in Effect:

Spells Remaining: 1st level 2/2
Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 15), Disguise Self
0: Daze, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

[sblock=Sandy the Mule]Pony CR 1/2 XP 200
N Medium animal
Init +1; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +5
DEFENSE
AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10 (+1 Dex)
hp 13 (2d8+4)
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +0
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee 2 hooves –3 (1d3)
STATISTICS
Str 13, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 4
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 13 (17 vs. trip)
Feats Endurance, RunB
Skills Perception +5
SQ Docile (Ex)

Unless specifically trained for combat (see the Handle Animal skill, a pony's hooves are treated as secondary attacks.

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Bugger all, you guys are right. I have been trying to find Mule as well, but couldn't. However, both donkey and mules are in the 3.5ed Monster Manual and they are very different in size and stats.

You need to decide which you want. A donkey is slightly worse stats than a pony. A mule is very similar in stats to a light horse.

BTW, Sandy can go on your Character Sheet, not needed in the mini-stat block. [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno flounders for the proper words to describe his representation of the Prime for Iago. He moves his arms in an attempt to give visual description but only succeeds in looking awkward as they flap about. Finally he gives up and clacks his beak in frustration.

"I cannot find the words. My small knowledges is insufficient to the tellings. And the idea is hazy within my head also. I have not learned enough of the readings of Issolatha's whispers. Have you a thought?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft.

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none

Lightning Arc: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 6/6 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 3/3
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"No, I..." He struggles a moment, seeming embarrassed. "I have not often had the chance to discuss these things." The thought seems to sober him, but he rallies.

"Perhaps we can narrow it down. Is the Prime contained within the objective reality with which we interact? Of is it part of an individual's subjective image of that reality, constructed by the observer?"

OOC: Perhaps we should segue onward? I think Iago and Agno are going to end up founding a school of philosophy.

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +0;
Current Weapon in Hand: n/a

Extracts prepared:
Level 1: Shield, Cure Light Wounds

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
Falchion: Attack: +2 = [BAB (00) + Strength (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 2d4+3, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb*: Attack: +03 = [BAB (00) + Dexterity (02) + Misc (+1) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d6+3, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied),
Special: Make 6 bombs/day

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno thinks a very long time before responding to Iago's question.

"Hurrr...Does the crow that flies into the woods, masked from intelligent perception by low-hanging branches, still exist? I say 'Yes' but I am still a fledgling in the tellings of, of... Objective reality, yes? Boots' sage believed he did not exist before Sylla brought him into being. Subjective Reality, yes? Which tellings do you believe?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)

Spells Prepared:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: Decision made, Sandy is a Donkey.
You file out of the city, discussing philosophy and whatnot. Your journey is mostly uneventful as you learn more about each other and develop a routine for camping out and walking along.

You make good time the first two days, but an overnight rain shower caused you all to lose sleep while you all crowded into Denizel's tent. The next day left you fatigued earlier in the day and you lost time.

However, you are still making progress enough to potentially make Barrow's Edge by the end of the fifth day.

About an hour after lunch on the fifth day, you are traveling a dirt road with signs of regular use. There are few weeds, and fresh groves show the frequent passage of wagons. The road has been winding through some moderately forested hills.

Somewhere up ahead, you hear the sound of battle around the bend and over the next rise.

[sblock=Updated Map]North is to the top, and 1 square = 5 feet. Forested squares are difficult terrain and cost double movement.
SHHEnc1Map00B.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: Now what?

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago looks dubiously ahead, uncertain how to proceed. "Shall we send Boots ahead to see what is going on?" he asks.

His hand slips into a vest pocket and produces a glass vial.

OOC: Iago now has a picture on the wiki.

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +2 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +0;
Current Weapon in Hand: Bomb

Extracts prepared:
Level 1: Shield, Cure Light Wounds

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
Falchion: Attack: +2 = [BAB (00) + Strength (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 2d4+3, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb*: Attack: +03 = [BAB (00) + Dexterity (02) + Misc (+1) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d6+3, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied),
Special: Make 6 bombs/day

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Something happening up here, boss, Boots reports. Some kind of fight.

We hear it. Range out. See what's happening. Be careful.

"Already done," Sylla says, swapping her spear for her bow, and nocking an arrow.

[sblock=ooc]Boots: Double move, stealth. Move to S36, give or take.
Sylla: Stow spear, draw bow. BAB 0, (curse you, summoner class, for not having full progression!) so can't move this round.

I'm going to be gone from tonight through mid-Sunday. If things are moving, and Boots needs additional range, she will cast Unfetter. Otherwise, she'll engage as necessary, bow preferred. If there's a clear good guy and bad guy, and he has range, Boots will jump into battle with a pounce.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Sylla the Grim
AC: 17 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +2 CMD: 16
Fort: +0 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 2

Boots
AC: 14 (12 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Perception: +4 (Scent)

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Hurrr...What is happening?"

Agno stops briefly to cast guidance upon himself and to draw his shortbow just in case it is needed.

[sblock=Actions]standard: cast guidance
move: draw shortbow[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus

Spells Prepared:

Remove ads