• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Scourge of the Howling Horde

GlassEye

Adventurer
Finally able to get a better look at what is going on Agno takes in the scene. Feathers ruffle in thought as he tries to place the small humanoids.

"Hurrr! Small humanoids like vermin... goblins!"

[sblock=Actions]knowledge check[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 8 Current: 8
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft.

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Current Conditions in Effect: guidance

Lightning Arc: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 6/6 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 3/3
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel moves up to get a better view and sees the already fallen elves. He takes a shot at the creature Sylla had targeted but doesn't fair any better.

[sblock=Actions]Move to W39.
Miss With Crossbow
[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel's Stats]Denizel
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
CMB: -1 CMD: 11 Fort: +0 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow
Current Conditions in Effect:

Spells Remaining: 1st level 2/2
Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 15), Disguise Self
0: Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC][MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION] Given how much real estate all of Boots' rolls take up, would you prefer that (a) I used Invisible Castle (b) I used a separate OOC thread for dice rolls or (c) I only rolled damage when necessary?[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Not only does it take a lot of room, but once I'm replying I can't see those rolls just by scrolling down, if I have to reference the thread in a new tab. That's why I find IC preferable.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]As a player and a DM, I prefer Invisible Castle for the same reasons as ScorpiusRisk. I also dislike that people have to continually edit when using the EnW roller so my email notification is incomplete too.

When using Invis Castle, I prefer people create an account and be consistent in the character name used (first name only vs. full name) for that character. I also like people to fill in the comment block to identify the roll properly. Sadly, I have caught people cheating in the past.[/sblock]After your weak volley, the goblins maneuver around and throw javelins at you in an effective counter-attack.

Two goblins hit boots for light wounds [3 & 3 dmg]. A third goblin takes cover behind the wagon and missed Agno.

The last goblin warrior moves around the horses and makes a lucky throw and hits Sylla for a moderate wound [4 dmg].

OOC: Combat: Round 3
[sblock=Combat Information]Rolled really well this round.

Initiative:
The elves - dying
You guys
The goblins

Updated Map:
SHHEnc1Map03.jpg

1) Movement in forest squares costs double
2) Wagon and horses provide cover.
3) Diagonal movement around wagon not allowed, but around horses okay

Code:
Agno:      08/08 HP remaining
Denizel:   08/08 HP remaining
Iago:      10/10 HP remaining
Sylla:     05/09 HP remaining; 4 dmg
Boots:     05/11 HP remaining; 6 dmg

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
Enemy Status:
Code:
Elf1: Unconscious & dying
Elf2: Unconscious & dying
G1: 9 dmg; Unconscious & dying
G2:
G3:
G4:
G5:
[/sblock]
GM: Everyone is up.

If you need a GM update after 1-2 people post, just ask.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Taking a deep breath, Denizel tries to act like he knows what he's doing. He quickly reloads, but doesn't have a clear target. He decides words might be worth a try on goblins after all.

"Now see here goblins! This is unacceptable. In addition, if you do not desist we will have eliminate you."

[sblock=Actions]Reload Light Crossbow.
Intimidate 8
[/sblock]

[sblock=Denizel's Stats]Denizel
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
CMB: -1 CMD: 11 Fort: +0 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow
Current Conditions in Effect:

Spells Remaining: 1st level 2/2
Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 15), Disguise Self
0: Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla curses as the javelin hits her, then curses again as she misses with her return fire. Seeing her injured eidolon moving out of sight behind the wagon, she warns him, Don't get cocky.

Who, me? Boots replies, spitting out the limp body of a second goblin.

[sblock=ooc]Assuming 18 is a hit on a goblin.

Okay, working on this IC thing. I managed to screw up a couple rolls, however. Bear with me. Pounce+Power Attack on Goblin 2, Shoot at Goblin 5 (1d20+4=8, 1d4+4=7, 1d20+4=17, 1d4+4=5, 1d20+4=18, 1d4+6=8, 1d20+4=10, 1d4+4=5, 1d8=5) Due to copypasta, there's an extra 1d4+4 Sylla's roll which ignored and I rolled 1d4+6 for Boots' damage instead of 1d6+4. Reroll is Bite damage reroll (1d6+4=10)

Do you need me to split it out more than that?

Boots: Full-round charge on Goblin 2

Sylla:
If horse is providing cover-
Move: 1-2 squares east until horse is not providing cover
Standard: longbow attack on G5

If horse is NOT providing cover
Standard: longbow attack on G5
Move to AC40 [/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Sylla the Grim
AC: 17 (13 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 5/9
CMB: +2 CMD: 16
Fort: +0 Reflex: +4 Will: +2
Perception: +2
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 2

Boots
AC: 14 (12 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 5/11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Perception: +4 (Scent)
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: -2 AC (charge)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I would break up each roll into Attack and Damage. That's the way I do it. Makes it easier to read and each attack is labeled. You don't need to label the roll with the Power Attack and Pounce, that can be listed in your actions and the modifier to the dice roll will show it.[/sblock]The nearest Goblin that can actually see Denizel, gives him a rude and obscene gesture in reply.

Boots takes out another goblin with a claw and a bite. Sylla's arrow missed badly and, luckily, missed the horse as well.

[sblock=Updated Map]
SHHEnc1Map03A.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: G2: 15 dmg; Unconscious & Dying

Iago and Agno are left for this round.

mfloyd3

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
PM, I need clarification: Are the horses still tied to the wagon alive or dead/dying? In an earlier post, you specified, "A merchant's wagon lies on its side, it's horses dead or scattered. Several elves and some small humanoids lay dead, while a few of each continue to battle. " But your response on Sylla's arrow specified she had fortunately avoided hitting a horse with her arrow. Iago wants to firebomb Gob 5, but not if it means spooking or fricasseing a live horse.

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse.

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Seeing the elves breathing their last he is filled with a sense that he should do something to save them. Lifting his eyes to the sky he calls out to his goddess...

"Issolatha! Revealer! Give me the power to shield these unfortunates under your wing!"

Energy gathers around the standing form of the tengu and the red chevron of feathers on each arm flares as it bursts outward from him. Having done what he can for the elves at the moment he retreats a short distance.

[sblock=Actions]standard action: channel energy for 4 pts.; this should catch both elves
move: to AB40[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +5 (+7 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft.

Current Weapon in Hand: shortbow
Current Conditions in Effect: guidance

Lightning Arc: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 3/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 6/6 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 3/3
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads