[LPF] The Ringling Affair

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 2:56pm: At a quay in the Gulls ~

Marley shrugs off the spell from Emily. The eagle keeps harrying the downed thug and scratches him with a talon, leaving him badly wounded.

DrammMarley_zpsfbfb7ed3.png

Dramm Marley shifts over to swing his sword at the eagle, the blade severing its wing and it disappears. "There. Now, get up!"

Warrior2_zps3641de05.png
Fernig_zps128ad405.png
Gaudral_zpsfae920b6.png

Marley's henchmen scrambles out of the grease gets to his feet. He sheathes his sword, leaving his bow in hand.

The warrior prone fights from his back,
"Hey boss, a little help here!" He proves to be ineffective with his sword.

The nearly fatally wounded thug keeps moving away from the fray and will soon be lost from sight..

Merchant.jpg

Ringling Barton stays back and out of the way.

OOC: Combat: Round 4
[sblock=Combat Information]Eagle hit with talon for 2 dmg, missed with bite and other talon
Dramm saved vs. Daze
Marley 5ft steps, 10 damage to eagle
Warrior 1 withdraws
Warrior 2 misses Qalabash
Warrior 3 makes save, stands, 5ft steps, & sheathes sword
Barton does nothing

Initiative:
Marley & his boys
You guys & Barton

Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
Emily:      08/09 HP remaining;
 ->Mother:  11/11 HP remaining;
Uff:        09/13 HP remaining; 
Barton:     ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: Shield (Qalabash, 7/10)
Abilities Used: Arcane Pool x1 (Qalabash), Summon Monster 1 (Emily)
Conditions in effect: Shield (+4AC/Qalabash)
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Dram Marley (AC17/Touch 13/CMD17/16HP): 10HP remaining
Warrior 1   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): 0HP remain, disabled & staggered
Warrior 2   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): Prone
Warrior 3   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): 1HP remaining

[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You guys are up Round 4
[sblock=Uff's Critical]Critical hits are on a 19-20 on the dice roll for daggers. Uff's attack roll was a 17. No critical threat occured. ;) [/sblock][sblock=Summoned Creatures]I don't mind the player controlling & rolling their summoned creatures. I prefer that they do actually. But, they have to do it properly while keeping in mind the creature's Intelligence of 2. Eagles can Full Attack while flying. Standing means they cannot use talon attacks, so that would be not to the best of their ability, yeah? Sorry, I just don't see any bird opting to fight on the ground to take advantage of 5ft steps when they can fly.

If it had survived, the eagle would move and attack the nearest bad guy or the nearest one threatening the caster or itself. Either makes sense and I would let the player decide.[/sblock][sblock=Ditzie]I think anyone can access my token/icon folder in my Ditzie gallery. But it may require an account, so I cannot be sure. I know I can access the galleries on Mowgli's maps to add/change images.

Usually I pull an extra image down from the top before changing it. Double clicking any image brings up the image list and you can click the light blue up arrow on the left to go up one level in my image gallery. Then the token states folder is accessed by clicking the chicken icon (the first image in that folder). Inside are over 20 different icon images and then some. So all you do is select one and it changes.

You can also rename any image too. Just click the little icon to the right of the block to save the rename before clicking elsewhere to close the menu window. Some icons can do double duty.[/sblock]

RunGord

First Post

Seeing Qalabash successfully trip up the hooligan, Uff seizes the opportunity to clear the battlefield. He takes a step closer to the fallen warrior. "Let's see if yer redwood floats!" He says, placing his foot on the warrior's side and giving a mighty shove. Uff slides the warrior back on the damp wharf until he splashes into the water below.
Uff turns back to Marley. With a nod of his head to indicate his scattered henchmen, he barks: "You still wanna do this the hard way?" And with another flick of his wrist a second dagger appears in his off hand.

Updated MAP
[SBLOCK=ACTION]
Free action: talking and Five foot step South.
Standard action:Bull rush (provokes, but only from Warrior-2): Bullrush attempt vs prone Warrior-2 (1d20+5=14) (+ 1 Bless) Successful, but less than a 10 so I have to take Mystie's reroll: 2nd roll bullrsh vs prone Warrior-2 (inc. bless) (1d20+6=23) Success!
Warrior-2's CMD while prone is 10, so he's supposed to be pushed back 15 feet, but GM might rule he doesn't go that far in water. ;)
Swift Action: Draw dagger from spring-loaded wrist sheath.
*Sorry about the crit. earlier I was so excited to get a number over 20 I forgot to check the natural roll.
[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=STATS]Uff
Fighter 1
Initiative:+2 Perception:+6 Sense Motive:+0 Diplomacy/Bluff: +0 Intimidate: +0

AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-footed)
HP: 13 Current HP: 9
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +0

In Hand: First hand: Dagger. Second hand: Dagger. Spring-loaded wrist sheathes empty.
Ammo: 20
Conditions: n/a
Special:
Two-weapon fighting (reduced penalties for two attacks), Combat reflexes (2 extra AO per round), Improved Unarmed Strike (doesn't provoke AO and can be lethal or non by choice)

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Uff_(RunGord)[/SBLOCK]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash is about to take his advantage and bash the ruffian sprawled on the wharf when Uff sends him tumbling into the water. He blinks like an owl at midday then flashes big, square teeth in a grin.

"Looks like there is swimming to be done today after all. I hope your henchman can swim, Marley. And where did that other run off to?"

Pretending to gaze into the distance Qalabash steps up to Dramm Marley and tangles his quarterstaff up in Marley's footing causing the man to tumble to the ground.

"Your advantage seems to have fled, sirrah. Perhaps it is not too late to honor your original agreement with Master Ringling. With a slight discount for our inconvenience. We are not thieves, you know."

Updated Map

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Free: 5 ft step, talking
Standard: Trip +AP+bless vs. Marley (1d20+5+1+1=17)
Swift: --
Move: --
[/sblock]

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 18 (Shield)
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions: +1 to staff (8/10 rounds); Shield (8/10 rounds)
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 3/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Emily Halten

"Okay, the fight's over, and we won. Stay down!"[sblock=Actions]Readied action: if Dramm tries to stand, summon monster i into a flanking square and savage him.[/sblock][sblock=Emily's Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1, 

AC: 15 (12 touch, 13 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Empty/Empty

1st-level Spells: 2/3
Summon Monster I: 7/8
        Daylight: 1/1

Emily's HP: 8/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Mystie shifts around Barton so she has a direct line to Uff. Channeling again, his wounds close up completely. "See, not a scratch on my boys. They can beat on you all day long if needed."
[section] Updated Map
[sblock=actions]Move: 15'
Std: Channel positive energy (1d6=5)

The first Ally that rolls less than a 10 on the d20 for an attack gets the Misfortune reroll of the round. I can do each person once a day and one person a round.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 3 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 1 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 7 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
..................................Misfortune used on Mystie and Uff so far today
Effects: Bless 9 rounds
In hand: dagger
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 2:56pm: At a quay in the Gulls ~

The thug misses stabbing Uff before being knocked into the water.

DrammMarley_zpsfbfb7ed3.png

Dramm Marley remains on the ground and swings his sword low at Uff's ankles. He catches the brawler and nearly removes the foot. "This ain't over yet! Get your arse out of the water!"

Warrior2_zps3641de05.png
Gaudral_zpsfae920b6.png

"I'm trying!"

Marley's henchmen starts swimming to the side of the quay, intending to climb back up. The badly wounded one with the bow shifts to his right and fires an arrow at the girl summoning eagles. She looks to be an easy target and his arrow sinks into her shoulder. "Ha! take that!"

The nearly fatally wounded thug disappears around a stack of crates.

Merchant.jpg

Ringling Barton stays back and out of the way.

OOC: Combat: Round 5
[sblock=Combat Information]Warrior 2 missed AoO
Marley hits Uff for 11 dmg, remains prone
Warrior 1 withdraws & gone
Warrior 2 swims
Warrior 3 5ft steps, & shots Emily for 5 dmg
Emily needs concentration check to continue holding her Summon Monster SLA
Barton does nothing

Initiative:
Marley & his boys
You guys & Barton

Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
Emily:      04/09 HP remaining; 5 dmg
 ->Mother:  11/11 HP remaining;
Uff:        02/13 HP remaining; 11 dmg
Barton:     ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: Shield (Qalabash, 6/10)
Abilities Used: Arcane Pool x1 (Qalabash), Summon Monster 1 x 2 (Emily)
Conditions in effect: Shield (+4AC/Qalabash)
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Dram Marley (AC17/Touch 13/CMD17/16HP): 10HP remaining; prone
Warrior 1   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): 0HP remain, disabled & staggered
Warrior 2   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): Swimming (cover)
Warrior 3   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): 1HP remaining

[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You guys are up Round 5
[sblock=Uff's Bull Rush]I looked and cannot find where it mentions Prone suffers -4 versus maneuvers. Probably doesn't since it is not a melee attack. But I would think prone gets +4 to CMD vs. Bull Rush since it is hard to push someone lying on the ground. In any case, 5ft is enough to push Warrior 2 into the water.[/sblock][sblock=Readied Summoned Monster]Emily is holding the release of the SLA at this time. Whether she casts it or not, the use will be expended. To keep the SLA readied, she needs to make a Concentration Check against DC 16.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash focuses on bashing Marley with his staff. The time for talk is over and that realization settles on the magus like a grim and disapproving mask. Holding his quarterstaff in both hands he smashes it down into Marley's ribs.

Updated Map

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Free: --
Standard: Attack +AP+bless vs. Marley (1d20+3+1+1=23) for Dmg +AP (1d6+4+1=6)
Swift: --
Move: --
[/sblock]

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 18 (Shield)
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions: +1 to staff (6/10 rounds); Shield (6/10 rounds)
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 3/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

RunGord

First Post

Uff looks surprised to see his ankle mangled at the hands of the downed enemy. Shaking his head he snarls, "Have it yer way," and, daggers glinting in the sun, leans into his double swing at the still grounded Marley. His first swing connects and the dagger digs deep, but his other hand comes round a fraction too late and glances off Marley's armour, which probably keeps him alive. Not wanting to get too far from the healer, Uff stays where he is.

[SBLOCK=ACTION]*Bull Rush topic addressed with GM via PM.
Free: Talk
Full round: Full attack vs Marley (inc bless) (1d20+5+1=24, 1d20+5+1=14) (forgot to apply penalty for full attack, so totals are 24/12. one hit one miss)
Damage: 8 total (second roll not counting) Damage for Marley (1d4+4=8, 1d4+4=7)
[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=STATS]Uff
Fighter 1
Initiative:+2 Perception:+6 Sense Motive:+0 Diplomacy/Bluff: +0 Intimidate: +0
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-footed)
HP: 13 Current HP: 2
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +0
In Hand: First Hand Dagger. Second hand dagger. Spring-loaded wrist sheathes empty.
Ammo: 20
Conditions: n/a
Special:
Two-weapon fighting (reduced penalties for two attacks), Combat reflexes (2 extra AO per round), Improved Unarmed Strike (doesn't provoke AO and can be lethal or non by choice)
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Uff_(RunGord)[/SBLOCK]

Satin Knights

First Post
Mystie is getting tired of these petulant fools who don't know when they have been beaten. But, she holds her ground protecting Barton and sends another wave of healing energy emanating from her birthmark, because that is what she was born to do.
[section] Same Map
[sblock=actions]Stand in same place
Std: channel positive energy (1d6=1)

The first Ally that rolls less than a 10 on the d20 for an attack gets the Misfortune reroll of the round. I can do each person once a day and one person a round.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 2 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 1 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 7 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
..................................Misfortune used on Mystie and Uff so far today
Effects: Bless 8 rounds
In hand: dagger
[/sblock]
[/section]

Emily Halten

It hurts, but Emily keeps it together, scurrying behind Qalbash before the man can get another shot. Dramm's down and dying, so she focuses her energy on the man the bow. She doesn't bother with words or gestures this time, just pure angry will: kill him!

And the eagle obliges.

Updated Map[sblock=Actions]Emily makes her concentration check and hangs on to her cast of summon monster i.
But she gives up her readied action anyway, preferring to drop an eagle on Warrior 3. Talon/talon/beak crits twice, what the hell, with one confirmed no less, for a total of:
Talon: 23 vs AC, CRIT, 4 damage
Talon: 23 vs AC, crit not confirmed, 2 damage
Beak: 9 vs AC, miss

InvisibleCastle likes eagles, is the lesson here.[/sblock][sblock=Emily's Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1, 

AC: 15 (12 touch, 13 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Empty/Empty

1st-level Spells: 2/3
Summon Monster I: 5/8
        Daylight: 1/1

Emily's HP: 4/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock]

Remove ads