[LPF] The Ringling Affair

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 2:56pm: At a quay in the Gulls ~

DrammMarley_zpsfbfb7ed3.png
Gaudral_zpsfae920b6.png

The two foes on the quay are down and dying.

Warrior2_zps3641de05.png

The last of Marley's men in the water swims under the pier and looks to be trying to just get away.

Merchant.jpg

Ringling Barton looks pleased, "Nicely done, ladies and gentlemen. Nicely done."

OOC: Combat: Round 6
[sblock=Combat Information]Warrior 2 missed AoO
Marley & Warrior 3 dying, take 1 dmg
Warrior 1 withdraws & gone
Warrior 2 swims
Barton does nothing

Initiative:
Marley & his boys
You guys & Barton

Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
Emily:      05/09 HP remaining;
 ->Mother:  11/11 HP remaining;
Uff:        03/13 HP remaining;
Barton:     ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: Shield (Qalabash, 5/10)
Abilities Used: Arcane Pool x1 (Qalabash), Summon Monster 1 x 3 (Emily), Channel Energy x 3(Mystie)
Conditions in effect: Shield (+4AC/Qalabash)
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Dram Marley (AC0/16HP): -5HP; dying
Warrior 1   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): 0HP remain, disabled & staggered
Warrior 2   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): Swimming (cover)
Warrior 3   (AC0/07HP): -7HP; dying

[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You guys are up Round 6

You can end combat if you want.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash looks around the wharf, his first true battlefield since he began his quest to build his reputation as an adventurer, and finds he has no desire to chase down the fleeing ruffians.

"Not as glorious as I imagined it, Master Ringling. Rather sordid, actually, but that is likely the reality of my new life, I am sure." Frowning he kneels down to check Dramm Marley. "This one will die without some sort of healing. Not that he has much sympathy from me, the brigand, but it seems rather callous to leave a man to die on the docks."

He looks down the wharf to where the last conscious ruffian is attempting to go unnoticed or flee.

"Your leader will surely reward you for saving his life. I for one will not harm you if you seek to retrieve the injured."

Qalabash turns to Barton Ringling, "What now, Master Ringling?"

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
talking
[/sblock]

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 18 (Shield)
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions: +1 to staff (5/10 rounds); Shield (5/10 rounds)
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 3/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Mystie steps forward and points her finger at their leader. "Twizzleflitz!" and the wounds on Dram stop spurting blood. The seem to close just a bit, not like the ones Uff had heal up, before he found some more. "That one should live. I will get to the other in a second. Maybe tying them up would be a good humiliation for them. That, and grabbing the crate for us."
[section] Updated Map
[sblock=actions]Move: move 15'
Std: cast stabilize on their leader Dram, Warrior 3 will get his next round.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 2 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 1 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 7 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
..................................Misfortune used on Mystie and Uff so far today
Effects: Bless 6? rounds
In hand: dagger
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Warrior2_zps3641de05.png

The henchman keeps swims and calls back wryly, "Thanks, good to know. I am gonna look for a new job." He is already in the think of the dirty scum on the water, but he would rather not fight any longer. He ducks under the surface and keeps swimming along the quay.

Merchant.jpg

Barton Ringling replies nonchalantly, "Well, in any case you have earned the money I would have paid these ruffians. Their bad faith in business forfeits the remainder of their fee, yes?"

"Let us get my crate and depart. These men will think twice before messing with you again, I should think."

OOC: Combat Over: 805XP Awarded (201 Each)
[sblock=Combat Information]Marley stable
Warrior 3 dying, take 1 dmg

Code:

Spells Cast: Shield (Qalabash, 4/10)
Abilities Used: Arcane Pool x1 (Qalabash), Summon Monster 1 x 2 (Emily), Channel Energy x 3(Mystie)
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Dram Marley (AC0/16HP): -5HP; stable & unconscious
Warrior 1   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): 0HP remain, disabled & staggered
Warrior 2   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): Swimming (cover)
Warrior 3   (AC0/07HP): -8HP; dying

[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: Combat over

I changed my ruling on having Emily's readied summon monster being used up when the action was not triggered. She has only used 2 of the SLA.

Emily Halten

Emily gestures to her eagle before it has a chance to finish off the dying man, and it obligingly collapses back into the ether. "Mystie, could you get him too?" Emily points toward Warrior 3, still bleeding out on the dockside. "I think he's going to die too, but there's something I should do before we go any further." She kneels, steadies her breathing, and then remembers: "Don't worry, it'll only take a minute."[sblock=Actions]Summoning Mother, 9 rounds left[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Is the forum really slow for anyone else?[/sblock][sblock=Emily's Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1, 

AC: 15 (12 touch, 13 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Empty/Empty

1st-level Spells: 2/3
Summon Monster I: 6/8
        Daylight: 1/1

Emily's HP: 4/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Mystie steps forward further and points her finger at the other one laying face down in his own blood. "Twizzleflitz!" and the wounds on him stop spurting blood as well. "That should be enough to keep that one alive."
[section] Updated Map
[sblock=actions]Move: move 10'
Std: cast stabilize on Warrior 3.
[/sblock]

Dagger -2, d4-3

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If friend rolls 1 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 7 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................Misfortune used on Mystie and Uff so far today
Effects: Bless 5? rounds
In hand: dagger
[/sblock]
[/section]

RunGord

First Post
AFK

[sblock=OOC]I'm off to work now and will be away the next few days. Uff continues to travel with the party, and I'll catch up when I get back. Sorry for the delay. Happy Thanksgiving! (if applicable)[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash watches as Mystie makes sure the other ruffian doesn't die. His eyes flick over to the man who has chosen to flee and abandon his compatriots then back to his own group.

"Well, I am not conversant in matters of law in these lands. As long as the responsibility is yours, Master Ringling, then I will gladly collect the crate for you and we can deliver it to your domicile."

The magus attaches his quarterstaff to his pack and moves to grab one side of the crate. He motions to Uff to join him in the task.

"Good work saving their miserable lives, Miss Thissiledew. Not that they deserve your tender mercies but neither do they deserve to die for their foolishness." He sighs. "Alas, all too often that is the way of the world. I hope, when my time comes, that someone like you shows mercy to my foolishness. Now! Off we go, yes? Sooner started, sooner done!"

Qalabash stays in position only just now realizing that Emily has begun some arcane task that will take a moment to complete. He watches curiously.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
talking

Happy Thanksgiving, RunGord!
[/sblock]

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 18 (Shield)
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions: +1 to staff (5/10 rounds); Shield (5/10 rounds)
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 3/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Merchant.jpg

Barton Ringling moves closer to the crate and inspects it, "Looks to be okay"

"Mister Qalabash, I am not being responsible for these men at all. Should the White Cloaks show up and start asking questions, there will be some doubt as to who caused this altercation. Our wee lass here pointed her crossbow at them and they attacked."

"Not that they are innocent, mind you. I don't expect they will run to the authorities either. Since no one died, I think they will jsut as gladly call it even."

"I would rather not have my crate impounded while the gendarmes decides to call in a true finder to question everyone."

[sblock=Combat Information]Marley stable
Warrior 3 stable

Code:

Spells Cast: Shield (Qalabash, 3/10)
Abilities Used: Arcane Pool x1 (Qalabash), Summon Monster 1 x 2 (Emily), Channel Energy x 3(Mystie)
[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You can take more than one round of actions now if you want. ;)

Satin Knights

First Post
Mystie moves around their leader and starts looting his body. First removing the weapons, then his coin purse and backpack. She then unbuckles his belt and pulls his pants down to his ankles. Wrapping, twisting and tying the pants around the ankles, she then wraps the belt around the pants as well and cinches it off. Then, after fumbling around in her own backpack for a moment, she pulls out some bandages and applies them to Dram's wounds.

When Barton gives her a dirty look, "They shall know they only lived by my mercy."

When done with Dram, she repeats the process on the other one. After all that, pulling out a vial of ink and a pen, "Umm, nah. Putting a rabbit mark on their foreheads is too much. How about 'greedy thief'?"
[section] Updated Map
[sblock=actions]Loot bodies, pants them, and then bandage their wounds.
(removed summoned dead eagle from map)
[/sblock]

Dagger -2, d4-3

Effects:
In hand: bandages
[/sblock]
[/section]

Remove ads