[LPF] The Ringling Affair

Mother

"No, not the rabbit mark."

Emily stands up, and up. Her body is almost six feet tall, now, with ash-blonde hair and remote, terrible eyes. A rune shines on her forehead, and if you look closely you can see the original girl, a shadow cast inside herself.

"Where a rabbit would have run, or frozen with fear, they attacked. 'Greedy thief' suits them perfectly."

Emily...or whoever...glances around, and her eye settles on Qalabash. "I'm sorry we couldn't meet until now. Now that I've seen you work, I can tell you sincerely: it's a pleasure to meet you, Qalabash Baram. I'm Emily's Mother, and you're quite right. We should get out of here."[sblock=ooc]Go here to get a sense of what Mother looks like. I tried to embed it. It did not work.

Also: I just noticed that I am roleplaying a magical girl. The shame may never leave me.[/sblock][sblock=Emily's Stat Block]
Code:
AC: 15 (11 touch, 14 flat-footed)
Damage Reduction: 1/evil
Fort: +1  Reflex: +1  Will: +1
 CMB: +4     CMD: +5

Hands (L/R): Empty/Empty

Concentration: +6
1st-level Spells: 2/3
Summon Monster I: 6/8 (unusable)
        Daylight: 1/1

Emily's HP: 4/9
Mother's HP: 11/11
[/sblock]

RunGord

First Post

"I'll give ye a mark to put on 'im," Uff grumbles. He pulls out a decorated ceramic vial fitted with a tight stopper. He pulls the stopper out with his teeth and spits it in the general direction of Dramm's head. "Mercy's wasted on 'im, pants and all" he says as he slams back the vial's contents, which causes him to shiver slightly as a few of his injuries look less serious than they did a moment before.

"Jus' a sec" he says to Qalabash, it looks like he wants to finish dealing with his injuries and reloading his knives into their sheathes before taking his share of crate's weight.

At Emily's transformation, Uff's jaw drops. "Ahhhhhhhh" is all he manages, as he turns his head to the side like he's trying to look away but his eyes can't stop being caught up in the sight of the angelic apparition. "Ummm, Em'?"

[SBLOCK=ACTION]
Quaffs his Potion of Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1=4)

Reloads his sheathes.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=STATS]Uff
Fighter 1
Initiative:+2 Perception:+6 Sense Motive:+0 Diplomacy/Bluff: +0 Intimidate: +0

AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-footed)
HP: 13 Current HP: 7
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +0

In Hand: Both hands empty. Spring-loaded wrist sheathes hold 1 dagger each.
Ammo: 20
Conditions: n/a
Special:
Two-weapon fighting (reduced penalties for two attacks), Combat reflexes (2 extra AO per round), Improved Unarmed Strike (doesn't provoke AO and can be lethal or non by choice)

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Uff_(RunGord)[/SBLOCK]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash is, briefly, stunned into silence at Emily's transformation into her 'Mother'. He gapes, blinking rapidly all the while as if he can clear the vision from his eyes. Finally, he snaps his mouth shut and curls his lips into a smile again exposing his yellowed, horse-like teeth. They are, however, less disturbing than the sharp teeth designed for tearing flesh that he noticed within Mother's mouth. He makes an exaggerated bow complete with flourish of the arm.

"Ah, Mother. Unexpected, but the pleasure is all mine. You are as beautiful as I expected and even more ferocious."

He blinks uncertainly hoping he hasn't offended her terribly.

"I presume you are familiar with the situation at hand? I shall recap, for your benefit, in case not. Master Ringling hired us to retrieve this crate from a local businessman. Except they turned out to be more brigand than business, though I suppose one could say that brigandry was their business. Nevertheless, upon arrival they proceeded to gouge our employer for more money. When we made it clear that we would not stand for such ill-mannered behavior they chose to attack. And it was much to their detriment, I must say. We are quite the team."

Qalabash beams at his companions clearly pleased with the little band.

"And Emily was quite ferocious during that battle. Now I see where she gets it from."

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
--
[/sblock]

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 18 (Shield)
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions: +1 to staff (5/10 rounds); Shield (5/10 rounds)
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 3/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Sorry Uff, I was dealing with those on their backs first. I will tend to your wounds a bit in a second." After finishing with the unconscious men, "Ah, Em's Mother, come on over here too. Emily was a bit scratched up as well." She leads the two well away from the unconscious men and then channels the healing light of Annaya. "I only got one of those left today, and we still got to get the crate across town." Looking at his remaining wound, "This should do. Kerpotzl!" and the wound completely heals.

"Okay. Pick up things and lets go." Mystie spends a bit of time chasing various things, including her crossbow across the cobblestones and retrieving them. Many things want to jump just as she reaches for them.

[section] Updated Map
[sblock=actions]Channel Positive Healing Energy (1d6=3)
and
Cast Cure Light Wounds on Uff (1d8+1=9)
Uff healed to full, Emily got 3 back.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 1 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 7 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
..................................Misfortune used on Mystie and Uff so far today
Effects:
In hand: bandages
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 2:57pm: At a quay in the Gulls ~

The small woman gathers a coin purse that appears to have about 100 gold coins in it from Marley. He also has a potion vial in another pouch. His longsword is off excellent craftsmanship, but the three bolas he carries and his longbow are pretty regular quality.

His henchman's weapons (shortsword and longbow) are no better. The man also has a dagger on his belt and 5 gold coins in his pocket. There are 40 arrows amongst the two quivers.

Merchant.jpg

Barton Ringling returns to Qalabash's side and comments, "Ahh, so that is what she meant by mother... Interesting."

"Can we go now?"

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
Emily:      08/09 HP remaining;
 ->Mother:  11/11 HP remaining;
Uff:        13/13 HP remaining;
Barton:     ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: Shield (Qalabash), CLW (Mystie)
Abilities Used: Arcane Pool x1 (Qalabash), Summon Monster 1 x 2 (Emily), Channel Energy x 4(Mystie)
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: Updated first post with treasure

GlassEye

Adventurer

Qalabash nods at Barton Ringling's request to get moving and resumes his position at the crate. When Uff joins him he lifts and takes a few tentative steps.

"A bit of awkwardness there, wait, watch... ah, yes, there we go. I think I've got it now. Shall we?"

His steps laden down by the crate and having to coordinate with Uff are somewhat slower and he thinks Mystie will have no trouble keeping up even with her lame leg.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
pick up crate, move out
[/sblock]

Conditions: +1 to staff (5/10 rounds); Shield (5/10 rounds)
Spells Prepared:
Special:
Arcane Pool: 3/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

RunGord

First Post
"Thank you, Emily, I feel much better now," Uff gives her a little bow before he bends to grab the other end of the crate. "I'm with you, let's keep this 'ting moving!"

[sblock=Actions]Off we go, Uff follow's their lead[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section] "Yep, time for part two, getting the box to where it belongs." Mystie takes up her position to the side as agreed to before and keeps up with the boys as they carry the crate. She looks around but doesn't see anyone who is overly interested in the group.
[sblock=actions]move
Perception (1d20+0=8) to notice any interested witnesses
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 1 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 7 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
..................................Misfortune used on Mystie and Uff so far today
Effects:
In hand: loot
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:14pm: Crossing the bridge to The Roses ~

Most people know better than to mess with armed people right after they just finished kicking somebody's arse in the Gulls. The people that do notice you leaving the two unconscious thugs are not any different and look away, trying to mind their own business despite the wee folk woman pulling down trousers of the beat up thugs.

With the crate in hand between Uff and Qalabash, the contents shift a bit. But nothing sounds broken and you are on your way.

GuardSergeant_zps96cfb4ac.png
Guard_zps7fa57485.png
Guard2_zpsf45ee135.png

A short while later you leave the Gulls behind and are crossing the stone bridge to enter the Roses District. From the other side, three White Cloaks step out from the street and bar your way to reach the other side. The Sergeant wearing a breastplate and longsword gestures in your direction and nods to his two men who are armed with halberds and wearing scale mail. The Sergeant has a heavy crossbow in hand, and so do his two men. They aim them towards you.

In a parade voice, the Sergeant calls out and gestures for you to approach.
"Alright, set that crate down! Ringling, we are confiscating that contraband. Tell your people keep their hands away from their weapons and where we can see them."

"Get over here and stand to the side." He gestures with the crossbow to his right (your left).

Merchant.jpg

Barton Ringling looks to you guys a little sheepishly and says out of the side of his mouth, "Umm, can you folks handle this? I will stay here and watch the crate."

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
Emily:      08/09 HP remaining;
 ->Mother:  11/11 HP remaining;
Uff:        13/13 HP remaining;
Barton:     ??/?? HP remaining;

Spells Cast: Shield (Qalabash), CLW (Mystie)
Abilities Used: Arcane Pool x1 (Qalabash), Summon Monster 1 x 2 (Emily), Channel Energy x 4(Mystie)
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You can readjust your marching order during this next exchange.

You guys are up to handle the talking.

GlassEye

Adventurer

With the flick of his eyes Qalabash sends Barton Ringling a reproachful look. He lowers the crate to the ground and steps to the side of the bridge indicated by the guardsman. He makes no hostile move as he does so and keeps his hands in full view away from his weapons.

[color=#66f99]"Of course. We will cooperate fully with this city's protectors."[/color]

He speaks quietly to Mother.

"I believe Emily said diplomacy was your specialty...? Keep your eyes open for a ruse. Just in case."

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Aid (Diplomacy) (1d20+0=1)
Standard: set down crate
Move: step to the side
[/sblock]
Updated Map

Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
Special:

Remove ads