[LPF] The Ringling Affair

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 2:56pm: At a quay in the Gulls ~

In standing up, the thug stabbing at Uff misses with his sword and the brawler is not injured further when he pushes himself up of the cobblestones.

DrammMarley_zpsfbfb7ed3.png

Dramm Marley draws another bola and tries again to drop the brawler. This time he misses and curses, "Sheet! Get him, Karl!"

Warrior2_zps3641de05.png
Fernig_zps128ad405.png
Gaudral_zpsfae920b6.png

Marley's henchmen shift around. The badly wounded one pulls back from being sandwiched between the summoned eagle and Uff.

One of the bowman steps up to Uff and draws his shortsword, leaving his bow in the left hand, and stabs the brawler for another light wound. Uff is bleeding on his leg, but it is not ser
ious. He taunts, "Heh, you are not looking to good, mate."

The other archer steps back and tries to shoot down the eagle. His arrow zips by and heads down the street to thunk into the wooden wall of a warehouse.

Merchant.jpg

Ringling Barton stays back and out of the way.

OOC: Combat: Round 2
[sblock=Combat Information]Warrior 1 missed with AoO
Marley misses with bola on Uff
Warrior 1 withdraws
Warrior 2 moves, drawing shortsword & hit Uff for 4 dmg
Warrior 3 5ft step, misses Cel Eagle with Longbow
Barton does nothing

Initiative:
Marley & his boys
You guys & Barton

Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Mystie:     12/13 HP remaining;
Emily:      06/09 HP remaining;
 ->Mother:  11/11 HP remaining;
Uff:        07/13 HP remaining; 4 dmg
Barton:     ??/?? HP remaining;
Cel. Eagle  05/05 HP remaining; (AC14)

Spells Cast: Shield (Qalabash)
Abilities Used: Arcane Pool x1 (Qalabash), Summon Monster 1 (Emily)
Conditions in effect: Shield (+4AC/Qalabash)
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Dram Marley (AC17/Touch 13/CMD17/16HP): 
Warrior 1   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): 0HP remain, disabled & staggered
Warrior 2   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP):
Warrior 3   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP):

[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You guys are up Round 2

When you roll attacks, I want the target identified in the Notes of the roll, please.

RunGord

First Post

Hoping to take better advantage of the dockside setting, Uff reaches out with both hands to grab the ruffian before him. However, despite Uff's opinion of his own speed and strength, the thug manages to slip through Uff's attempt to grab hold.
Uff cross-steps to a spot closer to the freshly appeared eagle. He winces as he puts weight on his injured leg, and blood oozes from his stab wounds. "Mystie," he calls quickly, "I'm gon' need your help here in a sec."

Updated MAP

[SBLOCK=ACTION]
Grapple attempt (provokes) Grapple attempt on Warrior-2 (1d20+5=9) Failed
Five foot step North East
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=STATS]Uff
Fighter 1
Initiative:+2 Perception:+6 Sense Motive:+0 Diplomacy/Bluff: +0 Intimidate: +0

AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-footed)
HP: 13 Current HP: 7
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +0

In Hand: Both hands empty. Spring-loaded wrist sheathes hold 1 dagger each.
Ammo: 20
Conditions: n/a
Special:
Two-weapon fighting (reduced penalties for two attacks), Combat reflexes (2 extra AO per round), Improved Unarmed Strike (doesn't provoke AO and can be lethal or non by choice)

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Uff_(RunGord)[/SBLOCK]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash steps forward to attempt to take some of the pressure off Uff. He lashes out with his quarterstaff bringing it around in a low swing but the ruffian he targets nimbly avoids the attack. The quarterstaff comes dangerously close to smashing Uff's ankles and spinning Qalabash onto his backside. He groans in dismay when he misses but steadies himself to try again in a few moments.

"Spite, you foul creature! Have you abandoned your grasslands to plague me with ill luck? Back with you! I shall overcome your foul meddlings."

The magus quirks his head as a stray thought captures his attention and he begins to sing quietly to himself in an unremarkable and untrained baritone.

"♫ We shall overcome... ♫"

[size=+1]Updated Map[/size]

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Free: 5 ft step, talking
Standard: Trip vs. Warrior 2 (1d20+6=9)
Swift: none
Move: none

Not such good luck with the rolls on our side, eh?
[/sblock]

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 18 (Shield)
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions: +1 to staff (9/10 rounds); Shield (9/10 rounds)
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 3/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Emily Halten

Okay, step one complete: Call For Backup. Now for step two: Mess With Them...

Emily tears off her heavy, useless shield (she was carrying it and got hit anyway!), then dips into her spell component pouch and comes up with a pat of butter. She rubs it between her thumb and forefinger, whispers a few arcane words, and looks eagerly toward Dramm and his henchmen.

Meanwhile, Emily's eagle goes off on its own. It makes an ungainly hop toward the poor sucker who tried to shoot it, then tears into him with its talons.

Updated Map
OOC: What's the right way to draw effects like grease on the battle map?
[sblock=Actions]Move: Unstrap and drop her shield.

Standard: Cast grease targeting the 10x10 square that includes both Dramm and Warrior 3. DC Reflex 17 to remain standing, and then other stuff on their turns.

The Eagle takes a 5' step up next to Warrior 3 and attacks, Talon/Talon/Beak:
Talon: 13 + 3 = 16, hit, 4 damage
Talon: 13 + 3 = 16, hit, 2 damage
Beak: 15 + 3 = 18, hit, 3 damage

I think the eagle stole everybody's luck :eek:

...and I forgot to specify Warrior 3 in the notes field. Sorry.[/sblock][sblock=Emily's Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1, 

AC: 15 (12 touch, 13 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Empty/Empty

1st-level Spells: 2/3
Summon Monster I: 7/8
        Daylight: 1/1

Emily's HP: 6/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock][sblock=Eagle's Stat Block]
Code:
AC: 14 (13 touch, 12 flat-footed)
Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +2
CMB: -1  CMD: 11

HP: 5
Duration: 8 rounds
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Don't worry, you're not looking so bad." Mystie steps back and gauges her distance to the crowd, and then lets forth a burst of barely visible white light. The energy flows over Uff and Qalabash without flowing past them. The wounds on her co-workers start closing up and healing.

"Oh, you want to be lucky, I think I can oblige you."
[section] Updated Map
[sblock=actions]move: 15'
Channel Positive Energy to heal (1d6=2) Healing Uff, Qalabash, Emily and Mystie 2 each.

Starting here forward, the first Ally that rolls less than a 10 on the d20 for an attack gets the Misfortune reroll of the round. I can do each person once a day.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 4 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 1 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 7 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Effects:
In hand: dagger
[/sblock]
[/section]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 2:56pm: At a quay in the Gulls ~

The thug just misses cutting Uff as the brawler tries to grapple him.

One of Marley's men slips and falls in the grease, but Marley himself remains standing.

DrammMarley_zpsfbfb7ed3.png

Dramm Marley draws his sword and steps out of grease and takes a swing at Uff. The blade misses as the brawler dodges out of the way, "Dammit! Hey, Trackle, get up!"

Warrior2_zps3641de05.png
Fernig_zps128ad405.png
Gaudral_zpsfae920b6.png

"Ugg, I can't, boss. Too fookin' slippery!" Marley's henchmen slips trying to get up from his falling down. He draws his shortsword.

The warrior beside Qalabash shifts around and away from Uff, trying to put his blade into the magus's side. Qalabash parries the thrust with his quarterstaff.

The badly wounded thug keeps moving away from the fray.

Merchant.jpg

Ringling Barton stays back and out of the way.

OOC: Combat: Round 3
[sblock=Combat Information]Warrior 1 missed with AoO
Warrior 3 failed save with grease, Marley saved
Marley 5ft steps, draws sword & misses Uff
Warrior 1 withdraws
Warrior 2 5ft steps, misses Qalabash
Warrior 3 fails save again, still prone, draws sword
Barton does nothing

Initiative:
Marley & his boys
You guys & Barton

Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
Emily:      08/09 HP remaining;
 ->Mother:  11/11 HP remaining;
Uff:        09/13 HP remaining; 
Barton:     ??/?? HP remaining;
Cel. Eagle  05/05 HP remaining; (AC14)

Spells Cast: Shield (Qalabash, 8/10)
Abilities Used: Arcane Pool x1 (Qalabash), Summon Monster 1 (Emily)
Conditions in effect: Shield (+4AC/Qalabash)
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Dram Marley (AC17/Touch 13/CMD17/16HP): 
Warrior 1   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): 0HP remain, disabled & staggered
Warrior 2   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP):
Warrior 3   (AC14/Touch 12/CMD14/07HP): 3HP remain, Prone

[/sblock] Updated Map
GM: You guys are up Round 3

Sorry, the summoned eagle is going to stay flying and cannot take 5ft steps. I only counted the 1st Talon, since it needs a Move Action to close back in range. It attacks your opponents to the best of its ability (which is flying), and it is only an animal with Int of 2. If you can communicate with the creature, you can direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions. Far as I know, Emily cannot communicate with eagles. It will get Full Attack vs. War3 (prone) this turn.

RunGord

First Post

Uff sighs a little as Mystie's cooling wave of energy washes over him. "Good," says.
He addresses Dramm. Uff's wrist twitches and a glint of metal flashes as a dagger appears in his hand. "S'rry mate, but the thunder needs a little lightning."
Planting his heels, he takes two quick jabs at the bola chucker. Driving his dagger forward, Uff grunts with satisfaction as the blade strikes true. With a sharp grin Uff twists the blade as he jams it further in, ensuring the severity of the wound. Rocking back, he then lashes out with his empty fist but fails to connect with the now bloodied Dramm.

Same MAP
[SBLOCK=ACTION]
Swift Action to draw dagger from spring-loaded wrist sheath.
Full round attack on Dramm:
Full round attack on Dramm Marley. 1st D dagger, 2nd D unarmed. (1d20+3=20, 1d20+3=13)

First attack is critical threat Crit confirm on Dramm (1d20=20) Forgot to add my bonus, but it's a nat 20, so Confirms!
Crit damage with dagger: Crit dmg on Dramm (1d4+4=6, 1d4+4=5) Total=11
No move.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=STATS]Uff
Fighter 1
Initiative:+2 Perception:+6 Sense Motive:+0 Diplomacy/Bluff: +0 Intimidate: +0

AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-footed)
HP: 13 Current HP: 9
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +0

In Hand: First hand: Dagger. Second hand: Empty (spring-loaded wrist sheaths: one empty, one holds 1 dagger)
Ammo: 20
Conditions: n/a
Special:
Two-weapon fighting (reduced penalties for two attacks), Combat reflexes (2 extra AO per round), Improved Unarmed Strike (doesn't provoke AO and can be lethal or non by choice)

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Uff_(RunGord)[/SBLOCK]

Satin Knights

First Post
"The tides of fate shall swell and we will be victorious!" and with a flourish of her hand the prowess of her comrades in battle increases.
Cast Bless
[section] Same Map
[sblock=actions]Std: Cast Bless. +1 to hit and +1 to saves vs. fear for 10 rounds

The first Ally that rolls less than a 10 on the d20 for an attack gets the Misfortune reroll of the round. I can do each person once a day and one person a round.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 3/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 4 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 1 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 7 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Effects:
In hand: dagger
[/sblock]
[/section]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

"Nice one, Mystie! Thunder and lightning," giggles Qalabash pleased at Uff's use of the names.

Qalabash abruptly cuts off his singing to focus on the battle. He tries the same maneuver again swinging his quarterstaff low to hook the ruffian's feet. This time, however, he manages to sweep the ruffian's feet out from under him and topple him to the ground. He crows in celebration of his success.

"Oh ho! Felled by the redwood! Hmm. Not nearly as evocative as 'Thunder and Lightning' or 'Tides of Fate'. I suppose some things don't lend themselves readily to nicknames. Perhaps I should have stayed within theme? What do you think?"

Qalabash peers down at the ruffian but holds himself ready should he attempt to regain his feet or move away.

Updated Map

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Free: --
Standard: Trip +AP+bless vs. Warrior2 (1d20+5+1+1=23)
Swift: --
Move: --

If Warrior2 stands or otherwise provokes: AoO +AP+bless vs. Warrior2 (1d20+3+1+1=24) for Dmg +AP (1d6+4+1=8)

Couldn't figure out how to duplicate an icon or pull from your gallery to mark prone on Warrior2.
[/sblock]

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 18 (Shield)
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions: +1 to staff (9/10 rounds); Shield (9/10 rounds)
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 3/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Emily Halten

Now, to make sure he doesn't get away... Emily focuses her will on Dramm Marley, and whispers another word.

[sblock=Emily's Eagle]I hadn't meant the eagle to be flying at all, but my flavor text didn't make that clear. My bad.

Just to be sure: you're running the eagle from here on out?[/sblock]Same Map[sblock=Actions]Standard: cast daze on Dramm. DC 15 Will.[/sblock][sblock=Emily's Stat Block]
Code:
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Sense Motive -1, 

AC: 15 (12 touch, 13 flat-footed)
Fort: +1  Reflex: +2  Will: +1
 CMB: -2     CMD: +0

Hands (L/R): Empty/Empty

1st-level Spells: 2/3
Summon Monster I: 7/8
        Daylight: 1/1

Emily's HP: 6/9
Mother's HP: 11/11 (available for summoning)
[/sblock][sblock=Eagle's Stat Block]
Code:
AC: 14 (13 touch, 12 flat-footed)
Fort: +3, Reflex: +4, Will: +2
CMB: -1  CMD: 11

HP: 5
Duration: 7 rounds
[/sblock]

Remove ads