[LPF] Toad in the Hole

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: so shaken, not stirred.

A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I don't suppose I could get a hand here?" Fae'shiel says then explains "I was never the best swimmer in the world. The fact that I ended up this deep in the water is a bit of a problem for me." As she continues to tread the water next to where the Boggards body was last seen.

OOC: Fae'shiel has a +1 bonus on her swim checks, and given how the dice have been rolling I would very much rather have someone assist her out of the water rather than risk having her make the check herself only to drown.

EDIT: Okay guys, thats enough rules lawyering. GM said they were shaken, so lets go with that shall we?

jbear

First Post
"I don't suppose I could get a hand here?" Fae'shiel says then explains "I was never the best swimmer in the world. The fact that I ended up this deep in the water is a bit of a problem for me." As she continues to tread the water next to where the Boggards body was last seen.

OOC: Fae'shiel has a +1 bonus on her swim checks, and given how the dice have been rolling I would very much rather have someone assist her out of the water rather than risk having her make the check herself only to drown.

EDIT: Okay guys, thats enough rules lawyering. GM said they were shaken, so lets go with that shall we?
jbear said:
Maui puts away his shield as well and reaches out a hand towards Fae'shiel to pull her from the high water.

[sblock=OOC] I did. And no one is rules lawyering. If we were staggered that would affect the situation massively. [/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: oops sorry, wasn't really paying attention to the entirety of your post. Please consider Fae'shiel's comment as having come before he extended his hand to her.

Fae'shiel hesitantly accepts Maui's hand as he helps her out of the Water. Then she says "Wasn't that humanoid toad the creature that Lady Beyal described as a Lord of the Forest? Once we get the stone back in place, I suggest we try to see if it has anything of value on it."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus heaves a sigh as his efforts to move the massive bulk of the toad toward the incoming water fails miserably. He notices Maui extending an assist to Fae'shiel and then moving toward the stone that will fit the incoming spot where the water is entering. Giving up on his thought of possibly trying to use the toad to plug the hole, he picks his way over to where Maui waits by the stone, moving carefully himself into the deeper water where the stone lies.

Lets see if we can move this thing before stuff starts getting soaked.

The inability to move the toad still fresh in his mind, he sets about redeeming himself in helping move the stone, if he can keep himself above water. Lady Luck is exacting her price on the Ranger for his shot on Lasher, as he finds the going this close to the incoming water too difficult to keep himself afloat, going under.

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: Systole can I go ahead and submit Fae'shiel for her third level, level up. Or do you anticipate us having to fight anymore things in this adventure?

jbear

First Post
The ranger gets a good lift on the stone and Maui puts his back into it as well in perfect unison with a roar of effort. The stone lifts high off the ground towards the hole gushing water. "Kia kaha!"

[sblock=OOC] With Lasher and his King dead, and the stone probably replaced in the hole with that lift, I'd say our job is all but done. Of course I could be wrong. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
With some pushing and shoving, the party is eventually able to level the stone plug into the hole in the wall, and the spray of water drops to little more than a trickle. With the flow cut off, the pool of water slowly begins to drain.

Looking around, the crates are all labeled with the mark of Franco Specialty goods. They're also all fairly light given their size -- it seems the pugwampi could only manage the less-laden crates. One of the crates has several masterwork rapiers, and appeares to be Signor Franco's missing shipment for the dueling tournament. Otherwise, the floor of the basement is bare earth overgrown with weeds, wildflowers, and toadstools.

As the party tends to their wounds, and catches their breath, the tiny toad Maui had been carrying struggles out of his pocket. It leaps into the mud, hopping back and forth for a few moments, almost as if it were searching for something. Finally, it seems to find the spot it wants, and it starts scratching at the mud. It looks like it's trying to dig a hole.

GM: The boggard was wearing a rather swampy-smelling suit of studded leather. On closer examination, the weapon was a cold iron scorpion whip. It's not carrying anything else except for a handful of worthless baubles and trinkets.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel goes over to the little toad and says "Well she did say I would have to get dirty." Fae'shiel kneels down next to the toad and begins assisting it in digging a hole.

Remove ads