[M&M 2e] Red Sands Chronicles. (OOC)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Aaack!

I take it that BinderFred is back from his conference. :D

I guess that mini burst of posts is what I get for going to the late showing of John Carter (of Mars) instead of posting last night.

Oh well... at least I got to see it considering that some theaters will probably get rid of it so they can have a second showing to the Lorax...

-Sent via Tapatalk

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It was good, I don't thinjk it was worth the 17 buxs I sent to watch it (stupid fandango didnt mention the show was in HD 3D which was 2 buxs more then regular 3D), but it was good.

The movie is basically a streamlined version of the book and really avoids Thark politics and focuses on the love story... and kiicking ass.

-Sent via Tapatalk

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I think we're waiting for Abal's response to Sahid? If she's ignoring him, that would be a good thing to know as well so we can react to it?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Programming is easy... the fact retention is hard. The test was more about the history of java, knowing java;s syntax, it's grammar, being able to read code and saying what it does, and guessing the intent of the teacher's questions.*

* He had several logic errors in both the questions and answers to several questions. So it was hard to tell if the typos/error were intentional, or if they were not. The difference often resulted in either a "none of the above" or a random answer which didn't make sense. For example:

In a for loop question we had to evaluate what the output would be after the code was ran:
Code:
int a = 3;
int b = 0;
int d = 0;
for( int i = 0; i < 4; i++)
{
d = a * b * i;
}
out.print(d);

Problem with the question was that none of the choices was 0 or "none of the above." Several of the answers treated the b as being initialized to 1 or treated the statemennt in the loop's block as being
Code:
d = a * b + i;
and then ran the loop a varying number of times depending on how you correctly or incorrectly intrepreted loop's condition.

After all was said and done, I ended up with a 84% on both parts of the midterm and 97% so far in the class. W00T! At leat I could now goof off aliittle without worrying about midterms (the rest of the courses I'm taking are holding them off until after spring break because the teachers are evil).

-Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Crap.... ok guys, something is weird happened..

Anyone know what happened to the post where I mentioned who Abal is, where she was from, and (possibly) the name of the sword she stole? That post seems to have disappeared and she was going to mention that when in her answer to "tell me about your master."

Also strangely, since this is the first time I looked at this site in a week from my computer I noticed Voda Vosa's long post of Sahid putting Abal in her place (which needs to be responded to) that some how was not visible in tappa-talk.

Nevermind about the "missing info" I found where it was mentioned.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
and then ran the loop a varying number of times depending on how you correctly or incorrectly intrepreted loop's condition.
Not very methodical for a programming prof: forgot the all-important de-bugging run! :)

After all was said and done, I ended up with a 84% on both parts of the midterm and 97% so far in the class. W00T!
Congratulations!

At leat I could now goof off aliittle without worrying about midterms (the rest of the courses I'm taking are holding them off until after spring break because the teachers are evil).
So that's why the board is so quiet this weekend! I was sort of wondering... Ours was the first week of march (Mother and sister are profs, so I still follow these things :)).

Also strangely, since this is the first time I looked at this site in a week from my computer I noticed Voda Vosa's long post of Sahid putting Abal in her place (which needs to be responded to) that some how was not visible in tappa-talk.
Yeah, we were sort of wondering about that, hence the "ignoring" question five posts above... Glad that's solved.

Remove ads