[M&M 2e] Red Sands Chronicles. (OOC)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Since nobody posted yet, I took the liberty of changing Seif's response to Sahid in my last post. I think it illuminates Seif's outlook on the situation better than just acknowleging they don't understand each other (which is what I had there before).

EDIT = What the heck: in for a penny, in for a pound. Added another little paragraph of response to the second part of VV's post. :)

Last edited:

Binder Fred

So are we waiting for [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] to confirm his transportation choice? It might very well be an important tactical choice as well as it now doesn't seem the Beast can run fast enough to outrun that first vehicle heading straight for us...

So what do you guys think? Hit that first crawler all together and hope we can catch up to the caravan before the other two vehicles overwhelm its defenses? Or the Camel and ATV team could shoot straight for the caravan, leaving Deezy and (hopefully) the Ottoman to deal with the lone vehicle? Alternatively, Deezy could use a HP and give the Beast a movement power for this encounter... Thoughts?

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Pretty much.

As for the dune runner's speed I believe its either 75 or 80 mph top (the dune bikes the wastelanders have the same speed).

-Posted via mobile device.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I could have it work as a kind of 'rocket-assisted run' using the jump jets. Essentially 'trading' the leap power for some ranks in Speed. I think constant powers have a lifespan of an hour when you use Extra Effort?

I'll have to look that up.

Should be enough.

Shayuri

First Post
One quick question! The Speed power in 2nd Ed M&M is written in such a way that it provides a flat speed in MPH, not a boost to existing speed.

2 ranks doesn't get you much, in other words, even though the Beast has a faster base speed than a normal human.

Just thought I'd ask you gurus (I'm a 3rd Edition man myself now) how much Speed I need, so I can work out what power to Extra Effort into a Speed ability.

Did we work out how fast everyone can go yet?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
One quick question! The Speed power in 2nd Ed M&M is written in such a way that it provides a flat speed in MPH, not a boost to existing speed.

2 ranks doesn't get you much, in other words, even though the Beast has a faster base speed than a normal human.

Just thought I'd ask you gurus (I'm a 3rd Edition man myself now) how much Speed I need, so I can work out what power to Extra Effort into a Speed ability.

There's a lot of things to reply to here.

I also like how Speed is handled in MM3 since in many ways having a feat that only adds +10 ft to your movement (per rank) seems superfluous since base movement and travel speed should be proportional. I also love having that table to tell me how far I traveled in X period of time.

As for how much speed Beast needs.... Well, let's do this:

Treat your "Improved Leg Actuators" as ranks of "Ground Speed." So right now beat travels at 10 mph when it's in a traveling configuration (or whatever).

Extra effort is sort of funny since it boosts a power by two ranks OR can allow you to double your movement for a round... but that really would make a stupid chase scene so we can hand weave it's duration. :D

Anyways with that boost of 2 ranks your speed will be 50 mph (rank 3) .... Everyone else is moving at rank 4

Did we work out how fast everyone can go yet?

Seif's camel = 100 mph
ATVs (dune runners or what ever) 80 mph
Dune-bikes (raiders) 80 mph
Caravan 60 mph

Last edited:

Binder Fred

Don't know if it's possible, but I was thinking she could use Extra Effort to gain a Speed alternate power (or equivalent). That would last for "The encounter or until she switches to another alternate power". The HP would be used to cancel the following Fatigue.

Remove ads