[M&M 2e] Red Sands Chronicles. (OOC)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I think part of the problem was that since it was the first post after the update, and I was replying to OOC and marking IC posts (to respond to after class) while I was in a math lecture.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
OOC: Actually, you're WRONG. Since its a critical hit you add +5 to the damage making it a Toughness 31 save!

Uh, not wishing to contradict (especially when you err in my favor, [MENTION=42169]Relique du Madde[/MENTION] :)) but the +5 *was* included in the requested 26 Toughness save (that attack usually requires a 21 save, see round one). Abal should therefore be Staggered + Stunned and Seif will leap 15 feet away instead of the described 75.

He's using his usual non-lethal damage too, as, if he wins, I'm hoping for a little sword-to-the-throat/coup-de-grace scene there at the end. Those are so dramatic. :D

EDIT = Not that it matters much in this case since she missed, but technically I think the triggering of Seif's Readied action should have place him first in the initiative order? Seif readied - Abal's Feint - Seif's critical - Abal's next action? As I said, doesn't matter here, but for future reference, what would be the correct way of doing it?

EDIT2 = Found it! It's treated as an Initiative tie (i.e. when that initiative count comes up in the following round, the one with highest Dex goes first, roll a die if it's still a tie).

Last edited:

Binder Fred

An other plus +5 for awesomeness?
Wouldn't that be a permanent bonus for Seif? j/k ;)

That *was* a nice use of his extensible swords though, I'll grant you that. On another tack, I admit I was *really* rather hoping she didn't have any ranged attacks. Wonder how many of those little knifes she has...

Binder Fred

"Oh desert Warlord," she said, mimicking his lilting recitals with wicked glee, "Your exiled thief has fallen. We wait near the fire."
Alright, I got to admit that that was funny. :D You're *really* playing her right-brain heavy, aren't you? :cool::cool:

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hee hee

It's the Deez, man. She's a scamp.

--

And I actually really did misinterpret that instruction. So I guess I'm a scamp too.

But this ought to be fun.

jkason

First Post
And I actually really did misinterpret that instruction. So I guess I'm a scamp too.

But this ought to be fun.

For whatever it's worth, I thought Seif was asking you to taunt the Warlord, too. I just thought he was feeling his oats after taking down Abal. I mean, he's not exactly afraid of confrontation, is he? ;)

Binder Fred

That'll teach him to say 'please'. Never again! ;)

And, actually, his plan right now is to openly confront the Warlord in the very center of his powerbase. Calling him out is for wussies. :p

Remove ads