[M&M3e] Recruiting for solo game (Will accept 1-3 PCs)

Thejoshie

First Post
Yeah, I'm using 3rd ed NOT DCA. They are alike enough that you could get away with using it, but know that some minor differences have been found.

If you're using DCA, know that 3rd ed rules will over write them if a conflict arises.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Yeah, I'm using 3rd ed NOT DCA. They are alike enough that you could get away with using it, but know that some minor differences have been found.

If you're using DCA, know that 3rd ed rules will over write them if a conflict arises.

*Popping in while deciding to toss a hat into the ring* Technically.. DCA is 3e without errata. Hopefully GR will update the DCA's pdf and post the errata file soon.

Insight

Adventurer
I'm really interested in trying out 3rd ed, but I will not have the book or pdf very soon. I was hoping to get it this weekend, but then someone's transmission decided to blow up... :eek:

How difficult would it be for me to make a 2nd ed character and have it converted by someone who has the 3rd ed stuff?

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm really interested in trying out 3rd ed, but I will not have the book or pdf very soon. I was hoping to get it this weekend, but then someone's transmission decided to blow up... :eek:

How difficult would it be for me to make a 2nd ed character and have it converted by someone who has the 3rd ed stuff?

Here are pdfs of the same character in both edition:

THE BLACK AVENGER 2nd

THE BLACK AVENGER 3rd

You can see you need to take some liberties in the conversions. This becomes even harder with heroes with actual powers.

Insight

Adventurer
Fair enough. I'm going to post my character concept first and then actually create the character (using 2nd ed rules) some time before Sunday.

[sblock=NEMESIS]
Origin of the Name: Nemesis - Wikipedia
Brief Excerpt: In Greek mythology, Nemesis (Greek, Νέμεσις), also called Rhamnousia/Rhamnusia ("the goddess of Rhamnous") at her sanctuary at Rhamnous, north of Marathon, was the spirit of divine retribution against those who succumb to hubris (arrogance before the gods). The Greeks personified vengeful fate as a remorseless goddess; the goddess of revenge. The name Nemesis is related to the Greek word νέμειν [némein], meaning "to give what is due". The Romans equated the Greek Nemesis with Invidia.

Concept: Nemesis was born Jennifer Raines and grew up in (name of city, Freedom City, if we're using that). Up to the age of 26, her life was a series of planned events: graduated high school valedictorian and attended medical school at the university of her parents' choice. Raines joined the right sororities, met the right people, dated the right boys, and generally played along with everyone's expectations.

Jennifer, now Dr. Raines, had just completed her residency at (name of hospital in city) by the time she turned 26. On the eve of her birthday, after a subdued party thrown by parents and friends, Dr. Raines was walking home to her downtown apartment when 3 armed men forced Jennifer into a windowless van. The men took Dr. Raines to a warehouse, where they repeatedly and brutally raped and tortured her. Raines lost consciousness before she could familiarize herself with their faces or names. But she still recalled their voices... in nightmares that would haunt her for a long, long time.

Dr. Raines spent six months in physical and mental therapy. The scars were deep and threatened to send Raines over the edge. She tried to go back to work, to start her own medical practice, but Raines could not escape the events of that fateful night. The voices haunted her. She could still feel their clammy hands all over her tortured body. She could barely recall slipping out of consciousness several times.

When it seemed nothing in the world could ever save her from this waking nightmare, Jennifer Raines decided to end her life. No matter what she did, Raines could not escape the events of that night. Raines closed all of her accounts, settled her personal matters, wrote letters to the ones she loved, and walked to the (name of city bridge over a river). There, Jennifer Raines planned to end it all, by jumping into the chilly (name of river) in the dead of night.

Just as Raines crashed into the water, and the life force slipped from her body, something intervened. Raines' body washed ashore, hours later, and she gradually regained consciousness. Something was different, though. Raines was no longer a fragile creature haunted by the cruel events of her 26th birthday. She felt empowered, bold, and strong. A spirit appeared before Raines. The spirit explained that Raines had become NEMESIS, the embodiment of vengeance, and that not only would Raines have her revenge against those who did her wrong, she would help others to exact justice on their wrongdoers.

Think...
ispitl.jpg

... but not nearly as graphic!

Now, as Nemesis, she hunts the men who caused her pain, but also realizes that she has a duty to help others who feel powerless to act against evil. Nemesis has learned that she is mostly immortal and pretty strong and quick and has trained herself in the use of weapons and unarmed combat. Nemesis also possesses a limited fear ability that she uses to weaken her enemies.
[/sblock]

Thejoshie

First Post
[sblock=nemises]Awsome concept. When can I expect a build?[/sblock]

For the rest of you who are interested, once I do get a build from Insight, the clock will begin to tick for entries. Just fair warning.

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=nemises]Awsome concept. When can I expect a build?[/sblock]

For the rest of you who are interested, once I do get a build from Insight, the clock will begin to tick for entries. Just fair warning.

I'm gonna try to crank out the 2E version tonight or tomorrow. I'll post as soon as I have something done.

Insight

Adventurer
Here's a 2nd ed version of Nemesis:
[sblock]
CHARACTER NAME: NEMESIS
POWER LEVEL: 7 (105PP)
PL Trade-Offs: +9 Attack / +5 Damage

Character Logline: Raped and tortured woman commits suicide only to be returned to life to get revenge on her attackers and to aid others powerless to save themselves.

ABILITY SCORES:
STR 14 (+2)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 18 (+4)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 10 (+0)
4 + 4 + 8 + 4 + 4 + 0 = 24pp

COMBAT:
INITIATIVE: +6
BASE ATTACK BONUS: +7
ATTACK FORM BONUSES: +2 (MELEE)
BASE DEFENSE BONUS: +5
OTHER DEFENSE BONUSES: +2 (Dodge Focus)
14 + 10 = 24pp

SAVING THROWS:
TOUGHNESS: +4/+7 (+4 Con, +3 [DEFENSIVE ROLL])
FORT: +10 (+4 Con, +6)
REFLEX: +7 (+2 Dex, +5)
WILL: +7 (+2 Wis, +5)
6 + 5 + 5 = 16PP

SKILLS:
INTIMIDATE (4): +4
KNOWLEDGE - LIFE SCIENCES (8): +10
MEDICINE (8): +10
SENSE MOTIVE (8): +10
28R = 7PP

FEATS:
ALL-OUT ATTACK
ATTACK FOCUS - MELEE [2]
BENEFIT - CONSIDERED DEAD
DEFENSIVE ROLL [3]
DODGE FOCUS [2]
ENDURANCE
FEARLESS
IMPROVED INITIATIVE
POWER ATTACK
RAGE [2] (Increase duration to 10 rounds)
TAKEDOWN ATTACK [2]
17PP

POWERS:
FEAR: Emotion Control 6 (Divine; Flaws: Limited to Fear [-1], Sense-Dependent (Visual) [-1]) [3PP]
UNWAVERING: Immunity 12 (Divine; Includes Aging, Disease, Poison, all Environmental Conditions, Need for Sleep, Starvation/Thirst, and Suffocation) [12PP]
VENGEANCE: Damage 3 (Divine; PF: Mighty) [4PP]
3 + 12 + 4 = 19PP

SUMMARY
Abilities 24
Combat 24
Saving Throws 16
Skills 7
Feats 17
Powers 19
Drawbacks (0)
= 105pp[/sblock]

I still need to work on the complications.

Can someone with the 3rd ed stuff help me get this character converted?

Remove ads