• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

jkason

First Post
"If our assumption is the evidence wasn't planted, the I suppose the next step is to find a credible connection between Abraham and Wilbur. Knowing one another in a small town is one thing; trusting one another enough to commit murder together and trust the other to keep the secret? I should think they'd need a stronger bond than that."

Erekose13

Explorer
After listening to everyone's report, Tenebrynn nods, "I think we should work on the assumption that the evidence was not planted and try to determine the connection. I believe that the trap doors in everyone's rooms are mighty suspicious and lead to the conclusion that Abraham is definitely more than he appears to be. Tomorrow I will try to see if I can find a spell in the mayor's library that might help us."

Velmont

First Post
"I would not let that option behind. Clues might have been planted. And now that I think about it, it make some senses... This button has been given to us by Medius Jara. It is the same who suggets us to come here. Finally, I remember him cutting Vossinger's while he was talking about more protection for the Amiral. Medius is our employeer, so we would be most likely not suspecting him right at the start.

We will continue to work on the leads we have, but keep that idea in your head."

jkason

First Post
Eanos

"I suppose the questions becomes: how do we plan to follow up? Shall we remain in separate groups, or is it time to combine our efforts? We need to establish some sort of noteworthy link between Abraham and Wilbur if we're planning to persue them as suspects. I was thinking: our employer mentioned that we might be able get an audience with the town mayor. Perhaps she has access to business records that would provide a paper trail between the two men?"

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik stays near the door. After a while he hears some footsteps outside. They approach the door. Mordik hears a yawn.

Mordik motions frantically with his hands to get everyone's attention, then tiptoes in place, yawns silently and points at the door.

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik moves as silently as he can to the door and attempts to listen with his ear at the door (if there are cracks around the edge of the door, peek through, as well).

Manzanita

First Post
Through the crack, Mordik can see two forms pass, though no more detail is evident. He then hears the back door open and shut. Evidently two figures have exited the Inn at this late hour. Although they may have simply been going to the outhouse, they could also be leaving the premises.

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik whispers: [smallcaps] If yer comin to see who was listening in, come quietly and hidden; Otherwise-stay here.
[/smallcaps]

At that he opens the door and stalks out, at a fast pace towards the backdoor.

(My intention is to verify who I saw, and where they're going, keeping my distance if possible, but not losing them)

Manzanita

First Post
Mordik quietly opens the door, exits, and then opens the back door. He peeks out.

OOC: Go ahead & make your move silently, hide, & spot checks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads