• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

jkason

First Post
Eanos, under similar guardly auspices ("check out the commotion") also enters the hallway, though he hangs back, watching for sudden moves.

Manzanita

First Post
The short man continues towards Mordik, with a cruel gleam in his eye. "You need to watch what yer doin' 'round er...." he cuts off abruptly at the sight of the innkeeper. His taller companion, who had been following him, though without drawing his sword, also pulls up.

They listen to Abraham's remonstrations, and nod suspiciously. The short one sheaths his sword. "Ye just tell them to mind their own business. We're just going to check on some traps we laid in the woods." They turn and leave, with a threatening backward glance towards Mordik. Nurlan and Eanos arrive in time to see them round the corner.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo nods at the two men and replies to Mordik comment "Stop annoying my clients." before leaving him. Once the two men turns the corner, Rinaldo looks at Nurlan and tell him "I'll be back". He quickly change his appearance for the one of Kusk, the half-orc who was playing card last night and starts to follow the two men discretly from some distance. If he is spotted he tries to pretend to be natural that he is there.

OOC:
Hide roll: 18
Move Silently roll: 3
Bluff roll: 15

I hope I am far enough not to be heard...

NakuruSai

First Post
They listen to Abraham's remonstrations, and nod suspiciously. The short one sheaths his sword. "Ye just tell them to mind their own business. We're just going to check on some traps we laid in the woods." They turn and leave, with a threatening backward glance towards Mordik. Nurlan and Eanos arrive in time to see them round the corner.

Mordik curses at them under his breath in mixed goblin/orcish and throws a rude hand gesture at them, spitting at the ground, by that time they've already rounded the corner.

orsal

LEW Judge
NakuruSai said:
Mordik points towards the men.
Mordik puffs up and adds as elequently as possible:
[smallcaps]These men were skulking outside in the hallway when I left the room. Per my job description with you, I was verifying if they were a threat or not, and what their business was.
[/smallcaps]

Nurlan's voice is gentle, not accusatory, as he asks, "Did they seem to be particularly interested in what was happening in our room, or Mister Rinaldo's? If not, I wouldn't fret about it." Even though the suspects are gone, he will keep up the act just in case someone else is within hearing range.

NakuruSai

First Post
[smallcaps]
Hmm. They were outside our door. I came to see what they were doing outside our door and they left the building, so followed them to make sure they were gone, they saw me at the door and pulled a sword! Rude, I tell ya... [/smallcaps]

orsal

LEW Judge
NakuruSai said:
[smallcaps]
Hmm. They were outside our door. I came to see what they were doing outside our door and they left the building, so followed them to make sure they were gone, they saw me at the door and pulled a sword! Rude, I tell ya... [/smallcaps]

"Pulled a sword on you... that's threatening. Better watch out if they ever return. Anyway, I'm glad Mister Abraham knows about the incident. You did well."

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn waits anxiously in the room for the others to return. Provided no sounds of fighting are heard, it would be best for him to keep a low profile as most guests do not know he is affiliated with this group.

Manzanita

First Post
Rinaldo assumes the form of the half orc, garbed in the royal blue tunic with three gold overlapping rings, signifying his service to the city. He creeps out and sees the two retreating forms in the moonlight. The little one seems to be virtually walking backwards, as he's clearly paranoid about being followed. Finding shelter behind a tree, though, RInaldo believes he was not spotted. He sees them exit the inn grounds and head south down the main road.

Inside, no one else seems to have been awakened by the commotion.

Remove ads