M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik sighs, clearly disappointed. [smallcaps]...on tha' other hand, we could just smash it? No amount of finesse is openin' that door and I'd love to get me some shut-eye tonigh' at some point. [/smallcaps] he adds, yawning.

jkason

First Post
Eanos raises an eyebrow. "I suspect that if we break the door, we'll have no shut-eye in the Inn, at least. It would be difficult to pretend we weren't up to something if the door's smashed but we don't acknowledge it. Maybe..."

Eanos quirks his mouth up, hesitating, then decides to hells with it, and continues.

"If we assume these doors are in every room, perhaps we could smash one and investigate without giving ourselves away if we were to do so in someone else's room? I don't know if we've the means to keep the current occupant asleep during the process, but if we could ... well, it might also divert whatever suspicion surrounds us onto the owner of the room. I'm not sure how comfortable we are with the option, but I thought it worth mentioning."

orsal

LEW Judge
jkason (Eanos) said:
"If we assume these doors are in every room, perhaps we could smash one and investigate without giving ourselves away if we were to do so in someone else's room? I don't know if we've the means to keep the current occupant asleep during the process, but if we could ... well, it might also divert whatever suspicion surrounds us onto the owner of the room. I'm not sure how comfortable we are with the option, but I thought it worth mentioning."

With a glance at Tenebrynn, Nurlan mutters, "Where's Irene when you need her?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Lets hold off on trying to smash them as I agree with Eanos, it would give away too much. Hopefully I will be able to find something tomorrow. As we are all worried about what might come through into our rooms, I say its still a good idea to move the edge of your bed over the trap door. Even though it does open down, if someone tries it they will get a face full of bed leg and you'll definitely wake up." says Tenebrynn.

jkason

First Post
Eanos

Erekose13 said:
"Lets hold off on trying to smash them as I agree with Eanos, it would give away too much. Hopefully I will be able to find something tomorrow. As we are all worried about what might come through into our rooms, I say its still a good idea to move the edge of your bed over the trap door. Even though it does open down, if someone tries it they will get a face full of bed leg and you'll definitely wake up." says Tenebrynn.

"Sounds as good a plan as any for this evening. Now we just need to decide on our mode of inquiry tomorrow. We need to see if we can find a link between Abraham and Wilbur. We can try to wheedle information out of the other Inn staff, try to use our markers to gain an audience with the mayor. I'm not sure what other entertainers might be around for questioning.

"Rinaldo seems to have a way with the gentry, if his handling of the Prince is any indication. Assuming we're maintaining our guise as three separate travelling groups, I'd suggest the fur trader here take the mayor, Nurlan the entertainers, and Tenebrynn the staff of the Inn. My two coppers."

Velmont

First Post
"I would be interested to know a bit more about the two men who left the Inn. They seemed nervous and overreact to Mordik presence."

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan who has mostly been listening, speaks up. "I bet that once we're ready to move in on our prime suspect, I could get his trust. I know a little musical effect that is very good at getting other people, even total strangers, to regard me as a friend. Rinaldo, Tenebrynn, and Ashnar all saw it -- I used it on a goblin whose tribe we had just massacred, and I was able to get her to help us. But I shouldn't try it until the right time. It's an arcane effect, and once it wears off, the charmed person will realize he shouldn't have been so trusting. I could give away my game once that happens. So, let me know when you think it's time to get a confession out of someone, and I'll try it."

jkason

First Post
OOC: Sounds fine by me. I think we can figure out our individual routes at breakfast as well as we can gathered together in a room.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Yeah, it seems so... My group see the mayor, Nurlan's group further investigate the entertainers. Tenebrynn further investigate the Inn emplyees and find a way to open the traps. Finding more about the two guys is still open.

Remove ads