M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Just to be sure I miss nothing, what do we need to know from the mayor?

Rinaldo salute the two guard. "Good day. I am here to talk with the mayor. Is it possible to meet him?"

jkason

First Post
OOC: I believe we wanted to see, first, if there was an obvious connection between Abraham, Wilbur, and our murder victim, though secondarily information on the Inn, Abraham, etc (we still don't know what's up with the trap doors) or the Prince would probably all be helpful. Once Eanos knows for sure what our cover story is, I'll probably have him pop in with other questions (or lean in and have Rinaldo ask them) as they occur

NakuruSai

First Post
Nurlan laughs. "Ah, Wilbur made it sound more of a recreation. Didn't talk about the danger. Maybe we'd better leave the crabs to the professionals, and stick to what we do best. What do you say, Mordik?"
Mordik grunts and says, [smallcaps]Herm. Mebbe we can try one and see if it's gonna be a big issue for us to take 'em. Abraham - have you had any people selling to you recently, we might be able to see if it's worth our time or if we'll end up just getting beat up?[/smallcaps] Mordik chuckles at that last statement.

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: just waiting on Knight Otu, he's said that he is a bit tight on time at the moment. Tenebrynn would want to travel seperate from the other group, though Ashnar is welcome to come with him.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Eanos and Rinaldo (& Ashnar?) head out for the castle. Actually, I think that's where Tenebrynn is heading as well. As such, I think I'll continue with that senerio in this thread. Nurlan and Mordik can head back to their thread when they leave the inn or when something dangerous happens.

OOC: Assuming Abraham doesn't have anything to say in reply to Nurlan's last comment, I'd be ready for that. I'll read this thread until both Manzanita and NakuruSai have confirmed there's nothing more of relevance to be said this morning in the Inn.

Manzanita

First Post
NakuruSai said:
Mordik grunts and says, [smallcaps]Herm. Mebbe we can try one and see if it's gonna be a big issue for us to take 'em. Abraham - have you had any people selling to you recently, we might be able to see if it's worth our time or if we'll end up just getting beat up?[/smallcaps] Mordik chuckles at that last statement.

"No" syas Abraham. "It's rare that we locals go crab hunting. Just too dangerous. But the crab meat is quite tasty. Tell you what. I'll pay you 1 sp per pound of crab meat you bring me. I'm sure I can get some of my patrons to buy it."

Rinaldo and Eanos leave. I'll assume Ashnar will accompany Tenebrynn. Thus four PCs are still in the Inn at this point. As they prepare to leave, another patron enters the common room. He enters from the West door, which leads to the rooms, not the outside. He is a tall man with coffee-colored skin and black hair. He is very cleanly shaven. He wears black boots, tunic and cape. He surveys the room with his black eyes before taking a seat at the bar. James the server hurries to bring him coffee without being asked.

OOC: Feel free to state that you are leaving any time.

Manzanita

First Post
Velmont said:
Rinaldo salute the two guard. "Good day. I am here to talk with the mayor. Is it possible to meet him?"

"Meet him, eh?" one guard says casually. The other chuckles. "You don't know the mayor, do you? What business you got?"

Velmont

First Post
"No, I've never got that honor. I'm a merchant and I am here on business. I want to expand my trade in this town and I would like to talk about it with him. I am quite sure he will be please to hear about my project and how they could bring more wealth to this town and his leaders."

Manzanita

First Post
"OK. Come with me. But you'd best know, our mayor, Arness is a woman." He leads the duo through the gates, across a courtyard, and into a waiting room. Another armed guard sits outside that room. "These folks 'ere to see the mayor. Merchants, trading stuff."

Rinaldo and Eanos are offered seats in an empty room, and the doors are shut.

jkason

First Post
Eanos

Manzanita said:
"OK. Come with me. But you'd best know, our mayor, Arness is a woman." He leads the duo through the gates, across a courtyard, and into a waiting room. Another armed guard sits outside that room. "These folks 'ere to see the mayor. Merchants, trading stuff."

Rinaldo and Eanos are offered seats in an empty room, and the doors are shut.

Now that they're alone, Eanos confers with Rinaldo, though he keeps his voice low just in case.

"Just so we're clear, are we still exotic animal traders, or did you have something else in mind this time out?"

Remove ads