M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Velmont

First Post
"Still, but we are expending. We want to estblish a trading post here. We are half a day from the capital, but here we will surely have some advantage that we couldn't have at the capital. And with teh Prince near, we can fall in his favor for establishing our trading near him. That's why we are here, we need to negotiate those advantage. We need ebnifit after all." replies Rinaldo.

jkason

First Post
Eanos nods his understanding, then turns to examine the room they find themselves in, wondering if maybe the mayor's decorative choices might prove useful in the coming negotiations.

Manzanita

First Post
Inside, the hall has three doors beside the main entrance. In the southeast corner of the
room is a suit of plate mail armor and halberd. Along the north wall are three chairs. On the south wall, between the armor and the door, a 2’x3’ mirror hangs above a small table. On the table are two candlesticks and a brass bell.

Soon, a guard enters from the Eastern door.

"Your names?" After a response, he motions you to follow him. He leads you into a narrow, dark, unadorned hallway. "Your lucky day, gents." he says casually as you follow him. "Arness' appointment didn't show, so you can see her. Behave yourselves, now."

He opens a door at the end of the hallway, and the company enters a reception area. On the east wall of this room is a stone dais of three steps. Atop the higheststep is a large, highly decorated wooden chair. Two smaller chairs sit on the next step down from the large chair. The dais itself is six feet wide and five feet deep, with the chairs standing along the back wail. The north and south walls are hung with tapestries of woodland scenes.

On the large chair sits a human woman. Arness is middle aged, with long, braided brown hair and blue eyes. She wears a royal blue robe with three gold rings emblazened on it. Three gems grace a crown she wears on her head. Next to her sits a younger man with brown hair and eyes. He also wears a ringed blue robe, and holds a flail in his lap. A guard stands on each end of the dias, holding a glaive and wearing chainmail. The third guard, who walked you in announces your arrival with a bow.

"Lord mayor Arness, Chief Counsel Tellish, here are ______ and _________(insert the names you gave here). Merchants with a trading proposal." He then steps behind you.

jkason

First Post
Eanos

Eanos stands just a bit behind Rinaldo, eyeing the guards. He's struck by the thought that all the finery and hardware seems a bit more than he'd expect for a mayor of a small town, but figures it's not currently his business. He hovers near his charge, playing guard and assistant (what with Ashnar gone), but letting the more experienced merchant take the lead.

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
OOC: I'll wait to have a feedback from KO to know where is Ashnar before going too far...
(Ashnar will be with Tenebrynn. I'd have liked to talk him into introducing me as more equal to him than an acolyte, but I've held up things enough already.)

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: will do.

Tenebrynn sets out for the castle with Ashnar, ready to introduce him to Armax as a collegue, he hopes that his friend will be allowed access as well.

Velmont

First Post
"Lord mayor Arness, Chief Counsel Tellish, here are Rinaldo and Eanos. Merchants with a trading proposal." The guard then steps behind you.

Rinaldo stop playing with his coin and salute the mayor. "Good day, milady. My name is Rinaldo di Senzio. I am a trader and my domain is in exotic animals. I wanted to meet you about a project I have. I wanted to install a trading post here. I would use the small harbor here to transport the animals from there catching pint to here. Here I would make sure they are healthy or in good condition. I would sell them all over the country for what they are, or there feather or fur. It would bring work and trade to this community. I am quite sure you can see the benefit of that. but before starting that project, I would have many questions to answer, and you would be the perfect person to answer them all. So I would like to speak with you about it, if you don't mind."

Remove ads