M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

NakuruSai

First Post
Rinaldo, Eanos, Nurlan and Mordik:
[sblock]
The Viscount looks up for a long few seconds. His dark, hansome face curious and severe. He then gestures to the chairs across from him and nods.
Mordik plops down in the chair ungracefully and beckons for food. He has little care for pleasantries as he eats. [smallcaps]Greetin's, sir. [/smallcaps] he adds, with a mouthful of breakfast.
[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Eanos, Rinaldo, Orsal and Mordik. [sblock] The Viscount looks up for a long few seconds. His dark, hansome face curious and severe. He then gestures to the chairs across from him and nods.[/sblock]

[sblock]"Sir, allow me to intoduce myself. I am Nurlan Naibi, a singer and traveller, currently performing at the Theatre in this town. The dwarf is my travelling companion and assistant, Mordik. Dare I ask, who you are, and what brings a gentleman such as yourself to Three Rings?"[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
orsal said:
[sblock]"Sir, allow me to intoduce myself. I am Nurlan Naibi, a singer and traveller, currently performing at the Theatre in this town. The dwarf is my travelling companion and assistant, Mordik. Dare I ask, who you are, and what brings a gentleman such as yourself to Three Rings?"[/sblock]

Mordik & Nurlan [sblock]The man gives a tight-lipped smile and nods again. "I am the Viscount Causticus. I have been exiled from my rightful kingdom due to some usurpers. I am gathering my strength in order to return. This area is rich in resources, as perhaps you know."

The man is neatly dressed, in fine black clothes. A longsword, dagger and pouch rest at his belt. Jewled rings adorn his long fingers. His black hair falls smoothly to his shoulders. His cloak is coal black on top, but dark red underneath. He is very hansome and speaks with a vaguely foreign accent.

OOC: Knowledge(nobility) or Bardic knowledge DC 20 [sblock]: His accent reminds you of the purer form of the common tongue, when the Medibarian Empire was young.[/sblock]

Spot DC 15 [sblock] He has pointed teeth.[/sblock][/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan and Mordik:
[sblock]Nurlan succeeds at the Know(N&R) check but not the Spot.

"Viscount? I trust it is not presumptious of a mere entertainer such as myself to share your company over breakfast. Let me offer my condolences for your unfortunate situation. If it would not trouble you, could I ask more about the problems in your land? It does sound like the kind of events remembered in song, and as a performer I am always interested in learning more."[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Nurlan and Mordik: [sblock] I am not at liberty to divulge more of my history. But when I succeed, you can bet there will be many songs written about our victory." He smiles.[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan and Mordik:
[sblock]Nurlan returns the smile. "So be it. I turst that, in the meantime, you have found Three Rings a hospitable place?"[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Nurlan and Mordik[sblock]
orsal said:
:
Nurlan returns the smile. "So be it. I turst that, in the meantime, you have found Three Rings a hospitable place?"

"Oh, yes. It's very nice." says the Viscount. He take's the last bite of his bread.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo & Eanos

[SBLOCK]Rinaldo nods. "We will need locals who knows well the region to capture some prey. Can you go and invite them at my table?"[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
Rinaldo and Eanos: [sblock]
Velmont said:
Rinaldo nods. "We will need locals who knows well the region to capture some prey. Can you go and invite them at my table?"

I'll NPC Eanos very briefly, as it seems fairly straightforward.

Eanos approaches the table where the midgit and his companions sit. "My master requests you join us for breakfast. He has a proposition for you."

The two men glance at each other and shrug. They then stand, and carry their bread and tea over to Rinaldo's table.
[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan & Mordik:
[sblock]It sounds like we're not going to get anything much out of the Viscount. Nurlan will continue to make small talk until breakfast is done, without pressing too hard on what he doesn't seem to want to talk about. Assuming he continues to be unwilling to say much about his situation, I'd be ready to fast forward to the Theatre today.

On the way to the theatre, Nurlan remarks to Mordik, "There's a man with secrets. Do you suppose he chose to come to Three Rings to complete some business transactions with someone who can provide services against his enemies?"[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads