M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

jkason

First Post
Rinaldo and Eanos: [sblock]
Manzanita said:
I'll NPC Eanos very briefly, as it seems fairly straightforward.

Thanks. Sorry about that. I wound up out of town longer than I'd expected and with less internet.

Eanos approaches the table where the midgit and his companions sit. "My master requests you join us for breakfast. He has a proposition for you."

The two men glance at each other and shrug. They then stand, and carry their bread and tea over to Rinaldo's table.

"Master Rinaldo, the men you requested," Eanos says by way of introduction. "I'll fetch something to break our fast and be right back."
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo & Eanos

[SBLOCK]"Thanks Eanos, and bring some cheese and meat for all of us. If our guest accept the offer."

Once the gives the answer, Rinaldo continue to speaks. "Thanks you, gentlemen. I wanted to speak to you. I've come hear for many reason. One of them, it is I need some locals to help me in my business. I need two trappers or hunter. I forgot to present myself. I am Rinaldo di Senzio. I'm a merchant and my business is the trading of exotic animals and sub-product, like fur, feather and ivory. I was wondering if gaining a few more money would be something of interest of you."[/SBLOCK]

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock=Tenebrynn & Ashnar]Ashnar smiles and says silently, just loud enough to let the guard hear his words as well "Lady Armax, do not worry overmuch. I am certain it is but an unexpected interruption in communications that prevented the guard to recognize the legitimacy of our arrival."
Secretly, Ashnar however wonders why Armax did not take up the guard on his offer to talk to the Prince. He looks at Tenebrynn to see if he thinks the same.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Nurlan and Mordik: [sblock]The Viscount is polite but does not volunteer any information of use. When convienent, the duo bid their new acquaintance good day, and head for the theater.

At the theater, the usual casual pace is evident, as the performers and stagehands prepare for yet another night's performance. Balmorrow is cool and smooth, as he invites Nurlan and Mordik to his private study. Once there, his face takes a worried tone. "I'm glad you're hear. I do want to confront Wilbur right now about this lute string. I'm going to bring him in here with us. Do you want to say anything first?"[/sblock]

Rinaldo and Eanos[sblock] Nurlan and Mordik chat briefly with the Viscount, then rise and leave the common room.

"Trappin' and huntin' animals, you say? We only get small stuff, rabbits, beavers, parrots. We don't like any dangerous creatures. You want some of them small critters?" says the midgit, Oscar.[/sblock]

Ashnar and Tennebrynn[sblock]Armax glances at Ashnar, but does not reply.[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan & Mordik
[sblock]
Manzanita said:
At the theater, the usual casual pace is evident, as the performers and stagehands prepare for yet another night's performance. Balmorrow is cool and smooth, as he invites Nurlan and Mordik to his private study. Once there, his face takes a worried tone. "I'm glad you're hear. I do want to confront Wilbur right now about this lute string. I'm going to bring him in here with us. Do you want to say anything first?"

Nurlan reaches into his pack. "I talked a bit more to Mister Rinaldo after you left last night. Here it the lute string he mentioned. It does look like yours, doesn't it?

"Concerning Wilbur... I'll let you do the talking. If he hedges, like he's hiding something, I'll try to befriend him, and see if I can get him to trust me. That means I shouldn't say anything that sounds accusatory."
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

[sblock=Rinaldo and Eanos]As the monk returns with food and drink, he sits and puts on his role as rough on the edges bodyguard.

"But you know about the big stuff, yeah?" he whispers with faux unease. "Master Rinaldo's got hisself set to go a huntin' for more exotic stuff, but I told him you probably know the places what ain't safe for a body to go. Profit's profit, but I told him plain it was a fool would just charge back in them woods without knowing what territory to avoid, if'n you want to keep your arms and legs attached, you know?"[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Tennebrynn and Ashnar. [sblock]After about 30 minutes Armax shows up, late as usual, bruskly greeting the duo, and ordering the guard to give them the rowboat, along with the rower. The maimed man loads some boxes of provisions into the rowboat. Armax gazes at him with undisguised disgust. As the group prepares to leave, she says, "Lothar - you wait. I'll send the rowboat back for you." The man nods, although he glowers at her.

The four row to the island. A wall runs all along the side of the island facing the town. The tower is visible, but not much else. Armax greets the guards at the island dock. "I'm taking these men to the Prince's library."

The guard shakes his head. "I've not heard of this. You must have permission from the Prince to visit here."

"Arness approved of this excursion. You will let me pass." Says Armax.

"I'm sorry, M'lady. Arness is not the master of this isle. You'll have to take it up with the Prince. Do you want me to go ask him?"

Armax pauses. "You are a fool. I am a trusted servent of Arness. There's no reason to forbid my entrance. You haven't heard the end of this." She then turns to the rower. "Take us back to shore." She sits back in the rowboat again as the boxes are unloaded, her face turned from the wizards.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tenebrynn & Ashnar]"So that's it? Why is this guard preventing our entry? We " indicating Armax and himself "have made arrangements. I assume you have made some as well..."[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK]"He always adds his comment. I've not found how to make him shut yet." says Rinaldo with a smile. "But parrot is a good start. That would be interesting. Maybe you know someone who could hunt different kind of creature?"[/SBLOCK]

NakuruSai

First Post
Nurlan & Mordik:
[sblock]
On the way to the theatre, Nurlan remarks to Mordik, "There's a man with secrets. Do you suppose he chose to come to Three Rings to complete some business transactions with someone who can provide services against his enemies?"
[smallcaps] He's here for help with his problems, for sure. [/smallcaps]
"Concerning Wilbur... I'll let you do the talking. If he hedges, like he's hiding something, I'll try to befriend him, and see if I can get him to trust me. That means I shouldn't say anything that sounds accusatory."
[smallcaps]And I'll play the strong silent type yet again.[/smallcaps] Mordik chuckles.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
After 7 years in ENWorld, that was the best adventure I ever played in PbP... I just fall back on that thread lately and I couldn't resist to read a few post again. Just too bad part of the game was lost in the crash in 2006.

Remove ads