Manager's Suck

ssampier

First Post
I'm not a manager, but I would put the blame squarely on the manager who had the key to the safe, that is if the person was there, we wouldn't have this problem. Secondly to blame was the person who decided to play a prank/teach you a lesson.

Quasqueton

First Post
Offensive customers... Sales Quotas... watching Sun Rise and Set from inside glass walls...

God, I'm glad I don't work in retail anymore.
Me too. But I do say that it should be a requirement that all people should work in retail and/or restaurant for at least 3 months. I think the world would be a better place if everyone got to see people from that angle.

I've worked both, many years ago, and only if my family was going to go hungry or homeless would I go back into either.

Quasqueton

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
The biggest problem with both the retail and food industries is that so many of people who are working there don't actually want to be doing that. It's such a rush to sit down in a restaurant with wait staff that ENJOY their job, or walk into a store where the sales staff really care about their product and helping you find just what you want.

Spent nine years in fronts and kitchens and would LOVE to run my own restaurant. My brother-in-law is an up-and-coming chef and we've talked about it. He can run the kitchen and I can run the front. I swear to you all here and now I will treat my staff like frickin' gold, and my restaurant will rock out loud.

Remove ads