• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Manual of the Planes for 5e on DMSGuild

New on the DMSGuild is the Manual of the Planes for 5th edition. The cover is stunning. It's over 300 pages and the credits page includes folks from The Draconomicon, The Dragonlance Companion, Tasha's Crucible of Everything Else, Planescape: Metropolis, The Honkonomicon and Planewalker.com I love the special thanks. This project was made possible by Roll20. Thank you for unlocking new...

New on the DMSGuild is the Manual of the Planes for 5th edition. The cover is stunning.

Manual of the Planes. An invaluable, definitive work on the most fascinating aspect of the World's Greatest Roleplaying Game

It's over 300 pages and the credits page includes folks from The Draconomicon, The Dragonlance Companion, Tasha's Crucible of Everything Else, Planescape: Metropolis, The Honkonomicon and Planewalker.com

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 9.37.13 PM.png

I love the special thanks.

This project was made possible by Roll20. Thank you for unlocking new horizons for the latest generation of planewalkers, bashers, berks, and touts. We’d also like to thank the giants on whose shoulders we stand when writing this book: Justice Ramin Arman, Richard Baker, Wolfgang Baur, David “Zeb” Cook, Bruce R. Cordell, Jeff Grubb, David Noonan, F. Wesley Schneider, Rick Swan, and all others who helped create and cultivate Planescape and the planes.

I've just bought it and am reading it now.

Here is the table of contents.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 10.18.51 PM.png

afroakuma

Explorer
This supplement looks great and the right companion for the new P: AitM.

A question: are there Sigil faction abilities in this book? I suspect not as this doesn't seem to be the scope here, but I'd like to confirm.
There are not; definitely has been on my radar as something I would love to incorporate, though as with most things it will depend on how the team feels.

Thanks for the feedback. I suspected the faction abilities wouldn't be present. Just confirming. I've put the supplement in my queue as it seems pretty good regardless.

The Mortuary supplement on Beyond uses DMG-style Supernatural Gifts to represent the Dustmen Heralds of Dust "Dead Truce" ability. Also has a separate sidebar detailing the Faction's taboo against resurrection.

I imagine many of the classic Faction abilities and restrictions could be handled similarly.
Supernatural abilities would be a good fit IMO, since the faction abilities supposedly come, among other things, from belief (eg: Dead Truce).

Don't know if Backgrounds as per 5e cover such possibilities. I'm out of the loop in 5e.

If anyone else has questions about the product they'd like us to field to help decide whether it's for you or not, feel free. I'll be watching the thread for the next little bit.

Is there more art in the book then the first 17 pages of the book hint at?

Are there any maps of Planes or key sites within Planes?

Any plans for Aasimar who better fit Planescape?

Remove ads

Remove ads