Maptools online game table

Hawke

Explorer
I love the program (obviously) and the active dev community means there's constant bug fixes and new features. The community is great as well. My Dark Sun group uses MapTool and Skype.

Ace32

Explorer
I've been playing with Maptools for some time now, though we don't use voice chat, just regular chat. My group has always met through chat rooms, so that part doesn't bother us.

I have yet to switch to 4e full time yet, but I'm planning to do so. Does anybody have some good tips specifically for running 4e games? Specifically, something like power cards.

Odysseus

Explorer
I've used maptools with Ventrilo , skype, and without voice chat.
With either, speeds up, and its more like a F2F game,more socialable.
While without , makes for better roleplaying, and can be alot nmore atmospheric.
Beween Ventrillo & Skype. There wasn't much to choose between. Both worked.

Ryujin

Legend
When I was ruinning a D20 Modern game using OpenRPG, I used TeamSpeak for communication. It does require that one person host the server portion, but it worked pretty damned well for the intended purpose.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I have not tried maptools. But given how fantastic Klooge Werks has been for us, I doubt we will get the chance to try maptools.

We use Skype, and like it a lot.

Baumi

Adventurer
I even use Maptool for my face to face Groups since the Mapping Features (hidden, templates, fog of war, etc.) are awesome! :cool:

The Server is my Netbook that I use to GM and the Connected PC (for the players) is hooked on the TV.

Besides the Maptool Features there is another big advantage... you don't have to clear the table for maps and can instead load even more junkfood on it ;)

Remove ads