Marvel Avengers, 1889 [Full]

the_myth

First Post
Karl Green said:
The game would use Mutants and Masterminds 2nd edition, along with Ultimate Powers. Power Level 8 with 150 power points. Trade-off are allowed but I would like to see most within +2/-2 with a maximum of +4/-4. I of course want to look over all characters before they are approved. I am thinking maybe 4 or 5 players… I might go to 6 but that would have to be the hard maximum.

Hmm...PL 8 is 120 points, but PL 10 is 150. Is this a special rule you're using?

Karl Green

First Post
Blind Azathoth said:
Two things.

1. This is the greatest idea for a game ever. :D

2. Would a West Coast-only Avenger be allowed? I am thinking, specifically, of Moon Knight.

Yes, even the Great Lake Avengers are fair game... so long as you have an Victorian bend ;)

AND if everyone whom has posted interested so far is making up characters then we are a looking a full

Karl Green

First Post
Well more then I thought but…

Hero4Hire – Incredible Hulk, Man of Wonder or Hawkeye
Jemal – Spiderman or Wolverine
Redclaw – the Black Knight
Elric – Captain Britania
the_myth – the Scarlet Witch
Shayruri – someone (just reserving you a spot)
James Heard – Doctor Strange
Blind Azathot – Moon Knight

Should be a very cool mix... OK I will work up the first game (just expand the one I ran face-to-face, secret title right now) and create a Rogue Gallery. Stat up your characters as you wish, and your backgrounds with something Victorian is all I ask ;)

Karl Green

First Post
the_myth said:
Hmm...PL 8 is 120 points, but PL 10 is 150. Is this a special rule you're using?

Yep, part of it I want you to have the extra points for a while range of stuff... and 120 is only the suggested power points in 2nd ed :) The power level is a bit lower just to better reflect the setting in my mind... also I would not mind it if people keep Movement powers somewhat within reason (not that there are any speedsters or big fliers so far)

Jemal

Adventurer
As much As I'd love to play Spider-man, the webslinger just doesn't 'swing' quite so well when the avg building is so low to the ground.
As such, I'll be posting my Wolverine build shortly. (And his background doesn't really need that much changing.. Mystery is always mystery... though the Adamantine would have to be explained with magic instead of science, I think...

OR, here's a strange idea...
According to Wolverine's history, he was actually alive in 1889.. younger and minus the adamantine. And there's the fact that he's known to have travelled the world..
Maybe Wolverine was an Avenger before Captain America. ;)

Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer
I don't see why you couldn't use science really, if you wanted to. I think the problem area is the whole mutant/government project angle myself. I think that, personally, I'd go for something more like a "tortured by the evil Dr. Moreau" thing, and maybe play up the Canadian thing as a gold prospector.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...

Firestar was in there for awhile, it seems...she's kind of fun.

Or the Vision. He might be tricky to do in Victorian. Steampunk android?

The Fabulous Man of Tomorrow! Representing a Bolde Vision of What Is To Come!

HMMM

Jemal

Adventurer
Well, after Wolverine got amnesia(the first time), he spent several years as a Miner in BC... Maybe he then started travelling and was captured by *Insert Mad Scientist/magician here*, who did experiments on him, transmuting his skeleton into a nigh-indestructible metal before the 'wolverine' managed to escape, eventualy being found by other members of the 'avengers' and re-civilized (a bit) wherupon he joined the team out of gratitude and a sense of wanting to belong somewhere.
Their reason for letting him could be the same as the original reason the New Avengers allowed him in.. "I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice"

Remove ads