• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marvel Avengers, 1889 [Full]

Necro_Kinder

First Post
Santa Maria! I have not been online as of late and have just been alerted to the presence of this game. Is there any room left? I was thinking perhaps Ronin (the Clint Barton version), a samurai in England after the Americans have destroyed his way of life. Or, as no one else has claimed him, Iron Man. Probably an updated Marvel 1602 version. Maybe with possible ties to Nikola Tesla?

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
I'd be happy to stand aside for Herr Kinder to play if the game is, indeed, full (and it appears to be). I'm already in an M&M game that he was not chosen for... figure it'd be only fair. :)

James Heard

Explorer
I'll step aside too. After seeing the roster and the characters proposed I'm fairly certain this won't be my cup of tea no matter how cool the idea sounds. Anyways, it sounds like it will be lots of fun and everyone have a great game!

Karl Green

First Post
Necro_Kinder said:
Santa Maria! I have not been online as of late and have just been alerted to the presence of this game. Is there any room left? I was thinking perhaps Ronin (the Clint Barton version), a samurai in England after the Americans have destroyed his way of life. Or, as no one else has claimed him, Iron Man. Probably an updated Marvel 1602 version. Maybe with possible ties to Nikola Tesla?

Blind Azathoth said:
I'd be happy to stand aside for Herr Kinder to play if the game is, indeed, full (and it appears to be). I'm already in an M&M game that he was not chosen for... figure it'd be only fair. :)

Well if James Heard is not going to play, then yes for sure. Otherwise how about a say tenative and I see how the team shakes out... and I will try to squeeze everyone in

Karl Green

First Post
Shayuri said:
Hmm...

Firestar was in there for awhile, it seems...she's kind of fun.

Or the Vision. He might be tricky to do in Victorian. Steampunk android?

The Fabulous Man of Tomorrow! Representing a Bolde Vision of What Is To Come!

HMMM

the_myth said:
so many possibilities!

Clockwork mechanical man. Golem. Living statue. Frankenstein's monster rip-off!

There could be a TON of what to do up the Vision, I like a lot of these :)

Karl Green

First Post
Redclaw said:
With Jemal going Wolvy and Hero going Hulk, doesn't that leave us a bit melee heavy? Should I look at someone with a few more ranged options? I could easily go Hawkeye (works well with a Victorian take on Robin Hood) or the missing Iron Man.

It is totally up to you, but it has always seem to me that the Avengers are pretty melee heavy but I do indeed like Hawkeye and Iron Man alot also :)

If you want help with the Black Knight's sword and horse I can help you there also. Note the Horse I would treat as a Sidekick. Each rank of the Feat Sidekick you take, gives the horse 5 power points. PL is just less then yours. I would not give it more then 2 or 3 ranks of flight though.

As for the Sword I have a few ideas, depending on if you are still interested.

EDIT: ops 5pts a rank for sidekick... read that wrong :eek:

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Jemal said:
[sblock=Wolverine]
WOLVERINE, AKA James Logan.

First Draft, I'm 2 points over, but put in a 'proposed drawback' that may or may not be accepted and give me more points, at the GM's discretion.

Hmm let me look over the rules first, and I will let you know, but it is not to unreasonable

Otherwise looks good

James Heard

Explorer
ol...what's wrong with the roster?

I dunno. For one when I was statting up Strange at first I was going for reaaaal low key, and really subtle and slow on the magic even, since he was gearing to be more like Sherlock Strange rather than Four Color. The other characters though, at least some of them, seem fairly faithful adaptations of the modern equivalents. That would especially be a notable issue with Strange being the World's Sorcerer Supreme and clearly outclassed by the Scarlet Witch.

Strange has always been a kind of an outsider Avenger anyways, compared to the folks wearing tight pants. I suppose I was sort of thinking in my head when I first saw this proposed that the ah, tight pants would come off, so to speak. I'm not getting that vibe though, and with other people wanting to be here more than me any longer...

Anyways, everyone have a great time! :D

Remove ads