Marvel Avengers, 1889 [Full]

Elric

First Post
OK, now that the fight's over: Karl, you know that Thunderball could have used the long-range version of Teleport as a full-action to go essentially anywhere on Earth (as long as he could perceive the place or was familiar with it), right? So he could have fled back to their hideout in London, presumably, instead of just 1100 feet away. Was not having him do that a conscious decision, or did you just forget? :)

Karl Green

First Post
OH I totally know that AND while is is SMART he does not normally use that power AND I don't want all the badguys to always get away ;) hehe

So yea, I wanted you to have a chance to get him, and next round he was going to use the long range version (as it was to last the rest of the battle)

Thinking about it, I might also have to post a re-cap...

Karl Green

First Post
Oh, and you can look at the Wrecking Crew over in the RG if you want. I have ONE more group to post up there that I keep forgetting... but they will not come until later ;)

Elric

First Post
Karl Green said:
OH I totally know that AND while is is SMART he does not normally use that power AND I don't want all the badguys to always get away ;) hehe

So yea, I wanted you to have a chance to get him, and next round he was going to use the long range version (as it was to last the rest of the battle)

By the rules, a power stunt you gain as an instant is one-use only. See http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=17700&highlight=

However, I think it would be a totally reasonable house rule that if you gain an instant power stunt and don't switch back to another power in the array, you can keep using the power you stunted until you switch to something else. Otherwise it makes people more reluctant to power stunt instant powers, even though it's often very thematically appropriate.

For HP: I think Captain Britania has 3 HP. Do you want us to tell you what we're spending our 1 PP on if we do so? I might spend it on increasing some of my skills- 1 to Acrobatics, 1 to Diplomacy and 2 to Sense Motive.

Karl Green

First Post
Elric said:
By the rules, a power stunt you gain as an instant is one-use only. See http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=17700&highlight=

However, I think it would be a totally reasonable house rule that if you gain an instant power stunt and don't switch back to another power in the array, you can keep using the power you stunted until you switch to something else. Otherwise it makes people more reluctant to power stunt instant powers, even though it's often very thematically appropriate.

For HP: I think Captain Britania has 3 HP. Do you want us to tell you what we're spending our 1 PP on if we do so? I might spend it on increasing some of my skills- 1 to Acrobatics, 1 to Diplomacy and 2 to Sense Motive.

Yes if you are going to spend your XP, please let me know what you are spending it on...

Hmm, yea Teleport is an Instant power, so I guess by the rules it would be that way... I was thinking about Flight, etc which generally would last an encounter and all... hmm. Oh well

Karl Green

First Post
Redclaw said:
Justice- Investigate +11 for a 15 . Ouch, poor roll. Oh well.

Note that normally you would make a Search roll first to look for the clues and then an Investigate roll to figure out the clues (see M&M pg49) :D

Now when you open the crates you will see stuff that I will describe in the IC (no Search roll required), but you will want to also "look for any clues" to use your Investigate with

Karl Green

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Give me a few minutes with them," Black Widow suggests with a sultry smile.

"I will have them telling everything they know."

Despite the seemingly sinister tone of her words, those on the team know what she's talking about. Her pheromones tend to have men eating out of her hand...sooner or later.

If you want to make any type of Roll for Black Widow you can... depending on what you might want to try...

Shayuri

First Post
Yar...I wasn't sure how it worked...

Will save DC is only 12 though, so even mooks probably have a good chance to resist.

I'll use some sosh skills to help it along.

Redclaw

First Post
Karl Green said:
Note that normally you would make a Search roll first to look for the clues and then an Investigate roll to figure out the clues (see M&M pg49) :D

Now when you open the crates you will see stuff that I will describe in the IC (no Search roll required), but you will want to also "look for any clues" to use your Investigate with
That makes sense. I hadn't looked closely enough at the skill description. I'll edit my post with the search roll.

Remove ads