• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marvel, Star Wars and now Indiana Jones

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I do not know. Maybe Paizo's iconics have potential, their setting certainly does.

The biggest hurdle I see for Disney buying D&D is Hasbro. I'm not sure they like to sell IPs.

I do not know. Maybe Paizo's iconics have potential, their setting certainly does.

The biggest hurdle I see for Disney buying D&D is Hasbro. I'm not sure they like to sell IPs.
Having material with potential didn't stop a bad D&D movie from being made. I don't see why it would stop a bad Paizo movie.

Since when? Last I heard they were going at it in the courts with the company that made that vile piece of trash that had Marlon Wayne in it.

Last edited:

sabrinathecat

Explorer
There are two very good reasons to see the first D&D movie.
1: Tom Baker
2: to see a Wayans brother tortured and killed.

Disneyland has the Indiana Jones Ride, why not buy the franchise rights from Lucasfilm. Oh, they own Lucasfilm. So it's really just a matter of getting any rights away from Spielberg. Again, not a challenge--I'm sure after that last debacle, he doesn't ever want to work with George again either.

Actually, it's pretty much the same thing as recently as September.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...versals-dungeons-624475?mobile_redirect=false

There is another thread here at ENworld that is discussing this. Maybe one of the mods or other members who knows which thread it is can link it. They might have some updates about it there.

In any case, Paizo is far less likely to get a movie made. They don't have the name recognition that D&D has with the general public. I mean, even people that don't play, our have never played D&D, have heard about it. It gets referenced in t.v., movies, and other media. Yes, usually as a joke about some person being a nerd/geek, but at least it's referenced. Oathfinder doesn't have that. At least not yet. If they by some muscle get a movie deal, it's going to be on ascy-fi channel budget, and it'll make the D&D movie already to be a work of art by comparison.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
D&D already beat them to it as the 3rd D&D film was a syfy lame flick.

Yeah, Paizo getting a movie deal or getting bought by Disney is pretty low.

Remove ads