• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marvel Studios’ Secret Invasion | New Official Trailer | Disney+

Damn, bad writing disappoints me.

Rhodey: Ha ha, the only way to out me is to shoot me.

Fury: Actually mother fusher, we're in a hospital. Get me a syringe. I've seen The Thing. Hell, get me a pair of scissors and clip some of your so called hair. Y'know what, screw it. shoots Rhodey in the thigh like Olivia Colman does thirty seconds later

---

Pagon: Why won't you kill Fury?

Gravik: Because he has something we need.

Pagon: Why are you having us kill his wife, then?

Gravik: Because she wouldn't kill Fury when I told her to!

Ryujin

Legend

Fury: Actually mother fusher, we're in a hospital. Get me a syringe. I've seen The Thing. Hell, get me a pair of scissors and clip some of your so called hair. Y'know what, screw it. shoots Rhodey in the thigh like Olivia Colman does thirty seconds later

---

Yeah, it's really not wowing me. This episode landed better for me than the previous ones, but I still noted the incongruities that that one. It's either just bad writing, or they're trying to make Gravik look Chaotic Evil.

briggart

Adventurer

---

My favorite from this episode:

"Why don't you call the avengers?"
"Because if I can't stop an alien threat using the powers given to me by the fact that I am married man who was raised from a mother, there is no way that the superheroes group I put together to specifically defeat alien threats will be able to defeat this alien threat."

"Okay Fury, but what about Sam Wilson? He doesn't have superpowers, and he has a mom too. Can we get him on board? Golly, I think Hawkeye doesn't have superpowers either. No, not him; his squire or whatever. I'm sure little lady Hawk has a mom. Oh, and Natasha's little sister. Quite adorable. I've actually met her mother. And while we're on the topic of you making bad choices, why ever am I here alone? I could have brought a whole bevy of spies and snipers with me."

Stalker0

Legend
My favorite from this episode:

"Why don't you call the avengers?"
"Because if I can't stop an alien threat using the powers given to me by the fact that I am married man who was raised from a mother, there is no way that the superheroes group I put together to specifically defeat alien threats will be able to defeat this alien threat."
So its the dumbest reason....but I have to at least acknowledge its a reason. Unlike the dozen other marvel movies where you would normally call in the big guns and no one even mentions the idea.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So its the dumbest reason....but I have to at least acknowledge its a reason. Unlike the dozen other marvel movies where you would normally call in the big guns and no one even mentions the idea.

Yeah even if they just had a former SHIELD agent be called in to help but turn out to be a Skrull it would have been a bit more rational why Fury wouldn’t trust his friends, but nope his only ally seems to be Olivia Coleman.

Iirc Wasn’t Bobbi Morse suppose to be in Europe after leaving Agents of SHIELD?

Yeah even if they just had a former SHIELD agent be called in to help but turn out to be a Skrull it would have been a bit more rational why Fury wouldn’t trust his friends, but nope his only ally seems to be Olivia Coleman.

Iirc Wasn’t Bobbi Morse suppose to be in Europe after leaving Agents of SHIELD?
Yeah, let someone from Agents of SHIELD cameo and be a Skrull. Or just lower the stakes a bit, where instead of assassinating the president and provoking a nuclear war, Gravik's people are just taking over, like, Belarus so they can have a nation state whose power they control entirely, as step one of an eventual global domination plot.

And instead of multiple high up people already being body snatched, the threat might be that the Skrulls are trying to grab a VIP.

You don't call in Valkyrie or Hulk for that. Maybe you call Val to let her know that her ex-husband turned out to be a Skrull.

And then part way through the season Rhodey is revealed to be a Skrull, and you discover, oh crap, it's actually so much deeper than just a local infiltration of one country. If the Skrulls pull off their plan in Belarus, they can launch a few ICBMs, and Rhodey is close enough to the president to impersonate him and order a retaliatory strike, which will trigger a global nuclear war. But that plan? You don't know that's Gravik's plan until the end of episode 5.

Kaodi

Hero
What if Secret Invasion is actually... bad?

Also: Why did they go with the choice of the US President treating the entire Earth as the personal property of him and the US? Like, what the Hell is up with that? Is the writer a moron, an American chauvinist, or does it serve an actual purpose later?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads