Marvel Studios’ Secret Invasion | New Official Trailer | Disney+

Hussar

Legend
Yes.

Secret Invasion isn’t bad because it’s gritty or morally complex.

Secret Invasion is bad because it sucks.
That's fair. I didn't think it sucked. But, then, my bar for entertainment is REALLY low. I'm not terribly fussed too often, so, I'm probably not the right person to ask. My basic level is, did I enjoy it? Were the characters so stupid that it became painful to watch? (Walking Dead I'm looking at you) No? Then it's good enough.

Then again, I watched Quantumania the other day and thought it was fun. DIdn't see how it was all that different from Gaurdians of the Galaxy 3 to be honest. Yet, I'm told over and over again that Quantumania is total drek and GOG3 is fantastic. :erm: I dunno. Maybe I'm just a really soft touch. Could be.

Zardnaar

Legend
And which has been shown to have limited, if any, effectiveness. I'm thinking back to WWII when German soldiers, who were captured by The Allies, were "interrogated" over cigarettes and coffee, to great effect.

Gestapo had a different approach think I read they broke around 90%. French resistance paid that price.

There's two approaches but when you don't do the nice way you need to go full unrestrained.

That's fair. I didn't think it sucked. But, then, my bar for entertainment is REALLY low. I'm not terribly fussed too often, so, I'm probably not the right person to ask. My basic level is, did I enjoy it? Were the characters so stupid that it became painful to watch? (Walking Dead I'm looking at you) No? Then it's good enough.

Then again, I watched Quantumania the other day and thought it was fun. DIdn't see how it was all that different from Gaurdians of the Galaxy 3 to be honest. Yet, I'm told over and over again that Quantumania is total drek and GOG3 is fantastic. :erm: I dunno. Maybe I'm just a really soft touch. Could be.

I agree with you on Quantumania. I watched it and enjoyed it a lot and did not see hardly any of the supposed negatives the internet hysteria claimed was wrong with it.

And I liked Secret Invasion. No, it was not a top tier D+ show, but I still enjoyed it enough that I do not regret watching it. I also cannot stand the British Spy TV genre, so I am glad it was only sort of similar to that.

Hussar

Legend
I agree with you on Quantumania. I watched it and enjoyed it a lot and did not see hardly any of the supposed negatives the internet hysteria claimed was wrong with it.

And I liked Secret Invasion. No, it was not a top tier D+ show, but I still enjoyed it enough that I do not regret watching it. I also cannot stand the British Spy TV genre, so I am glad it was only sort of similar to that.
Pretty much my take.

Bubblegum movies are ... well... bubblegum. Is it a work of art? Nope. But, it was a fun show that kept me watching. Good enough for me.

Stalker0

Legend
Pretty much my take.

Bubblegum movies are ... well... bubblegum. Is it a work of art? Nope. But, it was a fun show that kept me watching. Good enough for me.
yeah I'll agree with this. Quantum-mania isn't really bad, its just really not good. Its exceedingly meh.

Its lowest points are anything involving Modok (they got him just so terribly wrong), and the simple fact that Michelle Pfiefer had a HUGE secret with kang that she didn't bother to share creating the entire movie to begin with. And those points are pretty low, but if you ignore that than yeah its just a couple of hours spent on something I won't really remember all that well.

MGibster

Legend
A spy thriller with morally ambiguous characters? The hell you say.

Color me shocked
The series as a whole was rather flat.
Because Marvel can only ever be one thing and one thing only? Daredevil, Punisher, and many others would like to talk.
Secret Invasion isn't bad because it has morally ambiguous characters or can be used to justify torture, it's just not a very good show. If this didn't have the Marvel name attached to it I doubt we'd even be talking about it.

pukunui

Legend
and the simple fact that Michelle Pfiefer had a HUGE secret with kang that she didn't bother to share creating the entire movie to begin with.
The way I rationalize it is that the unraveling of the sacred timeline in Loki changed Janet's time in the quantum realm. Prior to Loki, there was no secret because anything involving a Kang was being suppressed. That's probably not how Feige planned it, but that's how I make sense of it. (That's also how I make sense of why Thor never thinks of going to Omnipotence City before Love and Thunder.)

Hussar

Legend
I solve the problem by just not asking too many questions. I don’t get why people start scratching at tropes. The comic books are every bit as ludicrous as the movies. Doesn’t so much as faze me.

I guess I just don’t enjoy poking holes in stuff when I know all that’s going to do is make me not enjoy something.

I’d rather just sit back and enjoy.

Remove ads