Marvel Studios’ Secret Invasion | New Official Trailer | Disney+

Ryujin

Legend
She's on Fury's side and he also took part in torturing a Skrull. Like the television show 24, it seems as though one of the messages is that it's okay to torture suspected terrorist. Which, as the yutes like to say, is problematic.
And which has been shown to have limited, if any, effectiveness. I'm thinking back to WWII when German soldiers, who were captured by The Allies, were "interrogated" over cigarettes and coffee, to great effect.

nevin

Hero
And which has been shown to have limited, if any, effectiveness. I'm thinking back to WWII when German soldiers, who were captured by The Allies, were "interrogated" over cigarettes and coffee, to great effect.
True history. during WW2 allied military and intelligence went all in on torture. after getting mostly bad intelligence because tortured people tell you whatever they think you want to hear to stop the torgure, they let the other groups with better track records with criminals, take over and show them how to actually get intelligence from capture spies and soldiers. Turns out actually acting like a human being gets you better intelligence.

nevin

Hero
If you’re referring to Olivia Colman’s character, I’m not sure I would classify her as a ‘good guy’.
If they were going to have her go that far they should have dilineated just how messed up and horrible she was instead of setting her up as the next skrull commander and trying to get us to feel sorry for her in any way. That was the point in the show when I just wanted her dead and gone so the plot could move on from stupid.

Hussar

Legend
fixed that for you.
Please don't do that. It's poor form.

But, again, how is this a superhero show? It's most distinctly not. Even to the point where Fury deliberately refuses to call in the superheros to fix the problems.

And, in any case, a morally ambiguous superhero show? Naw, that would never work. No one would ever watch a superhero show with moral ambiguity. That's just not...

Remove ads