Marvel Studios’ Secret Invasion | New Official Trailer | Disney+

Hussar

Legend
And a 60’s MCU? No thanks. Let’s watch an entirely white cast beat up on whomever?

Pass.

We’ve already done the 60’s x men. Just had what four movies? Five? Don’t think it needs redoing.

I dunno. I’m liking most of the stories. Just watched Quantumania and I have no idea what the problem was. Loki is very cool. Hawkeye was great. Ms Marvel was fun. Didn’t like Eternals or Wakanda Forever very much. But there’s lots of earlier mcu movies I don’t care for.

It’s hit more than missed for me.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
You think between Eternals, Inhumans and now Skrulls, that that isn’t going to change?

I suppose with Chitauri, Elfs, Skrull and Celestials being known to the general public as potential invaders that is going to be an issue. Inhumans = mutants for all intents and purposes, so treated like the hulk?

Were the Eternals identified as alien to the general public? or do they like the Egyptian Ennead and Wakandan Bast retain their Mythic background (which with the people of Ta-Lo, Noor an Kun-Lun arent quite Aliens)

Hussar

Legend
I suppose with Chitauri, Elfs, Skrull and Celestials being known to the general public as potential invaders that is going to be an issue. Inhumans = mutants for all intents and purposes, so treated like the hulk?

Were the Eternals identified as alien to the general public? or do they like the Egyptian Ennead and Wakandan Bast retain their Mythic background (which with the people of Ta-Lo, Noor an Kun-Lun arent quite Aliens)

Isn’t there like an island sized celestial rising out of the ocean? I don’t think folks are going to make much distinction.

pukunui

Legend
I decided to watch this after all. I’m halfway through so far.

Biggest surprise for me was that Fury was married (and to a Skrull).

Also, it would seem that the Skrulls gave up looking for a new home after only three years. (Fury recruits them as his spies and makes his ill-fated promise in 1998.)

Really enjoying Olivia Colman and Ben Mendelsohn.

nevin

Hero
it took me till about episode 4 to realize what was driving me crazy about invasion. it was Nick Fury going through a mid life crisis and refusing to call in hero's for help. Problem is Invasion was as big a story arc as Infinity war was. they just turned one of the best story arc marvel ever had into Nick Fury's mid life crisis. At no time in the entire set did he ever act like Nick fury. he was never prepared, He refused to call in backup. His female counterpart was far more Nick Fury than he was. No surprise to me that it didn't do well. It was so full of bad plot decisions that it killed itself.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
it took me till about episode 4 to realize what was driving me crazy about invasion. it was Nick Fury going through a mid life crisis and refusing to call in hero's for help. Problem is Invasion was as big a story arc as Infinity war was. they just turned one of the best story arc marvel ever had into Nick Fury's mid life crisis. At no time in the entire set did he ever act like Nick fury. he was never prepared, He refused to call in backup. His female counterpart was far more Nick Fury than he was. No surprise to me that it didn't do well. It was so full of bad plot decisions that it killed itself.

yep absolutely this is also my sad takeaway- hyper aware, hyper comptent Fury with a Network of helpful people to call in could have been challenged by a competent story - especially given the nature of the comic book story and the skill of the cast.

instead it was an incoherent, illogical mess

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Isn’t there like an island sized celestial rising out of the ocean? I don’t think folks are going to make much distinction.
I’ve always wondered about how our brains would process such incredibly large things - like the Nazca Lines and the Uffington Horse, when youre close to it, you only see the track ie its a peice of landscape. Only from the air do you see the whole form. Would Tiamut be similar? For all intents and purposes its a series of volcanic islands that just happens to look like a Robots head and arm emerging from the sea.

What would conspiracy theorist do in the MCU when theirtheories of ancient aliens and shape changing reptilian overlords are proving to be true

Ryujin

Legend
I’ve always wondered about how our brains would process such incredibly large things - like the Nazca Lines and the Uffington Horse, when youre close to it, you only see the track ie its a peice of landscape. Only from the air do you see the whole form. Would Tiamut be similar? For all intents and purposes its a series of volcanic islands that just happens to look like a Robots head and arm emerging from the sea.

What would conspiracy theorist do in the MCU when theirtheories of ancient aliens and shape changing reptilian overlords are proving to be true

pukunui

Legend
I couldn't sleep last night so I binged the whole thing. Now I can't help but wonder when Rhodey and Everett were taken. Were they Skrulls in disguise in any of their previous appearances? If so, which ones?

Also, why did the Skrulls need to keep everyone they replaced alive? That wasn't ever explained, even as Gi'ah discovered that giant cellar full of people lying in stasis near the end.

Yeah, it was hard watching tired, beat down, old Nick Fury. He certainly doesn't look that way in The Marvels trailers, so perhaps getting his wife back helps him recover his mojo?

Ryujin

Legend
I couldn't sleep last night so I binged the whole thing. Now I can't help but wonder when Rhodey and Everett were taken. Were they Skrulls in disguise in any of their previous appearances? If so, which ones?

Also, why did the Skrulls need to keep everyone they replaced alive? That wasn't ever explained, even as Gi'ah discovered that giant cellar full of people lying in stasis near the end.

Yeah, it was hard watching tired, beat down, old Nick Fury. He certainly doesn't look that way in The Marvels trailers, so perhaps getting his wife back helps him recover his mojo?
Presumably they were keeping them on ice so that they could access their memories, and be more convincing doubles. It should have been stated, outright, but I don't recall it ever being so.

Remove ads