• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Marvel Studios’ Secret Invasion | New Official Trailer | Disney+

Aha. OK. So the show does at least make brief mention of it. Thanks.

Are there any obvious lead-ins for The Marvels? Jackson has supposedly said that the two are connected in "interesting ways" and that the movie "couldn't have happened" without the show.

Fury said to Ritson that his actions had the makings of a one-term President, so that is aiming at the change to Ross as President in future movies. And the whole peace negotiations with the Kree is probably part of The Marvels. I have also seen theories that Captain America: Brave New World will have something to do with the consequences of Ritson's war on aliens.

My problem is that I enjoy shapeshifting and time travel hijinks only in small doses. If those are both a big part of the rest of Phase 5 and into Phase 6, I will be disappointed.

Kaodi

Hero
The level of Gravik's anger at humanity never made sense. He was going to exterminate 8 billion people because his people were homeless for 30 years? Like, dude, look at the number of stateless humans who have been hanging in there for even longer and stop being such a sucky baby.

Stalker0

Legend
The level of Gravik's anger at humanity never made sense. He was going to exterminate 8 billion people because his people were homeless for 30 years? Like, dude, look at the number of stateless humans who have been hanging in there for even longer and stop being such a sucky baby.
Gravik isn't angry at humanity per say, he simply believes that the only way for his people to have a home and be secure is to remove teh native species. Otherwise at some point the skrull will become too great a threat which will trigger a war with the humans.

And....he's probably right.

He's only truly "angry" at Fury

Although, doesn't the marvels actually take place before secret invasion?

I have heard rumors for both before and after. Supposedly, Maria Hill was going to appear in The Marvels, but her part was cut from the final film, which could be a result of the actual timeline order. Also, I fully expect The Marvels to jump forward in time as the movie progresses. So some of it will take place right after the end of WandaVision, when Monica is recruited/summoned to the space station. And the trailers have that moment where she is fan-girling over Fury. And then part of the movie directly connects to the end of Ms Marvel. And then anything dealing with the current Skrull situation and these peace talks would have to take place after Secret Invasion.

For the record, that is not how iodine pills work. You can't just pop them to negate radioactivity one after the other. You take them in order to get iodine in your thyroid so that way over the course of the next 24 hours , radioactive iodine cannot end up in your thyroid, which would end up eventually causing cancer.

They don't stop, like, broad tissue damage from being exposed to an intense radiation source.

For the record, that is not how iodine pills work. You can't just pop them to negate radioactivity one after the other. You take them in order to get iodine in your thyroid so that way over the course of the next 24 hours , radioactive iodine cannot end up in your thyroid, which would end up eventually causing cancer.

They don't stop, like, broad tissue damage from being exposed to an intense radiation source.
well, that does it...out or everything wrong with the show, this is it. That's the one thing that's made it so i will never watch it.

Ryujin

Legend

High enough dose and you could almost literally watch him fall apart.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

I’ll remember that next time I visit an abandoned nuclear reactor in Russia, thanks

Remove ads