Marvel Studios’ Secret Invasion | New Official Trailer | Disney+

Kaodi

Hero
I think a bunch of outlets are saying that G'iah is the strongest hero in the MCU and while that might be true I wonder if people are forgetting that her varied abilities may not be as strong as their source though her versatility would give her an edge over anyone. Like, if she relied only on Captain Marvel's powers in a fight with Captain Marvel I think she would be overpowered, that sort of thing. She probably also would lack as fine control over those abilities as in their original owner. If would be kinda boring if she was now as unstoppable as Peter and Sylar in Heroes.

Clint_L

Hero
Man, that series sucked. Not just in comparison to the original storyline in the comics, to which it bears almost no resemblance, but just as a television series. The plot is utterly nonsensical, there was no dramatic tension, the final battle was neither visually impressive nor had any emotional gravitas. Just bad, and by far the worst entry into the MCU thus far. And I write that having just seen Quantumania!

Marvel needs a time out. I know they won't take one because $$$, but they need one. They are creatively bankrupt right now.

And before folks jump on me: huge fan of the entire MCU run up to and including End Game (yes, even Iron Man 2 and Thor the Dark World), and several of the films since. Watched every film and every Disney+ series. Watched all the Netflix and cable series. Been reading their comics since childhood. If they've lost someone like me, that is not a good sign.

Stalker0

Legend
I think a bunch of outlets are saying that G'iah is the strongest hero in the MCU and while that might be true I wonder if people are forgetting that her varied abilities may not be as strong as their source though her versatility would give her an edge over anyone. Like, if she relied only on Captain Marvel's powers in a fight with Captain Marvel I think she would be overpowered, that sort of thing. She probably also would lack as fine control over those abilities as in their original owner. If would be kinda boring if she was now as unstoppable as Peter and Sylar in Heroes.
You ultimately might be right, but hot damn is she's not close. I mean she can combine the healing factors of several different heroes (including extremis), has physical might from hulk, thor, and captain marvel, and has the mental whammy of Mantis.

To create a being with such incredible power and then just kind of have her "oh you go over here now", just feels very anti-climactic.

Hussar

Legend
This was a send off story for Fury. Passing the baton as it were. I enjoyed it. Was it fantastic? Nope. But it was fun to watch.

And it’s also setting up the next stories as well. The whole “we hate aliens” which is going to morph into “we hate everyone different “ is pretty easy to predict.

Meh. It was a long movie. It was watchable and entertaining. I don’t really expect much more.

Clint_L

Hero
And it’s also setting up the next stories as well. The whole “we hate aliens” which is going to morph into “we hate everyone different “ is pretty easy to predict.
I fear that you are right but really hope that you are wrong.

I would love for them to reboot the MCU entirely. Go to an alternate universe, and set it in the early 1960s. Start with the Fantastic Four, then give us the original X-Men. The current MCU is an unwieldy mess.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
This was a send off story for Fury. Passing the baton as it were. I enjoyed it. Was it fantastic? Nope. But it was fun to watch.

Meh. It was a long movie. It was watchable and entertaining. I don’t really expect much more.
We hate aliens - except those fun loving Asgardians settled in in Norway

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Man, that series sucked. Not just in comparison to the original storyline in the comics, to which it bears almost no resemblance, but just as a television series. The plot is utterly nonsensical, there was no dramatic tension, the final battle was neither visually impressive nor had any emotional gravitas. Just bad, and by far the worst entry into the MCU thus far. And I write that having just seen Quantumania!

Marvel needs a time out. I know they won't take one because $$$, but they need one. They are creatively bankrupt right now.

And before folks jump on me: huge fan of the entire MCU run up to and including End Game (yes, even Iron Man 2 and Thor the Dark World), and several of the films since. Watched every film and every Disney+ series. Watched all the Netflix and cable series. Been reading their comics since childhood. If they've lost someone like me, that is not a good sign.
I kinda liked Iron Man 2, this I’d rank down with IM3 which was also all extremis and no substance, Dork World sits in the chais at the bottom of the barrel
Go to an alternate universe, and set it in the early 1960s. Start with the Fantastic Four, then give us the original X-Men. The current MCU is an unwieldy mess.
now that would be very kinda cool - a whole new MCU in the 1960s

Remove ads