Marvel Studios’ Secret Invasion | New Official Trailer | Disney+

pukunui

Legend
Presumably they were keeping them on ice so that they could access their memories, and be more convincing doubles. It should have been stated, outright, but I don't recall it ever being so.
That would certainly make sense. However, the scene in episode 1 where 'Brogan' takes on the identity of the kidnapped American suggests otherwise to me. Gravik's #2 tells 'Brogan' to first take the American's face then his mind, which he appears to download by touching the man's head. He isn't shown coming back for more memories later, so ... I dunno.

And since Gravik wants to kill all the humans, why leave these ones alive?

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
I thought G'iah says it in one of the episodes that they keep them alive to access their memories. Or is that just something my weird brain added in?

It's a pretty common trope. Actually, thinking about it, it's a common trope in comic books and SF and both have become so mainstream now that simply seeing people hooked up like that makes me automatically assume that that's what's happening.

Ryujin

Legend
I thought G'iah says it in one of the episodes that they keep them alive to access their memories. Or is that just something my weird brain added in?

It's a pretty common trope. Actually, thinking about it, it's a common trope in comic books and SF and both have become so mainstream now that simply seeing people hooked up like that makes me automatically assume that that's what's happening.
You may well be right on that. Admittedly, my attention started to wander a bit, as the show didn't really give anything to hold my attention.

MGibster

Legend
I would love for them to reboot the MCU entirely. Go to an alternate universe, and set it in the early 1960s. Start with the Fantastic Four, then give us the original X-Men. The current MCU is an unwieldy mess.

Just like the comics!

I didn't particularly care for this series, and I only finished it because I needed something on while I was working on painting some miniatures. I'll go ahead and say it, was nobody else a bit bothered about the good guys torturing sentient beings?

MGibster

Legend
If you’re referring to Olivia Colman’s character, I’m not sure I would classify her as a ‘good guy’.
She's on Fury's side and he also took part in torturing a Skrull. Like the television show 24, it seems as though one of the messages is that it's okay to torture suspected terrorist. Which, as the yutes like to say, is problematic.

Remove ads