Marvel's Avengers Forever (w/Exiles spin)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Kevin Perrine said:
Are you still recruiting Keia?
I'd dig trying to play (while running the Ultimate Secret Wars)...

Kev,

'Course, I'm still recruiting. :) I'm looking for plenty of options to go with Cap, Sandman, and Moon Knight. I like all of the ideas, though Vision or Mr. Immortal may be the best of that group to fit with the others.

Everyone,

Keep the ideas coming!!

Keia

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Keia said:
Trust me - it won't be dull. The variation you have is to select the character from any point in his Avengers history. For you choices you could have Falcon, the token avenger ordered to the team by Henry Gyrich, or a Triathalon who still believes in the Triun way.

Regardless, I am allowing for very slight variations - think of the variations from the comics to the movie for Spiderman, or for the base to the Ultimate version [of which neither of you characters would apply - for the ultimate example as they don't have ultimate corrolaries as yet].

Keia

I would like the Falcon, but with some adjustments to his background and some tweaks to his powers. Nothing too dramatic. For example, I'm not planning on turning the Falcon into a white guy who can shapeshift into a bird. :D

Should I email my ideas to you, or post them here?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Mark Chance said:
Should I email my ideas to you, or post them here?

You can email me at keia1980 at yahoo dot com. Hopefully that will fool the e-mail search engines.

You can give me the details here too, but if you want some of it under the radar . . .

Keia

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Mr. Immortal

Keia said:
Kev,
'Course, I'm still recruiting. :) I'm looking for plenty of options to go with Cap, Sandman, and Moon Knight. I like all of the ideas, though Vision or Mr. Immortal may be the best of that group to fit with the others.

Great... here's some of my notes...
What do I need to do from here?

thanks
-kev-

Mr. Immortal:
Craig Hollis (aka. Mr. I)
I'm imagining taking him further on the ideas that are presented in his character from comics. Basically with the personality of a genuinely nice guy that's looking to help others (a people pleaser), but because of this need to help others he also believes that he's the BEST suited to run the team, direct others and lead...
I would totally LOVE to roleplay the minor conflict with Captain America (not in a bad/negative way) because we all KNOW Cap should be the leader, but if Craig thinks something should be one way to protect "his" team he'd likely mention it... :)

Mr. Immortal is the leader of the Great Lakes Avengers. He has the ability to come back to life from any imaginable death that he suffers. It usually takes about 10 minutes for him to completely recover. This gives him the courage to try lots of daring stunts and so he is always willing to put his life on the line for the rest of the team. One side effect of his ability, is that when he comes back, he becomes very angry, and it is usually up to Dinah Soar to calm him down.

My Notes...
"The Many Deaths of Mr. I"
Gun Shots, Falling off a building, Radiation Poisoning, Squashed by Terminus, Burned by the Human Torch, Shot by Deadpool, Blown up by Deadpool, Squashed by Graviton

his appearances:
West Coast Avengers vol. II #46 (7/89)
Avengers #309 (11/89)
Avengers West Coast #48 (9/89)
Avengers West Coast #49 (10/89)
Avengers #313 (1/90)
Avengers West Coast #55 (2/90)
Avengers West Coast #60 (7/90)
Avengers Annual #19 (1990)
Avengers West Coast #64 (11/90)
Quasar #18 (1/91)
Avengers West Coast #69 (4/91)
Avengers West Coast Annual #6 (1991)
Deadpool vol. II #10 (11/97)
Deadpool vol. II #11 (12/97)
Thunderbolts #15 (6/98)
Thunderbolts #16 (7/98)
Thunderbolts #17 (8/98)
Thunderbolts #25 (4/99)
Deadpool vol. II #50 (3/01)
Deadpool vol. II #61 (2/02)
JLA/Avengers #3 (12/03)
JLA/Avengers #4 (03/04)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I've added Mark Chance to the list of players. He will be playing Falcon.

Congratulations! Look forward to having you aboard.

Still looking and considering. There's still time to get into this game!!

Keia

Mimic

First Post
Let me know if this is ok

HERO NAME: The Incredible Hulk
QUOTE: Hulk Smash puny humans
BASE OF OPERATIONS: New Mexico
PERSONALITY: Banner - quiet, reserved, introverted, consumed with science. Hulk - Raging force of destruction
BASIC POWERS & TACTICS: Smash it until it stops moving.
BACKGROUND:
Robert Bruce Banner was the son of Dr. Brian Banner, an atomic scientist, and his wife Rebecca. Although Rebecca deeply loved Bruce, who returned her affection, Brian hated the child. Possibly an alcoholic, Brian Banner was driven by an insane jealousy of Bruce for being an object of Rebecca's love. Brian Banner finally murdered Rebecca and was placed in a mental hospital. Bruce, a highly withdrawn, intellectual youth, was raised by his aunt, Mrs. Drake, and internalized his great pain and rage over his childhood sufferings.

Eventually, as an adult and a genius in nuclear physics, Banner went to work at a United States Defense Department nuclear research facility at Desert Base, New Mexico. There Banner met General Thaddeus E. "Thunderbolt" Ross, the Air Force officer in command of the base, and his daughter Betty. Banner and Betty Ross eventually fell in love with each other. Banner designed and oversaw construction of the "gamma bomb" or "G-bomb," a nuclear weapon that had a high gamma radiation output.

Banner was present in the instrumentation bunker at the test site for the first underground test detonation of the gamma bomb. Observing that a civilian had breached security and entered the restricted test area, Banner told his colleague Igor Starsky to delay the countdown while he tried to get the civilian to safety, Starsky, secretly a Soviet agent, did nothing, confident that Banner would die in the explosion, bringing the project to a halt. Reaching the civilian, a teenager named Rick Jones, Banner threw him into a protective trench. Before Banner could get himself to safety, the gamma-bomb detonated, and intense waves of radiation reached the surface. Banner was irradiated with highly charged, radioactive particles. Due to an unknown genetic factor in his body, Banner was not killed by the radiation, which instead caused him to transform frequently into the vastly powerful, green-skinned named "the Hulk" by the military present at the test site.

For a surprisingly long time Banner managed to conceal the fact that he was the Hulk, but his secret inevitably became public knowledge. For years Banner wandered the world as a hunted fugitive, cursed by his recurring transformations into the bestial Hulk.

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Keia said:
I've added Mark Chance to the list of players. He will be playing Falcon.

Congratulations! Look forward to having you aboard.

Still looking and considering. There's still time to get into this game!!

Keia

Not interested in my choices? :)
[Gray Hulk, IronMan, Vision, or Mr. Immortal...
I could also dig: Quasar, Starfox or the original Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)]

any of those would be fine with me..

Or do I need to do something else for you?
just let me know...

thanks
-kev-

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Kevin Perrine said:
Not interested in my choices?
[Gray Hulk, IronMan, Vision, or Mr. Immortal...

Naah, I didn't say that. I'm still weighing my options. I like Mr. Immortal, though I think you and I will need to talk about powers. There are persistent rumors that he has variable powers each time he returns.

Is that the way you see it, would you be alright with that?

Keia

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Keia said:
Naah, I didn't say that. I'm still weighing my options. I like Mr. Immortal, though I think you and I will need to talk about powers. There are persistent rumors that he has variable powers each time he returns.

Is that the way you see it, would you be alright with that?

Keia

Variable?
I haven't heard that at all...
I was thinking the only real "powers" he has are:
- Riencarnation
- possibly Regeneration as an extra
- Amazing Saves: Damage

and maybe some other minor things...

-kev-

Remove ads