Marvel's Avengers Forever (w/Exiles spin)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Kevin Perrine said:
Variable?
I haven't heard that at all...
I was thinking the only real "powers" he has are:
- Riencarnation
- possibly Regeneration as an extra
- Amazing Saves: Damage

Yeah, actually there is talk (because I can't find the source . . .grrr) that he came back with a different set of powers each time he returned. The reincarnate, regenerate, etc. are there every time.

Keia

Kevin Perrine

First Post
Keia said:
Yeah, actually there is talk (because I can't find the source . . .grrr) that he came back with a different set of powers each time he returned. The reincarnate, regenerate, etc. are there every time.

Keia

I've checked sources online, and a few RPGs with him in them and he's never had that type ability.
I actually don't like that if it's true, so I'd play him without it at an earlier time in his career or play someone else altogether...

-kev-

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Kevin Perrine said:
I've checked sources online, and a few RPGs with him in them and he's never had that type ability.
I actually don't like that if it's true, so I'd play him without it at an earlier time in his career or play someone else altogether...

-kev-

Nah, that's fine - I think he's much more straight forward your way and would rather have him as you described.

Keia

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
As a side note, I think you're thinking of DC's Mitch Shelly, the Resurrection Man, who does a similar thing but does come back with different powers in addition to his reincarnation.

I'd be interested in playing, but I'm afraid I don't actually know that many Avengers/Former Avengers characters. My first thought would be to play Quicksilver, since I like speedsters, and then Thor, since he's always been one of my favourites since watching the old cartoon series. How's that sound as some more possibilities?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Mimic said:
Let me know if this is ok

HERO NAME: The Incredible Hulk

Mimic,

I've decided that I'm not going to use Hulk in the start of the game (which will have a good bit of dialogue you may want to participate in) so I wanted to give you another character shot.

Keep to current or former avengers (even reserves or honorary) within the last 3-5 years of comics.

Keia

Mimic

First Post
Keia said:
Mimic,

I've decided that I'm not going to use Hulk in the start of the game (which will have a good bit of dialogue you may want to participate in) so I wanted to give you another character shot.

Keep to current or former avengers (even reserves or honorary) within the last 3-5 years of comics.

Keia

Not a problem, saying "Hulk Smash" would be funny only so many times...

How about:

HERO NAME: The Vision
QUOTE:
BASE OF OPERATIONS: Avengers Mansion, New York City
PERSONALITY: He is a machine that longs to be human, he loves his wife and children and continues to try to become more human
BASIC POWERS & TACTICS: Density control, Depending on the situation he will either become super dense to absorb attacks or intengible to sneak around and take out key enemies
BACKGROUND:
The synthezoid Vision was created by the robot Ultron out of the time-displaced body of the original (Golden Age) Human Torch as well as the brain patterns of Wonder Man, who was thought to be deceased. Ultron sent Vision to attack the Avengers, but overcame Ultron's control and saved the Avengers from Ultron's trap. He remained with the Avengers ever since, being soon voted in as a member. As an Avenger, he met and eventually married the mutant called Scarlet Witch. They remained Avengers for a long time, but eventually retired to New Jersey.

They were later impressed into service to fight Annihilus' null-feild, which severely damaged the Vision's brain, and began a long period of recuperation under the guidance of ISSAC, the Eternal's supercomputer that maintained the entire moon of Titan, the Eternals' base. After he "got better," the Vision removed Ultron's control crystal still embedded in his brain, which eventually allowed his "humanity" to develop further. Soon after, though, he attempted a long-range covert plan to take over all the computers on Earth and govern Earth, similar to ISSAC's role on Titan. Although his motives were pure in intent, he eventually regained his better judgment and relinquished what control he had amassed.

The couple retired from duty once again, and the Scarlet Witch used a mixture of magic and her probability-manipulating powers to allow the couple to be able to bear children, and she gave birth to twins. Later, their house was burned by anti-mutant protestors, and the Vision and his family re-joined the Avengers in their West Coast branch.

Remove ads