Massive EN publishing $1 sale new server fundraiser! AKA "let's buy a new server!"

Treebore

First Post
Too bad you couldn't get some other business' to do some kind of joint sale with so much of the sales going to the new ENWorld server.

So, if you just want to donate and don't want the PDFs, I'd still rather you purchased stuff.
OK then I'll buy 50 copies of something.....no strings honest! :cool:

EDIT: sorry only 45 as you can't buy more than one copy of anything LOL
EDIT 2: Haha I found another 5!

However I think we can now start talking about the name change from ENWorld to .....M1.9P-World.......:devil:

Last edited:

Jack99

Adventurer
Okay, I bought all the PDF's that seemed to have a decent amount of fluff (and the chainmail bikini one, just for fun).

Quick question though, what kind of money do you need to get a top of the line server? $1000 $10.000? I have like no clue..

Agamon

Adventurer
Morrus said at CM that a couple grand would work, but the sky's the limit, the more he gets, the better for ENWorld.

So, Russ, does re-upping the CS account help here, or would that go towards regular site costs? (I guess it doesn't hurt, either way, just wondering)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
So, Russ, does re-upping the CS account help here, or would that go towards regular site costs? (I guess it doesn't hurt, either way, just wondering)

That's a good question and I think your instinct is correct that it all helps.

drothgery

First Post
Morrus said at CM that a couple grand would work, but the sky's the limit, the more he gets, the better for ENWorld.

I don't know what ENWorld needs for storage and networking (or support contracts), but a 2-socket/8-core server generally runs $2,000-$5,000 from Dell depending on configuration. And for web servers, you'd really buy more of them rather that moving to a 4-socket/16-core machine.

Remove ads