Massive EN publishing $1 sale new server fundraiser! AKA "let's buy a new server!"

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Ok, some questions.

I noticed when wish listing items, some are watermarked pdfs and other are zip files. Is thelisted file size for the actual pdf or the zip file? My computer is aging and has limited hard drive space. ...Which leads me to my next question. If and when I get a new computer, will there be anything stopping me from transferring these files to it?

As for the products, critter series is most interesting for me. Anyone have recommendations for some over the others? I'm not sure I need 6, and some seem a little more use limited than others. Jungle, wasteland, and evil outsider books looking to be the most useful for my games.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How long is the sale going for?

No planned end - I'm gonna keep plugging at it until we have a server.

Ok, some questions.

I noticed when wish listing items, some are watermarked pdfs and other are zip files. Is thelisted file size for the actual pdf or the zip file? My computer is aging and has limited hard drive space. ...Which leads me to my next question. If and when I get a new computer, will there be anything stopping me from transferring these files to it?

The file size is for the actual download - so if it's a zip file, it's the size of the zip file, if it's a non-zipped PDF, then it's the size of the PDF.

Nothing stops you transferring it anywhere you like.

Last edited:

Lazybones

Adventurer
If and when I get a new computer, will there be anything stopping me from transferring these files to it?

When I downloaded my files, the server said that I had 4 more downloads remaining. Assuming that it keeps your purchase information, you can redownload your purchases.

And I transferred my PDFs to a flash drive without difficulty, although I haven't tested them off a second computer. Maybe Morrus can clarify, but I think they're just watermarked, not loaded with DRM.

Is_907

First Post
Bought a PDF... sorry, i'm in a tight squeeze financially now (wife transitioning to a new job, starting new academic year at Uni...)
Want to buy the first WotBS adventure and might do that next week when I look at the cheque book again. ;)

This place deserves a better server-home.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Here are a couple of other ideas for fundraising...

An auction: maybe you could offer autographed books as an auction. The book itself could be anything: a set of the Metamorphosis novels, one, some, or all of the War of the Burning Sky books, etc.

Limited edition dice: maybe you could work with Chessex, and have them brew up a small batch of custom dice that you could sell. The price is fairly affordable, and can be done in batches as small as 10 dice.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

Remove ads