• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mature content

would you buy a new Mature Content D&D book?

• No, are you a freak?

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • No, I am not comfortable with these things in my games

Votes: 33 17.3%
  • No, think of the children

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Maybe, if it was well written

Votes: 115 60.2%
  • Yes, I really want to add these things to my game.

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Yes, I like to be a perv.

Votes: 20 10.5%
  • Can I subscribe to playtroll?

Votes: 12 6.3%

• Poll closed .

Farganger

First Post
On a more serious note, I want D&D books that are well written and, when appropriate to their content, cover mature material as needed. I don't mind if a book includes sex, heavy violence, gore, and other such topics. Incorporating such things, yes, please.

Do I want a book about such topics. No.

I find myself in perfect agreement with this.

Ktulu

First Post
Didn't have an option for "I add what mature content I and my players want in my games and don't require a book for that".

I bought Book of Vile Darkness and found it to be wanting. Even most of the monsters were just, "meh". Same with Book of Exalted Deeds. That didn't even need a mature rating; it was just ooh, holy diseases! and that stupid monk feat.

Voadam

Legend
Neither did I, though I do have to ask — what meaningful contribution did their inclusion make? As far as I can tell, the answer is "none," so I have to wonder why one would include them at all.

Meaningful contribution? We are talking about RPG art. I do not feel that banning depictions of nipples from d20 logo'd RPGs made D&D better for me.

Not a big deal but that's my feeling on the matter, I'm fine with the art in the 1e MM, DMG, and Deities and Demigods.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads