• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[May] What are you reading?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Finished Eledest. Paoli showed growth as a writer, and the philosophical/religion aspects are interesting to discuss with my young sons. I also enjoyed how not everyone appreciated the hero as hero.

I think next up is The Omnivore's Dilemna, which is a political book about how we eat and how it effects the world.

jonathan swift

First Post
Just finished up Butcher's "Summer Knight." Really good as have been all the Dresden books so far.

Started on "Phule's Company", seems fun so far.

Steve Jung

Explorer
I'm finishing up Grave Peril by Jim Butcher. Seems like there a bunch of Dresden fans here. :) On deck, I have Ring of Fire, the 1632 anthology.

Decado

First Post
I am currently reading Dead Beat by Jim Butcher. It is my last Dresden book until the SFBC prints the next two. I might have to tackle my collection of recent R.E. Howard books next.

Decado

Welverin

First Post
Currently in the midst of Exalted: the Fair Folk and Calvin and Hobbes.

Novel wise I'll probably read The Children of Hurin next, followed up by Chapterhouse: Dune.

jonesy said:
Also Bone. The best comic ever. And that's including stuff like the Watchmen. Smith is a frickin genius.

Fixed that for you, because everyone knows Bone is the best comic ever.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Currently gliding my way through Alastair Reynolds' Pushing Ice. I'm enjoying being in a different universe to the author's previous works.

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
I really enjoyed the story and the world the author created, but some of the characters felt really flat and the prose just seemed awkward. Maybe it was in the translation or just the way the author writes. I will still read the sequels (Daywatch and uhh...something else).

The translaotor has won a bunch of awards for his translational work, so I'm thinking the latter. :)

And the final two books are "Twilight Watch (AKA "Dusk Watch") and "Final Watch".

Remove ads