[May] What are you watching?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
My guilty pleasure is still Survivor but my meat and potatoes for now includes Game of Thrones, Mad Men, and The Borgias. I catch a few other sitcoms and shows but I do my best not to miss those. :)

Krug

Newshound
Done with the last main episode of Sharpe's Rifles, where Sean Bean plays Richard Sharpe and fights in Waterloo. I liked how each episode is quite distinct, particularly Sharpe's time back in Yorkshire. Highly entertaining.

Also caught some of the new Yamato series and I think they've done a great job. The battles, in particular, are quite something to behold, and when the wave gun charges up... woowee!

ggroy

First Post
I'm presently watching Orphan Black, Defiance, and Continuum. (Orphan Black has 4 episodes to go, while the latter two shows end their runs around the beginning of July).

In terms of movies, I'm still debating on whether to see Star Trek Into Darkness. Most likely I'll probably end up reading the novelization of the movie, before watching the actual movie.

Last edited:

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
I just made my way to watching Fringe on Netflix. It was always on my list of things to check out, as a number of my friends with similar show tastes have recommended it to me for a while now. Loving it thus far (still watching season one).

LeStew

Explorer
I just made my way to watching Fringe on Netflix. It was always on my list of things to check out, as a number of my friends with similar show tastes have recommended it to me for a while now. Loving it thus far (still watching season one).

Season 1 is FANTASTIC!!!!

Herschel

Adventurer
Just finished season 1 of Vikings (on the History channel?!?!? but I digress), watching Doctor Who, Orphan Black, Game of Thrones, DaVinci's Demons, Archer (on DVD), need to catch up on The Borgias, Californication and Person of Interest and soon to be Copper: Season 2. As long as I have premium TV service there's a LOT of good stuff, almost too much.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Finally saw Iron Man 3 on IMAX 3D and found it to be awesome. Next up, Star Trek Into Darkness and, perhaps, Gatsby. :)

Krug

Newshound
Saw the ITV detective drama Broadchurch, featuring an unshaven David Tennant investigating the death of a young boy at a coastal British town. Liked it more than the original The Killing.

Last edited:

Jhaelen

First Post
Liked it more than the original The Killing.
Wow, really? That's high praise indeed. The original, first season of 'The Killing' was absolutely brilliant, imho.
Is it a simple retelling of the story or did they change things around a bit?

Remove ads