MCDM RPG classes. YouTube video.

Reynard

Legend
I have to say though I did think you’d heard them say something in the video, that I missed.
At about 8:25 he starts talking about where they actually are in the design process and it doesn't feel far enough along to me. I could of course be wrong.

Just to be clear, I was hoping for a playable preview on the order of the Shadowdark quickstart.

darjr

I crit!
At about 8:25 he starts talking about where they actually are in the design process and it doesn't feel far enough along to me. I could of course be wrong.

Just to be clear, I was hoping for a playable preview on the order of the Shadowdark quickstart.
I am too. We’ll see. I’ll have to listen again.

Would a prototype be workable? Knowing it’ll most likely change?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I am too. We’ll see. I’ll have to listen again.

Would a prototype be workable? Knowing it’ll most likely change?
If I can get a real feel for the rules, I'm more than ok with classes changing....but I want to know a lot more about the base rules, as it were (like the attack roll is the damage roll, etc.).

overgeeked

B/X Known World
That they're going to Kickstarter so early has me worried. They're still designing the game and just started limited public playtesting in the last month...but they're going to Kickstarter next month. That just seems incredibly off to me.

darjr

I crit!
That they're going to Kickstarter so early has me worried. They're still designing the game and just started limited public playtesting in the last month...but they're going to Kickstarter next month. That just seems incredibly off to me.
It’s what they did for Flee Mortals. The idea was to play-test these monsters after the Kickstarter. It turned out incredibly good.

I do get the concern though. This isn’t a monster book for an established game.

I’m not trying to convince anyone here, just thinking out loud.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
that was the model for most RPGs until recently. And, as pointed out, they did this with the monster book, and let KS backers be playtesters. Now, how that sits with the Patreon supporters and the overall new game? No idea.....

I'm a little surprised at the the timing, but they've been working on this for quite some time.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
It’s what they did for Flee Mortals. The idea was to play-test these monsters after the Kickstarter. It turned out incredibly good.

I do get the concern though. This isn’t a monster book for an established game.

I’m not trying to convince anyone here, just thinking out loud.
Sure. And same. I'm not trying to convince anyone either. Just thinking out loud. I didn't go in for Flee Mortals so I didn't know that was their setup. I have faith in Matt and his team, it just seems rushed to me.
that was the model for most RPGs until recently. And, as pointed out, they did this with the monster book, and let KS backers be playtesters. Now, how that sits with the Patreon supporters and the overall new game? No idea.....

I'm a little surprised at the the timing, but they've been working on this for quite some time.
They've been going at it since some random Monday earlier this year. Don't remember the month, but I'm sure a quick search would reveal it.

I imagine most, if not all, of the patrons would also be backers but the MCDM patrons have had early access to the documents months ahead of when Matt puts out videos on the topics.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I'm digging the description of "Focus."

I just need a succinct way to describe it. Where you generate resources while in combat, instead of starting combat with a set number of resources to spend, or even start off with an undefined number of resources that decrease under certain circumstances.

Maybe, "momentum mechanics?"

Remove ads