• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Meet Dracula, THE Vampire Lord for D&D

Often imitated, never bettered. Dracula is the vampire all the other vampires aspire to be. Yes, that includes you, Strahd. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enworld/mythological-figures-and-maleficent-monsters?fbclid=IwAR1LdiFvBugO4vwT7BzJCj0ceVYFXFulocfUO91vxoTPGirCrvNldE3egsY

Often imitated, never bettered. Dracula is the vampire all the other vampires aspire to be. Yes, that includes you, Strahd.

2E3E3270-926B-4347-83F1-98B48C30987C.jpeg

dave2008

Legend
Ok, I finally got a chance to review this and I like it a lot. From what I can see it is a very interesting high CR monster - nice work! My only minor issue is his strength. Dracula was supposed to be a strong as 20 men (at least Bram's version), so STR 20 seems a bit low.

Also, if you tease me too long, I just might have to get my fix somewhere else ;)

Asisreo

Patron Badass
They don't stack, but temporary hit points are granted by the feature/trait/spell, and the amount of temporary hit points granted by it is determined by the number of targets and the total damage dealt.
Using it twice in a row (while he still has temporary hit points from a previous use) would replace whatever leftover temp HP he has when the feature is used a second time.
Would that mean a fiendlock gets temp hp to all creatures he kills with an AoE? I don't think that's particularly broken but I just want to make sure.

That doesn't seem right, though.

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
Would that mean a fiendlock gets temp hp to all creatures he kills with an AoE? I don't think that's particularly broken but I just want to make sure.

That doesn't seem right, though.
Dark One's Blessing (the warlock fiend's first level archetype feature) is for "when you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hit points". That's a single event. You can reduce several creatures to 0 hit points at the same time, but they're all individually getting reduced to 0 hit points on their own because we're talking about their hit point totals.

Lifestealer is "Creatures in the area of effect must succeed on a DC 21 Constitution save or take 21 (6d6) necrotic damage; half of this damage is granted to Dracula as temporary hit points." The single event it is referring to is all the creatures in the area of effect taking necrotic damage at the same time (not what their totals are afterwards), and care was taken not to word it like other area effects (typically these things read as "A creature in the area makes a blah blah saving throw, taking blah blah on a failure or half as much on a success.") in so far that it specifically refers to creatures (plural) within the same sentence.

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
According to the Midgard Worldbook, King Lucan is only an ordinary MM "warrior vampire"...

...yeah, screw that. Should my PCs ever come toe-to-toe with Lucan, THIS is the stat block I'm using.

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
Page 81 (and his legendary actions and stuff are on page 82). He's one of the real heavy hitters in the book and gets all the pages he wants (all his stats are in the original post too, just not all spiffy).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads