• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Meet Dracula, THE Vampire Lord for D&D

Often imitated, never bettered. Dracula is the vampire all the other vampires aspire to be. Yes, that includes you, Strahd. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enworld/mythological-figures-and-maleficent-monsters?fbclid=IwAR1LdiFvBugO4vwT7BzJCj0ceVYFXFulocfUO91vxoTPGirCrvNldE3egsY

Often imitated, never bettered. Dracula is the vampire all the other vampires aspire to be. Yes, that includes you, Strahd.

2E3E3270-926B-4347-83F1-98B48C30987C.jpeg

They don't stack, but temporary hit points are granted by the feature/trait/spell, and the amount of temporary hit points granted by it is determined by the number of targets and the total damage dealt.
Ah, I had completely missed that! My bad.
(maybe clarify by adding "half this total damage is..."

dave2008

Legend
But the damage is insufficient for taking up all the action so to speak. He will get hit for hundreds of damage and not returning the favor. The action economy is harsh enough on the monsters as is!
I haven't looked at it closely enough to say, the AC and HP are descent but I haven't look at the rest of it to know how long it would last.

dave2008

Legend
I know. My point was, he'll never use that trait. He will die (for real) really fast, if that is going to be his use of action + bonus action against a 20th level party. ;)
IMO, a CR 23 monster is not meant as a solo threat to a lvl 20 party. By my gauge, a solo CR 23 monster is a threat for a level 13-15 party. Of course every group is different, but that is my general experience.

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
Dear heavens he'd just be a hard encounter for six 12th level adventurers. Seriously? Even with the huge advantage of numbers oy I just can't imagine that working out.

Sometimes I get the feeling that they worked out experience/CR stuff for 5E at the very end of the design process. :/

murquhart72

Explorer
Yeah but Strahd isn't necessarily an "imitation" so much as he IS Dracula... for D&D. But, whatevs, have another pointy-eared, long-haired, emo Drac wanna be using the same name. No skin off my campaign :p

Remove ads

Remove ads