• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

ajanders

Explorer
Bront said:
Vanitri can't help but laugh. "My friend, you need not ask me for permition. She's her own woman. Heck, she's not even really my sister, at least I don't think so. I hope not... It's just the 'folk way."

Michael nods and attempts to recover his savoir-faire .
"Right. Just...curious. I might go by the camp, then, and say hello. Pardon me..."

A moment later he is pounding upstairs in search of a bathroom. He pauses a moment to buttonhole a waiter. "Please give this to the manager in payment. Thank you for your help and kindness."
The startled waiter looks from the silvers in his hand to the armored man carefully pulling roses out of the house flower arrangement.
"Sir?" he suggests. The armored man looks at him and hands him a gold piece.
"And that's for your trouble."
Certain behaviors are constant to all waiters. The gold coin vanishes and the waiter says politely "Thank you, sir. Is this sir's...warhammer?"
Michael picks the hammer up and casually drops it into his sack.
"Yes. Thank you for reminding me."
He disappears into the bathroom.
The waiter stands, fascinated, gazing at the bathroom door and listening as an extraordinary collection of noises comes through it.

"Jewelers tools..."
*Clatter*
"Bedroll..."
*thump*
"Tent..."
*THUMP*
"Blanket, I think..."
*CRASH*
"Nope. Climbing kit..."
*rustle*
"Aha!"

More thumping and clattering.

The waiter is just considering running for the manager when the bathroom door opens and the man steps out, clad now in tight black wool breeches and a close-fitting black coat.
He carries a sack over his shoulder and a bouquet of roses.

"Thanks for all your help." he says, and lopes back downstairs.

The waiter pokes his head in the bathroom door cautiously.
"Tent??"

Below him, Michael works through the crowd, heading for the terrace and the Freefolk camp.

Lot

First Post
Azmodaen said:
While stuffing his face with food he spots lokin Walk into the Room. Ash wipes his mouth with his sleeve, trying to hide his uncouth behaviour. He looks back over to Lokin and Waves.

"Hey Lokin, finally joining the party?"

Lokin waves back and walks over to speak to Ash.

"Yeah, finally here. I was looking for my companions to let them know where I was going to be. Couldn't find 'em, though. Payne and Kol are their names, if you bump into 'em. Then again, there was some...tension, I guess you could say, between them. Of the romantic kind, you know? They might have made themselves scarce for obvious reasons, maybe?"

Lokin grabs a snack from a passing tray and pops it in his mouth.

"Would have been nice to have told me, though. Oh well, three's a crowd and I can take a hint. Now I need some new partners in this adventuring game. So is life."

Lokin sighs but remains smiling, namely because of the all the good food and drink around him. He grabs another small pastry and pops it in his mouth.

Knight Otu

First Post
Bront said:
"No, not realy," Juliana says, who seemed more than satisfied with her assesment of Ashnar well before Ashnar mentioned her exploits. "I prove myself on the field of battle. I need not brag about it later. Tis just a away men make themselves feel... large."

After hearing a comment from one of Rinaldo's kids, her eyes perk up a bit. "You've not always been a woman?" she asks Ashnar
"No, I haven't. A recent event changed my gender." Ashnar says, somewhat wondering how often this will come into discussion again this evening.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Hell doesn't have anything to do with it, though I don't think this is the right time or place for this story." Ashnar reacts to Gur's outburst. While she isn't sure that she was meant, the timing seemed to fit to her comment.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Heckler said:
"Yes, I noticed. It looks very well-made. I don't think I knew you were interested in making such things"
"I am a half-breed, Richard, I have no people. If you mean the Grugach I would prefer never to see them again. I'll just...I don't know...keep killing things until something kills me. My plan, such as it is, is to die a warrior's death and join my mother on the Other Side."

"However, this is supposed to be festive, isn't it? Let's not dwell on such things right now."
Richard winces at the words 'half-breed', remembering his youth. "Ya know Rin, when I was a kid I got captured by Orcs. I have seen how both sides, Orcs and Humans, treat their half-bloods. I will never understand the problem people have with who you come from... it only matters who you are.
To me anyways.
Won't bug anymore 'bout it... so anyways ya I can remember a little of my pa being at the forge... the heat, the smells an'sounds, feelin safe and so in awe of how he could take a lump and make a horse-shoe, a shovel... even a spear tip or sword, though they didn't have 'nuff of those when "

Creamsteak said:
"What the hell?" Gur Chuck-Chuck, the unkempt unclean filthy woodsman shouts.
Richards' hand is halfway to his sword-hilt before he remembers that his new blade is with most of his weapons, back in his room. Looking towards the disturbance the young fighter is conflicted between feeling unprepared without his armor and weapons and feeling foolish for thinking there would be a need for them in this place.

'... but if I was gonna attack, getting everyone in one place would make it easier to... ' he breaks off as he realizes that he was speaking, though quietly, and glances to Rinya. "Ya know, ever since that Dragon warned us about the future I've been just plain Paranoid. I don't much like waiting, rather just get to the battle, I know you understand at least." Looking around at so many finely dressed and fancy behaving people, the young country lad just shakes his head, torn between staying with his friend and just heading back to the RDI... for various reasons.

TheOcho

First Post
Creamsteak said:
"What the hell?" Gur Chuck-Chuck, the unkempt unclean filthy woodsman shouts.

Maladar takes notice as the large brute shouts out. His hand has naturally gone to his hilt. Thinking the orc may have eaten one of the party goers he scans the crowd trying to find the cause of the commotion.

Spot Check Dec 3rd 12:30pm (1d20+5=9)

Listen Check Dec 3rd 12:31pm (1d20+5=7)

Sense Motive Dec 3rd 12:35pm (1d20+2=17)

ooc: Since Gur is Half-Orc (orc favored enemy) I forgot to add the bonus which would be 11 and 9 respectively. I did add it to the Sense Motive check.

Knight Otu

First Post
TheOcho said:
ooc: Since Gur is Half-Orc (orc favored enemy) I forgot to add the bonus which would be 11 and 9 respectively. I did add it to the Sense Motive check.
(Gur is very much a human.)
Noticing the growing nervosity, Ashna raises her voice and calls out "Everybody please calm down. There is nothing happening except disbelief."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael sighs and adjusts his collar..

"As the lady says. Be at peace, all."

He tries to make his voice soothing and relaxing.

Turning to Gur, he says "Hey, are those corn dodgers? Save me a couple, would you?"

Remove ads