• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metropolis (The World in Waiting) - Chapter One

jkason

First Post
Ru, unsettled by more talk of gods, starts at a sudden thought. Ghost would be third party. The halfling was in the midst of the yellow robes.

"I do, actually," Ru pipes up, feeling stupid for having set it aside this long. He squats near the halfling and asks, "The Yellow Robes are supposed to have stolen ... a Key," he says. Realizing how vague the word is, he adds the only other information he has. "The Key to the Heart of the City. Did you see anything like that, hear anyone talking about it?"

D20Dazza

Explorer
Phoenix said:
Vulgrath pushes himself to his feet and hobbles across to the dismembered halfling, pausing only once to look back at Ghost.

"You did bring back Stephanie's soul didn't you?"

"Ummm, I'm afraid I haven't had much experience with souls and ummm don't know what they look like" Ghost answers bashfully, turning to the others gathered in the cavern he says "Did any of you happen to find any 'souls' while we were in the Yellow Robes den? Quite frankly, I presumed that it had been eaten or used in some vial experiment'

Fenris

Adventurer
D20Dazza said:
"Ummm, I'm afraid I haven't had much experience with souls and ummm don't know what they look like" Ghost answers bashfully, turning to the others gathered in the cavern he says "Did any of you happen to find any 'souls' while we were in the Yellow Robes den? Quite frankly, I presumed that it had been eaten or used in some vial experiment'

"Yeah, most of the souls were consumed it seems. But, while this isn't a soul, perhaps you can figure out what it is Vulgrath" And the Jackal hands Vulgrath a small vial of yellow liquid.

Phoenix

First Post
Fenris said:
"Yeah, most of the souls were consumed it seems. But, while this isn't a soul, perhaps you can figure out what it is Vulgrath" And the Jackal hands Vulgrath a small vial of yellow liquid.

Vulgrath takes the vial and looks into it, his eyes studying it intently but his mouth speaking of other things. "You know Taran, I swore that I asked you to look for this poor girls soul when you left, did you get any leads, any information?"

Vulgrath passes the vial back. "It's blood, but of what, I have no idea."

Fenris

Adventurer
Phoenix said:
Vulgrath takes the vial and looks into it, his eyes studying it intently
Vulgrath passes the vial back. "It's blood, but of what, I have no idea."

OOC: [sblock] Hmmmmm, yellow blood. Copper is green, iron with oxygen gives red, Manganese? Vandandium? Cobalt would be blue. Maybe the divalent cations are binding sulfur instead of oxygen? That would almost require silicone instead of carbon though due to size restrictions......

Sorry wrong game, but I love to find reasons for these things. I'll stop now. :heh: [/sblock]

The Jackal takes back the vial and replaces it. "Well whatever, or whomever it came from it was precious enough to the yellow-robes." and the Jackal grows quiet again and paces the floor thinking.

Phoenix

First Post
D20Dazza said:
"So who's up for a trip back to the Yellow Robe lair, see if we can't find what Vulgath is looking for"

Ghost:
[sblock]The day is getting late, and there is a birthday party to attend remember? :D [/sblock]

D20Dazza

Explorer
DM:

[sblock]Yeah I know but I figure Zimmerman ain't going to be real happy that I either

a.) Don't have Steph with me, or
B.) Have her but she has no soul!!!

I guess I could head to see Burke and then go to the party with Steph in tow and the others could go and see about the soul and I could tell Zimmerman that my partners are on their way back with her soul. If you don't mind the group splitting up again ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads