Metropolis (The World in Waiting) - Chapter One

Festy_Dog

First Post
"A party? With wealthy sorts?" Ba'aktar did not seem enthused by the prospect, "Meh, better be good drink."

Now that Hentre was officially dead Ba'aktar wagered he could retrieve a shiny thing or two from the remains without the torso trying to bite him in retaliation. He plodded over unceremoniously to rummage through the halfling's possessions for trophies. Hentre's short sword had caught the half-orc's eye, and it was about time that he actually got something of worth out of all this.

Phoenix

First Post
Fenris said:
The Jackal stands and says "Well, seems like Bubba here can think after all. Sounds like a grand plan lets go"
Phoenix only:
[sblock] The Jackal will quietley put the sword away in a concealed place before he speaks. I was having a heard time rationalizing why Jovik would attend this party. I must have typed four of five posts where he wouldn't go. No clothes, wouldn't fit in. then I thought. Hey, what a great place to pick some pockets! I have been way too noble of late. ;) [/sblock]

Jovik and Ba'aktar:
[sblock]Jovik, were you not going to offer the blade to Ba'aktar next? Bah, you two work it out in the OOC, bring it up with him.[/sblock]

Phoenix

First Post
There was no sun to set in the filthy sewer farms that dwelled below the city, and even if the dirty light could've reached such places, the view would not comfort those that would face the city's demons.

Vulgrath's herbal skills and healing powers sped the healing properties of the wounded companions, leaving little but stiff joints and tender bruises the next morning. With the elderly elf's abilities, it felt like everyone had slept for a week.

The morning of Stephanie Zimmerman's party was, uninteresting. By the time that everyone was packed and ready, it was only Stephanie herself who seemed reluctant to leave Vulgrath, but the elf's soothing words convinced her that she would have to return home eventually...

End of Chapter One​

Fenris

Adventurer
Ba'aktar and Phoenix Only
[sblock] As Ba'aktar plods over and begins rummaging throught he halfling' rapidly cooling corpes, he comes up empty handed. Not a penny or bauble to be to found. He puzzles for a bit and then his eyes rest on the Jackal. He stands up and approaches the wirey young man. He approaches and spoke, "I had noticed the shiny sword on Hentre, but now it is not there. Do you know what has become of it?" crossing his bulging arms as he did so.

The young man stares the large half-orce striaght in the eye and says "Yes, I had offered it to Vulgrath, but he refused it. No one else seemed interested in it, are you?" and the young man produces the sword as if out of thin air and holds it out to the half-orc who turns it over admiring it's workmanship.

OOC: That's as far as I am willing to insert words into Ba'aktar's mouth or actions to his body. FD can say what he does with it.
[/sblock]

Remove ads