Metropolis - The World in Waiting (Full)

Bront

The man with the probe
Phoenix said:
I like both of the characters so far. The idea of 'pocket' villages in the sewers under the city proper itself is very cool. The crocodile familiar is good, as it the rat. Really what it comes down to is that if the rat is really what you want to round out the character, I can bend the rules a little as well.

Cool. I think riding the dire rat could be fun (the grow pretty big in the sewers).

I statted him out. He's slightly better than some of the 4th level animals, but not others and not by much. He's pretty close to a wolf or riding dog gotten at 1st level and advanced as well.

DIRE RAT
Medium Animal
Hit Dice: 4d8+12 (30 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 50 ft. (8 squares), climb 25 ft.
Armor Class: 16 (+3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+5
Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d6+2 plus disease)
Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d6+2 plus disease)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Disease
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +5
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 4
Skills: Climb +11, Hide +8, Listen +5, Move Silently +5, Spot +5, Swim +11
Feats: Alertness, Weapon Focus(Bite) ,Weapon FinesseB
Alignment: neutral
5' Long, 85 Lbs
Disease (Ex): Filth fever—bite, Fortitude DC 13 (L0 Ability, Con Based), incubation period 1d3 days, damage 1d3 Dex and 1d3 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Skills: Dire rats have a +8 racial bonus on Swim checks. Dire rats have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
Dire rats use their Dexterity modifier for Climb and Swim checks.

I have the character statted out too, just need to finish up with equipment and then transfer it to a usable sheet here.

You going to create a rogue's gallery?

Last edited:

Cathoi

First Post
Can I go the route of Urban ranger (from WotC Unearthed Arcana) instead of the basic ranger?

It plays nearly the same, except the nature skill abilities get swaped for social one's, woodland stride and camoflage are lost, and there are slight changes to the spell list. The favored enemy bonus can also be applied to orginizations instead of species. I can post the exact changes if you'd prefer to see the specifics of it before giving the go-ahead.

Bront

The man with the probe
I have posted my character:

Taran Andrigo, Sewer Shamen, and his Dire Rat Twitchy

I'm going to still reedit the background and flesh it out a bit, but I have all the math done (I think).

FYI, I decided against an odd workaround of the move action to load a sling that Hypersmurf suggested in the rules forum. (Since slings are free, keep slings pre loaded and use quickdraw to draw a pre-loaded sling). Just seems wrong. Besides, I like how Taran works with the spears.

Last edited:

Phoenix

First Post
Well for the three that have submitted histories, pop on over and put on your characters. Give hps as average +1/2 (ie: d4=3, d6=4, d8=5, d10=6, d12=7). Looking forward to seeing them all.

Phoenix

First Post
Cathoi said:
Can I go the route of Urban ranger (from WotC Unearthed Arcana) instead of the basic ranger?

It plays nearly the same, except the nature skill abilities get swaped for social one's, woodland stride and camoflage are lost, and there are slight changes to the spell list. The favored enemy bonus can also be applied to orginizations instead of species. I can post the exact changes if you'd prefer to see the specifics of it before giving the go-ahead.

I cannot see why not, I don't have the book on me ATM but I remember the class well (I had a lot of people wanting to play it).

I know that Bront has already posted his character, and that this is supposed to be PHB-only classes, but I wanted to note that in Dragon magazine #317 there was a cool base class called the "urban druid" which would fit REALLY well into this campaign. I'd be happy to pass on the info.

Remove ads