• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metropolis - The World in Waiting (Full)

Bront

The man with the probe
Pheonix - I rolled my HP, I can fix them to average though.

Branding - Sure, drop me an e-mail if you want, or post stuff here and I'll take a look at it. I don't get dragon, though that might have to change soon.

Honestly, My only issue with the druid is more the shapeshifting. It's a cool power, but I'm not a huge fan of it. I couldn't think of anything else to replace it with that realy excited me and fit well with the concept, though UA suggests favored enemy, tracking, and swift tracking from the ranger, which could possibly work. I've sort of treated the sewers as a natural environment as far as most things have been concerned, but an urban druid idea could be usefull.

Phoenix

First Post
Bront said:
Pheonix - I rolled my HP, I can fix them to average though.

Branding - Sure, drop me an e-mail if you want, or post stuff here and I'll take a look at it. I don't get dragon, though that might have to change soon.

Honestly, My only issue with the druid is more the shapeshifting. It's a cool power, but I'm not a huge fan of it. I couldn't think of anything else to replace it with that realy excited me and fit well with the concept, though UA suggests favored enemy, tracking, and swift tracking from the ranger, which could possibly work. I've sort of treated the sewers as a natural environment as far as most things have been concerned, but an urban druid idea could be usefull.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the Shapeshifting either.....but if you can get a copy of the Urban to look at, I'll be happy to check it.

Bront

The man with the probe
Phoenix said:
Can't say I'm a big fan of the Shapeshifting either.....but if you can get a copy of the Urban to look at, I'll be happy to check it.
If you have any ideas of things I could dump shapeshifting for, I'd be willing to listen.

I see Taran more as a pied piper type character than a shapeshifter. He'll eventualy get augment summoning (I decided I wanted quickdraw first given the cramped nature of the sewers and it fit well with his spear wielding). Extra animal companions eventualy would work, some of the tracking things would work, but we'll see what the urban druid's all about.

Ranger Rick

First Post
Do you need another player?

If so I would like to flesh out a dwarven expert3/bard1. His mother is one of the many streetwalkers who inhabit the town. His father is but one of her faceless customers. He grew up homeless, waiting in any dark alley or under an overhang to get away from the elements. From this vantage point he learned how to figure out peoples motives and came across the multitude of humanoids that visited his area. He was occasionaly roughed up by a customer or two as well as the local gangs. He had no protector. He was at everyone's mercy. He observed much but participated little.

Long ago hismother had rationalized her way of life. Believing that prostitution was a noble occupation for an unskilled woman. She was found one morning lifeless but looking untouched. He determined his mother's life-force just decided to leave. Now on his own he decided to explore the other areas of the city.

Never having been formally schooled, he nevertheless learned to read and write. He hung out in one of the city's libraries. Through reading he escaped his dreary lifestyle. When he was of age, he got a job as a stevedore for one of the canal docks. He tried to get his mother to leave her profession, but her pride of earning a living kept her on the streets. Between the Library and the docks he developed a thirst for knowledge. He was also quick of wit and would even switch sides in an argument to continue to argue.

This Dwarf was one who never had friends due to his homelessness and him being the son of a dwarven prostitute. He never had a real grounding. Because books became his refuge, he learned much by them. However, he had not the practical experience of putting that knowledge to use. He knew a little about everything. But he had no detail knowledge. When he was shooed out of the library at closing time, his head filled with fresh knowledge he would look for ways to argue. He would find someone and bait them onto an argument. He wanted to discuss his knowledge and he was not averse to switching sides. Used to being homeless, he would be wandering and not caring for what his accommodations are.

Name TBD
Dwarf Bard 1/Expert 3

str14dex10con12int14wis12cha14
(CHA +1 for level)

Skills
Bluff
Gather information
Disable Device
Forgery
Knowledge (Current events)
Knowledge (Cocktail talk)
Knowledge (Past Events)
Open locks
Perform
Sense Motive

Feats TBD
Weapons Sap/sling

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Branding Opportunity said:
As I'm crazy busy all day, this will happen this evening (EDT) at the absolute earliest.
No hurry, whenever is convenient.

OMG, a dwarven prostitute? This is definately an... interesting city.

RobotRobotI

First Post
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Alexis Vaerthi, Priestess of Zsath
[b]Class:[/b] Cleric4
[b]Race:[/b] Human
[b]Size:[/b] Medium
[b]Gender:[/b] Female

[b]Str:[/b]  8 -1	  [b]Level:[/b] 4	[b]XP:[/b] 6000
[b]Dex:[/b] 14 +2	  [b]BAB:[/b] +3	[b]HP:[/b]  19 (4d8-4)
[b]Con:[/b]  8 -1	  [b]Grapple:[/b] +2	[b]Alignment:[/b] Lawful Neutral
[b]Int:[/b] 14 +2	  [b]Speed:[/b] 30'	  
[b]Wis:[/b] 17 +3	  [b]Init:[/b] +2		
[b]Cha:[/b] 14 +2	  [b]ACP:[/b] -X		 

[b]Base	 Equipment  Dex  Size   Class  Total[/b]
[b]Armor:[/b]	10        +0     +2    +0	+0 	12
[b]Touch:[/b] XX			  [b]Flatfooted:[/b] XX

[b]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/b]
[b]Fort:[/b]	4	-1		  +3
[b]Ref:[/b]	1	+2		  +3
[b]Will:[/b]	4	+3		  +7

[b]Weapon	Attack   Damage	 Critical[/b]
Morningstar	+2	 1d8+1	 x2

[b]Abilities:[/b]
Rebuke/Command Undead: 3 + 2 = 5/day, +4
Spontaneous Cast: Inflict Wounds
Domain: Law (+1 Caster Level to Law spells)
Domain: Death (Death Touch 1/day)

[b]Spells Memorized[/b]
[sblock]
Level 0 [5]
	Read Magic
	Read Magic
	Read Magic
	Guidance
	Guidance
Level 1 [4+1]
	Magic Stone
	Magic Stone
	Doom
	Entropic Shield
	-Protection from Chaos
Level 2 [3+1]
	Zone of Truth
	Desecrate
	Darkness
	-Death Knell
[/sblock]
[b]Feats:[/b]
Simple Weapon Proficiency
Armor Proficiency (All)
Heighten Spell
Brew Potion
Lawful Aura

[b]Languages:[/b] Common, Infernal, Elven
[b]Skill Points:[/b] 28	   [b]Max Ranks:[/b] 7/3.5
[b]Skills	Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/b]
Knowledge(Arc)	7	+2		  +9
Knowledge(Rel)	7	+2		  +9
Spellcraft	7	+2		  +9
Diplomacy	7	+2		  +9

[b]Equipment:			   Cost  Weight[/b]
Bag of Holding I	2,500gp	15lb (6lb)
	Morningstar	8gp	6lb
	Signet Ring	5gp	-lb
	Paper(10)	4gp	-lb
	Ink(1oz)	8gp	-lb
	Inkpen		1sp	-lb
	Chalk		1cp	-lb

Holy Symbol	25gp	1lb
Robe of Bones	2,400gp	1lb

[b]Total Weight:[/b] 16lb	  [b]Wealth:[/b] 64.89

[b]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/b]
[b]Max Weight:[/b]	 26	53	80	80   400

[b]Age:[/b] 23
[b]Height:[/b] 5'6"
[b]Weight:[/b] 105lb
[b]Eyes:[/b] Deep-set blue
[b]Hair:[/b] Black
[b]Skin:[/b] Pale white

Just putting this up for now. I've yet to do her money-spending, obviously, but is she looking alright otherwise, Phoenix?

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
RobotRobotI said:
Rebuke/Command Undead: 3 + 2 = 5/day, +2
Skills Ranks Mod Misc Total
Knowledge(Rel) 7 +2 +9

Just putting this up for now. I've yet to do her money-spending, obviously, but is she looking alright otherwise, Phoenix?

You are actualy +4 to rebuke, +2 from Knowledge Religion, +2 from Charisma.

RobotRobotI

First Post
Thanks, Bront.

I think I've got everything else covered - Phoenix, give me the OK and I'll post in the Rogue's gallery.

Last edited:

Remove ads