Metropolis - The World in Waiting (Full)

Bront

The man with the probe
Give him more than 4 hours to reply. He hasn't been on the forums since you made your request.

Also, in general, it's probably not polite to ask to join a game in the rogue's gallery.

Ranger Rick

First Post
Bront said:
Give him more than 4 hours to reply. He hasn't been on the forums since you made your request.

Also, in general, it's probably not polite to ask to join a game in the rogue's gallery.

Posting in that place was a mistake. I posted there first by accident.

Phoenix

First Post
Ranger Rick said:
Posting in that place was a mistake. I posted there first by accident.

I'm kinda after a little more than a broad open-ended character at the moment like an Explorer. Give me some gory details into your life and your family's first....the game is intended to mesh together the players' histories a little, so being to broad minded is actually a bad thing in this game. I want the good stuff!

Bront

The man with the probe
Nah, the class doesn't work in the way I envision the character. I'll just live with the currect druid.

Odd though, any chance I could instead of shape changing, every 5 levels (at 5th, 10th, and 15th) get an additional animal companion at that level? (at -4, -9, and -14 level equivilent of course). There's a Beastmaster PrC that does something similar to that, but I have no problem staying in the Druid class. Besides, that fits well in the pied piper vision I have for him.

If not, no big deal. I'll keep shapechanging (Could be worse).

D20Dazza

Explorer
Hi there,

This sounds like fun. Class wise I'm thinking bard and as to race elf. Hound is a journalist and investigator. He rails against the establishment and strives for a better place for the down trodden. More often than not he finds his investigations leave him waist deep in the paranormal. He works for a local rag, a self financed operation run by an idealogical hard arsed half orc called Burke. Occasionally, to supplement his income, he hires his investigative skills out but, the case has to pique his interest though - a cheater stalker his is not.

Hound has been investigating a story involving biomagical engineering on indentured workers on some of the sewer farms. He believes that these biofarms are a front for duplcitious 'God' dealings. The farms he has been investigating abut a religious sanctuary dedicated to the mysterious deity known as Hess Ne-el Il'ithuk . The followers of this somewhat questionable deity have a penchant for violence and experimentation. They refer to Hess Ne-el Il'ithuk as 'God' and anyone daring to invoke another deity or call 'God' by his actual name on their patch is dealt with quickly, brutally and without mercy.

He was born in The Apartments, 7 tall stone spires with hundreds of floors and a maze of rooms, corridors and staircases. All interconnected by bridges, tunnels and magical portals. All of the races of Metropolis have legends regarding the creation of The Apartments and no two of those legends is the same. The only thing that is common in the legends is the fact that somewhere in the vertical labyrinth something is hidden. Whether that something is benevolent or malign is unknown but every race has representatives searching for whatver it is. The Apartments are a constant skirmish, a war of atrittion. Sure, a race may hold a particular series of rooms or even a floor or two for anywhere from weeks to months. In fact the Killi-kelli-hek, a barbaric, flesh eating breed of dwarf, have inhabited the same three floors in one of the towers for the last 73 years. Recently the Killi-kelli-hek have become agitated and expansionist. Where as before they would hunt in small groups for meats and goods they are now moving through The Apartments in greater numbers. Hound believs that someone is using the Killi-kelli-hek to further their own ends, there is no other logical reason why they would all of a sudden become mroe agressive - is there?

\M/o0o\M/

I'm shattered, got another early start tomorrow and need some z's. I'll edit this and add some more tomorrow. This was just what immediately came to mind (while I saw there may have still been an open spot) I'll more fully develop the idea soon.

Cheers

Daz

Ranger Rick

First Post
Phoenix said:
I'm kinda after a little more than a broad open-ended character at the moment like an Explorer. Give me some gory details into your life and your family's first....the game is intended to mesh together the players' histories a little, so being to broad minded is actually a bad thing in this game. I want the good stuff!

I expanded it some more.

Phoenix

First Post
Bront said:
Nah, the class doesn't work in the way I envision the character. I'll just live with the currect druid.

Odd though, any chance I could instead of shape changing, every 5 levels (at 5th, 10th, and 15th) get an additional animal companion at that level? (at -4, -9, and -14 level equivilent of course). There's a Beastmaster PrC that does something similar to that, but I have no problem staying in the Druid class. Besides, that fits well in the pied piper vision I have for him.

If not, no big deal. I'll keep shapechanging (Could be worse).

Unfortunately I can envision a game with too many animal companions and not enough PCs...we'll keep it for now methinks.

Remove ads