Middle Earth [TA 2997]: The Phantom of the Northern Marches

Inez Hull

First Post
[OK net hassles fixed, and a lot quicker than I expected!]

The party decides that your injuries are the biggest factor in dealing with the phantom right now and a day of rest is allocated. Your quickly found campsite of last night is abandoned and a better hidden and resourced one is found and an effort made to conceal it from casual observation. The rest of the day is spent in enforced idleness which chafes at nerves but allows Valandil to tend to wounds properly and maximise the effectiveness of you rest.

The day grinds away uneventfully and the night whilst full of the noises of nocturnal creatures passes without threat. Come morning the party are all feeling considerably rested [all have recovered 12HP's, Antroine is fully healed and everyone else is is single figure damage taken apart from Valandil]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Valandil has one more CLW he can cast in their idle day, plus 4 cure minor wounds. He will cast his CLW on himself, and his 4 CMWs on whomever else could use them.

IC: The morning of the second day after their encounter with the phantom, Valandil is keen for action. "Shall we head back to where we last encountered the creature? Perhaps there will be some tracks or clues."

Inez Hull

First Post
Valandil's healing magic soothes some of the remaining cuts and scrapes and everyone is feeling ready to travel on in the morning. [Current Hits; Antroine on full, Arathorn 1 damage taken, Artos 3 damage taken, Breor 4 damage taken, Valandil 6 damage taken.]

OK so what is the party's plans from here?

Mirth

Explorer
Manzanita said:
The morning of the second day after their encounter with the phantom, Valandil is keen for action. "Shall we head back to where we last encountered the creature? Perhaps there will be some tracks or clues."

"Thanks for that bit of healing, Valandil," Artos says, standing and ruffling the man's hair like one would a small boy. "I agree that we should head back. I'd like to get a better look at that tree."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Arathorn Ranger of the North

"Yes, you have all our thanks Valanthil." Then turning to Artos, "Let us be off, but everyone be on the lookout for the unusual. Arathorn states what he hopes is by now unnecassary.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Antroine finishes smoking the contents of his pipe, and with a contented look on his face indicates his readiness with a flourish.

"I am prepared gentlemen," he quips.

Inez Hull

First Post
The party breaks camp the following day and resumes its hunt for the phantom in restored spirits. Despite the expectation of trouble the travel is easy. Whether it is travelling in daylight or the phantom has just decided to leave the party be, you make good time traversing the gentle foreslopes of the Pen Dredi. In less than an hour you have reached the gorge and push south to find the navigable slope you climbed down two nights ago. As you move towards the slope, a wary Arathorn pulls you up short, pointing out a cunningly placed tripwire that would have sent any who didn't notice it tumbling headlong down the slope.

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
Carefully, Artos traces the tripwire to find out what kind of trap it leads to.

OOC: Just to give a heads up to everyone, my second child is due on Oct. 9th and my wife is ready to pop, so I may be absent for awhile. Feel free to autopilot my character until I can make it back.

Remove ads