Middle Earth [TA 2997]: The Phantom of the Northern Marches

rangerjohn

Explorer
Arathorn Ranger of the North

"The question is track of what? Neither birds, phantoms, or spellcasters would know how to set a tripwire like this. I think we are dealing with at least two people, quite possibly a group."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Antroine gets out his tools of the trade, taking a careful look at the tripwire Arathorn pointed out.

"You're probably right there," he says, clenching an empty pipe in his teeth, "Hehe, never thought I'd need to put these things to use out in the middle of the wilderness."

Inez Hull

First Post
The wire appears to be set up purely for tripping, there is no triggering mechanism of any sort connected to it - an extremely basic trap but cannily set. The wire is cut and the area checked for tracks. The experienced woodsman of the party check the area for tracks, the rangers by conventional means and the shaggy Artos once more getting down low and sniffing about. There is clear evidence of a small humanoid having moved around the area, apparently the trap setter. However, there is no sign of where the tracks came from or disappeared to, they are seemingly without source.

[Unless there is anything else the party wishes to do at the trapsite I am assuming you travel on]

Careful navigation of the gorge brings the party once again to the site of your makeshift camp where you encountered the Phantom.

Manzanita

First Post
Valandil

"We are blundering in the darkness. I don't know how to track someone who can turn into a bird, who has no apparent home. My hope and fear are the same. That he is also tracking us."

Inez Hull

First Post
Sorry if the game is becoming frustrating, I'm not trying to make it that way! All I can suggest is not worry too much about tracking for a specific locale. This is a wilderness adventure in the truest sense - pick an approriate direction and explore.

Festy_Dog

First Post
"Well, maybe we should wander about a bit and see what we can find. If that thing doesn't know where we currently are we should keep on the move, gives us a chance of finding whatever it might call home anyway, or clues as to it," Antroine says hopefully.

Manzanita

First Post
Valandil

"How about heading back towards that great Tomb we saw earlier. That may be as good a direction as any, and if we are followed, it might be of aid to us yet."

Remove ads